Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am speaking for just us, and NOT intended to be snarky at all. DH had a critical cancer dr's apt as I commented on this thread previously. We had a pre-surgical date of middle of March.

That said, totaled the Lexus and the conditions are so dangerous. Odot, scraped off all the snow and left 2 inches of ice. We are both so sore and may go and be checked out...:truce:
I am so sorry to hear this, I am praying for you both, in Jesus' Healing Name, amen! :blowkiss:

I had only one snow day and truthfully, I could've driven but I thought why take the chance. It's hard to know until you're actually on the road. Anyway, we didn't get much ... NOTHING like they were predicting. The warnings they had out were so extreme that I thought it was going to be the storm of the century and I've seen worse, much worse in this area.

Best wishes to all you guys & gals still dealing with it.

Oh Sooner!!!!! I am glad you are still here to chat with us!!! I hope each day, you both will be feeling better. Snow isn't too bad, but man once it freezes, that ice sucks!!!!

So did you make it to the appointment? Was this on the way there or back?

My Mama always told us to never pay off a car. lol it will jinx you! Either buy outright in the beginning (we poor people, that doesn't work, :loser::innocent:) Or, trade in before you pay off.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh Sooner!!!!! I am glad you are still here to chat with us!!! I hope each day, you both will be feeling better. Snow isn't too bad, but man once it freezes, that ice sucks!!!!

So did you make it to the appointment? Was this on the way there or back?

My Mama always told us to never pay off a car. lol it will jinx you! Either buy outright in the beginning (we poor people, that doesn't work, :loser::innocent:) Or, trade in before you pay off.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It was on the way home..couldn't get a rental...we have AAA and they pulled it out..bit they weren't renting cars...drove with the front end dragging I'm pretty sure we left the bumper and front end in the center median

aw sweety, I am glad to hear/read that at least you made the appointment. I know that was a big deal for you facing the weather, etc. It was important to you to make that appointment. I am glad you did before the mishap. Everything else can be dealt with. DH health is the most important thing.

It was on the way home..couldn't get a rental...we have AAA and they pulled it out..bit they weren't renting cars...drove with the front end dragging I'm pretty sure we left the bumper and front end in the center median

LOL, who needs the front end right? I am so glad you made it to the appointment. It was meant to be:great:

What was so important that these people felt they had to drive through a blizzard to get to? I read a lot of excuses. No one seemed hurt or needed a doctor, as far as I read. I knew this was coming and I'm in GA. Now they are stuck and have towing fees. I saw Jim Cantore on TWC and he could barely stand, he said it was like a hurricane with snow.

I can answer that one!
People in Chicago do not listen to warnings and do what they want anyways. THEN, they blame the city for their (unusual behavior).
Everybody knew this storm was going to be a doozie and driving RIGHT NEXT to the lake seemed like a good idea to some. :rollseyes:
Blaming the city seems to redeem their faliure to comply with instructions.
IMO after living here my whole life.:loser:

Cars can be replaced...that's not a big deal...crazy thing is we made the last payment 3 days ago...ugh...I was hoping for a no car payment for a while.

aaawww...you kinda have luck like mine! You've got a good attitude, though. Things are only things, and thus can be replaced if need be. I try to live like that, too. Emphasis on the word "try." lol

We're under another Winter Weather Advisory here in NE Indiana, for another 3-4" by this evening. It's really coming down. This was NOT in this morning's forecast, either, so everyone was unprepared for this much new snow in addition to the storm from a few days ago. :maddening: It is pretty to look at, though.

coming down like mad in plymouth, michigan!!!

***this was not in the forcast :-(

We're under another Winter Weather Advisory here in NE Indiana, for another 3-4" by this evening. It's really coming down. This was NOT in this morning's forecast, either, so everyone was unprepared for this much new snow in addition to the storm from a few days ago. :maddening: It is pretty to look at, though.

What you get, I get.
I just came back from stocking up on pet food need and a new charger for my dead phone. :( Here I was, stranded with no phone. yikes. I;m good to be captive again for a few days.

I am speaking for just us, and NOT intended to be snarky at all. DH had a critical cancer dr's apt as I commented on this thread previously. We had a pre-surgical date of middle of March.

That said, totaled the Lexus and the conditions are so dangerous. Odot, scraped off all the snow and left 2 inches of ice. We are both so sore and may go and be checked out...:truce:

Ow. Sorry about the car and just when you were done paying it off. gahh.
I hope you and hubby aren't too bumped up yourselves!

it is STILL COMING DOWN HERE!!!

funny thing is that the same weather dudes who said we would get 15 inches on ground hog day (((we got 7))) are now saying our snow is over..

funny thing

I am still looking at it snowing furiously here!

And we are in for up to 3 inches tomorrow ((if I choose to believe same said weather dudes))

****and all my ice melt is gone... and I will be danged to go out and shovel the walk again.. it is pointless the way the snow is falling... hubby went to the store an hour ago and the tire tracks and his footprints to the door are already filled back in with fresh snow!!! ******

I had only one snow day and truthfully, I could've driven but I thought why take the chance. It's hard to know until you're actually on the road. Anyway, we didn't get much ... NOTHING like they were predicting. The warnings they had out were so extreme that I thought it was going to be the storm of the century and I've seen worse, much worse in this area.

Best wishes to all you guys & gals still dealing with it.

I spoke too soon :maddening:

and I think Mother Nature has decided to show me what real snow is now!

It's coming down furiously today.

I just totally wiped out on a thick sheet of ice while shoveling. Snapped the shovel in half trying to catch myself. Ouch. New body parts are hurting every few minutes. My dog ran over to check on me though, which was sweet.

detroit weather dude at abc just tried to save himself from his shoddy forcasting... and is very broad in his assumption for tomorrow...

all I know is that I have to pay another 20 bucks for my neighbor on his little quad with snow blade to get me the he!! out of my driveway!

nurse... out!

I just totally wiped out on a thick sheet of ice while shoveling. Snapped the shovel in half trying to catch myself. Ouch. New body parts are hurting every few minutes. My dog ran over to check on me though, which was sweet.

Please be careful! I am having severe back pain..But that's the worse of it. Uncle Sooner can't even walk...he's tired...weird the air bags didn't go off....I only weight 92 lbs...we were only going 35 mph. My air bags have a limit of 96..

I finally had the nerve to go look
at the car...I don't know how we survived...a car in the right lane was coming over in to our lane and David, moved a fraction and hit a snow bank. We feel pretty lucky.

Hope you're okay!

Please be careful! I am having severe back pain..But that's the worse of it. Uncle Sooner can't even walk...he's tried...weird the air bags didn't go off....I only weight 92 lbs...we were only going 35 mph.

I finally had the nerve to go took at the car...I don't know how we survived...a car in the right lane was coming over in to our lane and David, moved a fraction and hit a snow bank. We feel pretty lucky.

Hope you're okay too!

Sending warm Southern breezes, prayers, and best wishes to all of you that have had accidents and are still seeing ice and snow! I can't wait for the 4th of July and hot summer nights! Hang in there guys....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back