***GUILTY MURDER 2nd Degree*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread #2 (livestream) 2019.10.23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, October 23rd:
*Trial Continues (Day 10)-VERDICT WATCH! (Day 2) (@ 9am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 10/10/19. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women, 2 alternates: 1 man & 1 woman.
Court hearings, Jury selection & trial from 1/25/19 thru 10/21/19 reference post #1604 here:
***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

10/22/19 Day 9: Judge gave jury instructions. Two alternate jurors are released for the time being. If Rodgers is found guilty, they will be asked to return for the penalty phase of the trial. At 10:11am ET on day 15 of trial, the jury began deliberations. The jurors are asking for all Taylor Shomaker's statements to law enforcement or transcripts from her testimony in court. The judge said he cannot give them her statements to law enforcement, but could have the court reporter read her testimony back in court. The court reporter read entirety of Taylor Shomaker's testimony from last week to the jury. The read back concludes (about @ 1:30pm ET) & the jury sent back to continue their deliberations. Their lunch is also here so they will be taking lunch now as well. About 2pm ET: Jury note: can the court provide 11 copies of the court instructions? Neither side opposes to that. They are printing the copies & then they will send them back. About 5pm ET (after 7 hours of deliberations): The jury has not come to an agreement & it is unlikely they will come to an agreement tonight & are asking for direction, the note reads according to Judge Bruce Kyle. The jury responded that they need more time to deliberate. The judge is going to ask how long they are willing to stay tonight, or if they are done for the day then he will ask them to come back tomorrow at 8:30. The jury has decided to continue tomorrow morning with a clear and fresh mind. They will report back at 8:30 on 10/23. Deliberations day 1: 7 hours.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Trial tentatively scheduled for 11/12.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/19/16) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Good morning all! Thank you for all the tweets and updates!
Lots of news coverage here via TV and radio yesterday and today. They are interviewing lawyers not associated with the case and the consensus is this is not a slam dunk and there could be a not guilty verdict (ugh!!).
For the record, I say guilty on murder.
Praying for justice.
Have a day that matters!!

Good morning all! Thank you for all the tweets and updates!
Lots of news coverage here via TV and radio yesterday and today. They are interviewing lawyers not associated with the case and the consensus is this is not a slam dunk and there could be a not guilty verdict (ugh!!).
For the record, I say guilty on murder.
Praying for justice.
Have a day that matters!!
Your correct. The jury does not know all what we know unfortunately so it is not a slam dunk. UGH (Good to see you online this am sister )

And I’m also think they discounted CWW’s testimony all together.[/QUOTE

While I thought it was a great rebuttal at the time to 2hours of Curtis Wayne Wright is a liar, I think Hunter saying, "ok, discount his testimony, then" might be the greatest faux pas of it all so far. Not even so much for this trial, but the next.

While I thought it was a great rebuttal at the time to 2hours of Curtis Wayne Wright is a liar, I think Hunter saying, "ok, discount his testimony, then" might be the greatest faux pas of it all so far. Not even so much for this trial, but the next.

I think the bigger thing is the judge reading the jury instructions. Jury instructions clearly state that you may discount credibility if a witness is receiving money, any benefit, or have changed their testimony compared to statements, or if the person is a convicted felon.

Do any of you think maybe the jury, or at least one juror, misread Taylor's body language? Instead of fear (which seemed obvious to me), maybe seeing it as she was unable to look at JRR because of a guilty conscience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!