***GUILTY MURDER 2nd Degree*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread #2 (livestream) 2019.10.23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhh...I have felt so confidant with how the prosecution presented this case...I cannot even fathom a "not guilty" verdict. Positive vibes for this jury to get it right!! Searching for a puke bucket emoji!! Thanks to those keeping us informed thoughout this trial! oxox

Good morning all! Thank you for all the tweets and updates!
Lots of news coverage here via TV and radio yesterday and today. They are interviewing lawyers not associated with the case and the consensus is this is not a slam dunk and there could be a not guilty verdict (ugh!!).
For the record, I say guilty on murder.
Praying for justice.
Have a day that matters!!

I am lighting a candle right now.

Do any of you think maybe the jury, or at least one juror, misread Taylor's body language? Instead of fear (which seemed obvious to me), maybe seeing it as she was unable to look at JRR because of a guilty conscience?
For me it was not the body language. It was the victim assistance payments and how the defense spotlighted that to the jury

I think the bigger thing is the judge reading the jury instructions. Jury instructions clearly state that you may discount credibility if a witness is receiving money, any benefit, or have changed their testimony compared to statements, or if the person is a convicted felon.

I remember when those five were read by the judge. The camera was focused on Jimmy. He actually took up his right hand and counted out one, two, three, four, five and made an obvious motion that five out of five related to the witnesses.

Do any of you think maybe the jury, or at least one juror, misread Taylor's body language? Instead of fear (which seemed obvious to me), maybe seeing it as she was unable to look at JRR because of a guilty conscience?

I know I’m in the minority, and I’ve said this before, but I didn’t see it as fear. Looked like a show to me. She was scared and crying and answering all the prosecutors questions, but the minute it was the defense questioning her, she wasn’t afraid at all, she couldn’t remember anything and she actually had an attitude with KF. Maybe it was anxiety in the beginning, but it seemed like the state told her to look scared. Not sure what the jury thought about it.

I know I’m in the minority, and I’ve said this before, but I didn’t see it as fear. Looked like a show to me. She was scared and crying and answering all the prosecutors questions, but the minute it was the defense questioning her, she wasn’t afraid at all, she couldn’t remember anything and she actually had an attitude with KF. Maybe it was anxiety in the beginning, but it seemed like the state told her to look scared. Not sure what the jury thought about it.

I noticed she was calming down with the State after a while, before the defense questioning started.

I noticed she was calming down with the State after a while, before the defense questioning started.

To me that was like she relaxed, and forgot that she needed to keep acting. But I’m sure the jurors will all judge it in their own way.
I didn’t like that Ross asked the judge to make KF step away from the witness, when she was showing Taylor her Depo. I thought it was an attempt to make KF seem scary or intimidating to the jurors. Those attorneys are just doing their job.

Yeah, I don't think she's 100% innocent, but that doesn't make JRR not guilty of what he's done.

Oh, sorry... I was referring to the actions of JRR - having Taylor help get rid of evidence - HIS behavior in that instance was not the behavior of an innocent person. And they would have to believe that part of her testimony because some of the items were found.

Oh, sorry... I was referring to the actions of JRR - having Taylor help get rid of evidence - HIS behavior in that instance was not the behavior of an innocent person. And they would have to believe that part of her testimony because some of the items were found.

Yes I agree. I’m sure that’s some of what the jury is picking through, to get down to the corroborating facts.

I may be different than many here but I think the biggest issue that the jury has to grapple with is the question that the prosecutors asked when CWW was in the garage and then in the house beginning the killing of Dr. Sievers. Prosecutors asked this, "Where was Jimmy?" Defense talked about this as a hole in the story/timeline. These two have no plan for doing what they will be doing almost momentarily. They don't plan. Jimmy and CWW are split up. CWW says he doesn't know where he was. And, only saw Jimmy at the crucial killing part, delivering the final blows and (as the defense said) CWW saying JRR was responsible for those and had to make him stop.

Don't get me wrong. I am thinking they both did this. But, when you have your eyewitness unable to say where Jimmy is and what he is doing at any point before he starts in on the murder, I question where was he and why. No robbery. I think the jury may be struggling with this.

While I thought it was a great rebuttal at the time to 2hours of Curtis Wayne Wright is a liar, I think Hunter saying, "ok, discount his testimony, then" might be the greatest faux pas of it all so far. Not even so much for this trial, but the next.

Disagree here. I thought it was one of his smartest moves. His point was - you don't need Wayne's testimony. There is plenty of physical evidence. Focus on that. I think he said that bc he didn't want the jury to get bogged down where some found his story credible and relied too much on it, while others did not find him believable. Just throw it out and focus on the rest of the evidence & testimony.

I may be different than many here but I think the biggest issue that the jury has to grapple with is the question that the prosecutors asked when CWW was in the garage and then in the house beginning the killing of Dr. Sievers. Prosecutors asked this, "Where was Jimmy?" Defense talked about this as a hole in the story/timeline. These two have no plan for doing what they will be doing almost momentarily. They don't plan. Jimmy and CWW are split up. CWW says he doesn't know where he was. And, only saw Jimmy at the crucial killing part, delivering the final blows and (as the defense said) CWW saying JRR was responsible for those and had to make him stop.

Don't get me wrong. I am thinking they both did this. But, when you have your eyewitness unable to say where Jimmy is and what he is doing at any point before he starts in on the murder, I question where was he and why. No robbery. I think the jury may be struggling with this.

IDK if the jury is struggling with this, especially if they choose to disregard Wayne's testimony, but I agree 100% with your observations. I have never once believed there was no plan. I actually believe pretty much everything about Wayne's story about how things went down in MO the weekend of the wedding. On the other hand, I believe very little of what he said once they got to the house that night to commit the murder. Some of it is plausible, but he said a lot of things that I don't believe for a minute.

IDK if the jury is struggling with this, especially if they choose to disregard Wayne's testimony, but I agree 100% with your observations. I have never once believed there was no plan. I actually believe pretty much everything about Wayne's story about how things went down in MO the weekend of the wedding. On the other hand, I believe very little of what he said once they got to the house that night to commit the murder. Some of it is plausible, but he said a lot of things that I don't believe for a minute.

I agree with you. For 22 hours in the car, they never talked about it? For 18+ hours in FL, they never talked about it? You are about to commit a murder with no plan but you are lusting after your best friend's motorcycle. They can't be this stupid. But, why not come clean if you are implicating JRR in this? I am not sure that the prosecutors got the whole story and I don't understand why they did not insist on it. It makes no sense to me to be in that home with no plan and not know where your partner is.

But, if I were a juror and had the ability to convict on capital murder, I would want to know or I would only be able to convict on a lesser charge where the death penalty is off the table. That is just me.

I agree with you. For 22 hours in the car, they never talked about it? For 18+ hours in FL, they never talked about it? You are about to commit a murder with no plan but you are lusting after your best friend's motorcycle. They can't be this stupid. But, why not come clean if you are implicating JRR in this? I am not sure that the prosecutors got the whole story and I don't understand why they did not insist on it. It makes no sense to me to be in that home with no plan and not know where your partner is.

But, if I were a juror and had the ability to convict on capital murder, I would want to know or I would only be able to convict on a lesser charge where the death penalty is off the table. That is just me.

Well, it makes a little sense if it's true the time she'd be getting home was miscommunicated and she got home a lot earlier than they anticipated.

I'm with you...her demeanor changed with defense and she got an attitude. That did not go over well with jury IMO, and the fact she got money each month, even though she has a new man/baby and especially the part about who she was talking to and paid for their trip to California.... She either conveniently forgot/didn't remember, or was deceptive and it was obvious. THAT is why i think Jury has an issue with her. And that alone may hurt the prosecution. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!