GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Karas face book just said....jurors 8,10,11,12 stepped down to look at CY pajamas and jeans,put on gloves, juror 12 didnt stay to look at jeans.

No one has the b-day photo?

I don't believe the defense disputed the fact that it wasn't the same shirt this time around. The first trial the photo was thrown out there by the defense without notice. This time the prosecution had time to closely examine the photo of the 'birthday shirt' and determined it not to be a match with the HI shirt. This was testified to in court this time and the defense didn't dispute the fact that the shirts don't match. IMO.

Shoe styles aren't the only evidence that experts call "consistent" as their best and closest description. Also in this list would be:

- hair (unless you can dna test an attached root)
- fibers
- bullets and gun (unless you can get the actual weapon, and match the pattern from a known bullet to one fired from the gun)
- knife (unless you can get the actual weapon and get a DNA match)

http://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession

Beth Karas InSession

Correction: The first jurors to examine the clothes were from the front row. Now three jurors from the back row (jurors 1, 2, and 5) are looking at them. So, 7 of the 12 jurors opted to inspect the clothes; 5 remained in their seats in the jury box.

1 minute ago
Beth Karas InSession

Jurors 8, 10, 11, 12 stepped down from the jury box to examine Cassidy's pajamas and Young's jeans. They all put on gloves. Juror 12 returned to her seat after looking at the pjs; she didn't stay to examine the jeans. I wonder if these 4 jurors (3 women and 1 man) are split from the other 8. Not necessarily but maybe...

5 minutes ago

Beth Karas InSession

Fifteen minutes into day 2 of deliberations, the jury asked for 12 items in evidence including the map of VA and NC, autopsy report, photos of the master bedroom and little Cassidy's room, photo of Young at Cracker Barrel hours before the murder, photo of the Hush Puppy bloody imprint, photo of luggage in Young's Explorer.

1 hour ago

</H6>

thank god, the first person who has said something nice about jurors!!!

I would NEVER say anything negative about a jury. They have a very hard job and IMO, we, the public, need to appreciate them instead of criticizing them. That goes even if they return a verdict I disagree with. I am not in the heads of any juror and I sincerely believe they put a lot of thought into their decision and I may not agree with it but I am not going to criticize a one of them. Also, who are we to remark about, what time they start deliberating, when they request a break, or lunch, when to end the day of deliberations...
This decision is one they will live with the rest of their lives,it has to be mind boggling when you think of the responsibility on their shoulders.. AMOO.

I have a strong sense a G is coming. I have to say it is surreal to be here in person feet away from all of these people. It's an intense feeling to hear a verdict read that changes so many lives in the most profound way. I honestly almost passed out when the BC verdict was read. Not because it impacted me personally but because of its sheer weight.

Shoe styles aren't the only evidence that experts call "consistent" as their best description. Also in this list would be:

- hair (unless you can dna test an attached root)
- fibers
- bullets and gun (unless you can get the actual weapon, and match the pattern from a known bullet to one fired from the gun)
- knife (unless you can get the actual weapon and get a DNA match)

So is DNA, when there aren't enough alleles to create a perfect match.
Soil samples would be "consistent" as well.

I have a strong sense a G is coming. I have to say it is surreal to be here in person feet away from all of these people. It's an intense feeling to hear a verdict read that changes so many lives in the most profound way. I honestly almost passed out when the BC verdict was read. Not because it impacted me personally but because of its sheer weight.

R jurors still in there? R they looking at jason?

Was wondering does anyone have a link to the photo of him wearing the "shirt" @ CY b-day party... The one that is so called staged..
Thanks

Youngstring.jpg

Beth Karas face book just said....jurors 8,10,11,12 stepped down to look at CY pajamas and jeans,put on gloves, juror 12 didnt stay to look at jeans.

I wish that juror diagram was a sticky! I can't find it when I try to scroll back so many pages...

Here's how the items the jury asked for will be interpreted:

- The NG folks will see this as benefiting the NG position
- The G folks will see this as benefiting the G position
- The hung jury folks will see this as continuing to divide the jury

And the rest of the folks will not know what it all means.

I have no idea what it means either other than they are thinking about the case.

Regardless of the verdict they render, I'm grateful they are actually deliberating amd appear to be putting a lot of care into their decision. I must say, I'm on the edge of my seat.

iucpa, is it the feeling of 'tension in the air' that is causing your feelings of G?

Jurors 8, 10, 11, 12 stepped down from the jury box to examine Cassidy's pajamas and Young's jeans. They all put on gloves. Juror 12 returned to her seat after looking at the pjs; she didn't stay to examine the jeans. I wonder if these 4 jurors (3 women and 1 man) are split from the other 8. Not necessarily but maybe...

This might indicate a difference of opinion of whther or not CY was removed from the house and returned, the implication being that if so - the G's would likely have to concur there was an accomplice.

iucpa.....what do JY and his attorneys look like this AM? Is there tension from their perspective?

thanks, by the way, for your reports!

praying for justice for Michelle Marie Fisher Young and her unborn son Rylan.
please God, let there be a guilty verdict today.....please!

None of them looke at anybody. Only a couple touched the jeans. They appeared more interested in Cy's pjs. I am convinced juror 6 is a G lock. Thought it from the first time I saw her. She didn't come down and look at anything. The foreperson carries herself with confidence. Jason is very calm, joking. Reading the sports section of the N&O. Said good morning to his mom. I'm surprised he doesn't sit and talk with her while the jury is out. This might be the last time he can ever spend with her as a free man. I'll stick around until 12:30 in case they come back quickly after seeing the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState