GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason someone on that jury wants to see the actual list of items in suitcase.. Why?? Only the person who suggested it, knows.

I don't read into these requests for evidence as G, NG, or Hung. It's a sign they're doing their job. They're being attentive. They have questions and perhaps by revisiting the evidence as it was discovered by LE, they'll be able to decide if it's the one thing that makes them vote any which way.

These 12 people had an entire weekend to contemplate what has been presented to them over the past few weeks. They had a chance on Friday to get, most likely, a first vote and probably enough time for each juror to give their reason for that decision. Their 'hook' if you will, on which item or circumstance means to them, it cannot be any other way, but guilt, innocent, or who knows? Undecided.

JMHO
fran

My :twocents:

I find that is a lot of evidence to be asking to see, imo. Usually a jury may be stuck on one or two pieces of evidence but that's quite a list!!

Wonder if it's one juror or different jurors asking for something different. I noticed CY items are on there as well. The medicine seems to be an important factor for at least one juror.

I've never seen a Judge agree to give the jurors part of the transcript during deliberations. Have you seen otherwise? In my experience, what is transcribed by the Court Reporter during trial is an odd conjunction of words, so that she knows what she needs to type up later.

I've heard the court reporter read from the transcript, back to the jurors.

JMHO
fran

Can NOT replace a list of everything that was actually in the suitcase. MOO
I believe it will be a big question in all the jurors mind, is LE trying to hide evidence. MOO

:what: It's not LE's shirt that's missing from his suitcase, it's Jason's shirt.

I am pondering the idea if the dismissal of a Durham ADA on Friday, plays a role in what they are requesting to review?
Wasn't one of the reasons, with holding exculpatory evidence? Not saying this is the case here but it brings into question the honesty of all involved in a case. MOO

The items from the suitcase were shown in court and entered into evidence. A list of items in the suitcase was not entered into evidence. Maybe LE has one, I don't know. But that doesn't matter because if a list exists but it wasn't entered into evidence during the trial it's not something the jury will get.

They can look at the items from the suitcase again and make their own list if they want. It would not be a long list, that's for sure.

I will say this - the couple of times I went to the courthouse this time around, the majority of the jury seemed very attentive. Yes, there were a couple of nodders and people not paying as much attention, but I think this jury is taking its job seriously, and I know I'll be happy with whatever they decide knowing they gave it an honest effort.

thank god, the first person who has said something nice about jurors!!!

I've never seen a Judge agree to give the jurors part of the transcript during deliberations. Have you seen otherwise? In my experience, what is transcribed by the Court Reporter during trial is an odd conjunction of words, so that she knows what she needs to type up later.

Give and read I've seen both, most recently the Blago trial. It is the right of the jury during deliberations to ask for testimony from one or more witnesses that they can either review or have read back. Also with the advancement of the equipment used in court reporting these days, a lot of transcriptions are actual words instead of the old short-hand machines they used to use. During deliberations while the court reporter is officially off the record, she/he will most likely sit there and work on her transcriptions of the trial as well so the final copy can be made available sooner rather than later. I actually thought about Court Reporting as a career awhile back, but decided against it... Moo

I have pleaded my case often for the round toed shoes JY wore at CB and never recovered, then there is the evidence that days after the murder before the NTO JY bought round toed casual dress shoes that look just like the ones he on at the CB.The HP expert said those shoes were consistent with the appearance of HP Orbitals. That coupled with the dark colored pullover captured on the pic of JY at midnight and never was recovered. I also think the jeans JY wore were not the jeans seen in the CB and HI pics. Those jeans did not appear to have the back cargo pockets and looked to be more of a dress jean that would go along with the more dressy cream colored pullover JY had on in the HI and CB pics. All of this leaves no room for reasonable doubt for me. The jurors did ask to see those jeans.

Yes, I've seen it numerous times, probably before this current age of 'instant' everything. I've seen witness readbacks for juries during deliberations. They usually took a bit of time to set up. And all parties are required back in the courtroom for the readback. In the early days of Court TV.

I think the fact they asked for a 'list' of the contents of the suitcase, vs seeing the actual, was they didn't want to LOOK at the items. They wanted to look at what TYPES of items and how prepared he was to stay at his mom's for part of the weekend.

I doubt they're thinking something sinister is going on because they didn't enter into evidence an actual list. They have the contents. The jury may not have wanted to look at it, just WHAT it was and HOW MUCH.

JMHO
fran

The items from the suitcase were shown in court and entered into evidence. A list of items in the suitcase was not entered into evidence. Maybe LE has one, I don't know. But that doesn't matter because if a list exists but it wasn't entered into evidence during the trial it's not something the jury will get.

They can look at the items from the suitcase again and make their own list if they want. It would not be a long list, that's for sure.

Exactly. I doubt their interest lies in how many condoms are in the suitcase.

I can be to the courthouse in 15 minutes - I should have gone down there when they started introducing all of this...

What are you waiting on??? ;) j/k (not really).....

No one has the b-day photo?

I don't have it but I can tell you there was a huge blown up picture brought in as evidence. I thought Spivey pointed out very clearly it was no way near the same shirt. Of course this trial DT did not even try to suggest this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState