GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are close to a verdict and want to work through lunch...?

Even if luggage evidence is available, lack of a Luggage Inventory sheet bugs me.

I wonder if that 2nd note suggested that the jury was having a hard time coming up with a unanimous verdict???
If its hung again, I hope the prosecutors don't retry for awhile. Maybe JY will do something or reveal something incriminating in the meantime. That's been known to happen. The case wasn't strong enough at first but over time, relationships changed and the truth was revealed by some scorned person.

They had testimony and the actual items from the luggage laid out for the jury to see the contents of that luggage. I was in court the day the PT had an evidence view for the jury. Many of the jurors spent a lot of time viewing the luggage contents that were on display.

To request a list, maybe the jurors wanted to make a comparison to see if all was presented to them. MOO

So the note was they didn't want to break for lunch yet... awesome! Hopefully they're getting closer. Many, many, many kudos to them for giving their juror duties the seriousness they deserve. Many prayers are with them as they go through this process.

Glad to see you Cammy.. My thoughts exactely... BIG red flag went up for me, I still can not believe a written list was not taken of everything in his luggage. How important is that, much to me...I also think maybe the jury was looking for a TOD on the autopsy report, but that is only my opinion. :banghead:

There is not an inventory ENTERED INTO EVIDENCE. That is not to say it does not exist. The testimony about the items is on record.

All weekend I had a feeling that they had already made up their mind on Friday (that 4:50 thing seemed weird to me). I felt they would come back, spend some time in the morning, and then come back after lunch with a verdict. And I felt this would not be favorable for the State.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm really trying to have faith in the system. I was cautiously heartened by their request for evidence.

I think the 4:50 dismissal time may have only been because of either traffic and or some bad weather that was coming in.

No inventory list of every other piece of luggage and items in the car, either. So, yes the sweater could have been there. I think the more intelligent jurors will have a difficult time concluding something is missing if they didn't inventory and waited over a year--and after he moved--to look for it.

JMO

Beth said the jury spent 3 hours during the trial examing the contents of the car. Though no actual written inventory was entered into evidence at the trial, there was testimony about it, and the jurors came down from the jury box to examine all of it.

They had testimony and the actual items from the luggage laid out for the jury to see the contents of that luggage. I was in court the day the PT had an evidence view for the jury. Many of the jurors spent a lot of time viewing the luggage contents that were on display.

I really should be doing work for the fundraisers, but this is way more exciting... I think what she means is & correct me if I'm wrong Cammy.... There should have been an IL of what was found in the luggage when LE started looking at it.... Thats a normal thing for LE to do.... I'm sorry but no IL raises a red flag to me.....

That light color shirt at the hotel looks like a Henley shirt to me...we have several and they have like three buttons down the front.

Beth said the jury spent 3 hours during the trial examing the contents of the car. Though no actual written inventory was entered into evidence at the trial, there was testimony about it, and the jurors came down from the jury box to examine all of it.

There should have been an inventory of everything IN the car. There was a variety of owners and some items were returned. Without an inventory, testimony was at best from memory from almost 6 years ago. I sure wouldn't find such sloppiness conclusive something is still missing or was ever missing.

JMO

So the note was they didn't want to break for lunch yet... awesome! Hopefully they're getting closer. Many, many, many kudos to them for giving their juror duties the seriousness they deserve. Many prayers are with them as they go through this process.

did Beth K. say this on InSession?

If its hung again, I hope the prosecutors don't retry for awhile. Maybe JY will do something or reveal something incriminating in the meantime. That's been known to happen. The case wasn't strong enough at first but over time, relationships changed and the truth was revealed by some scorned person.

Thanks for this. I agree. But that raises a legal Q, doesn't it? The defendant has the right to a speedy trial. BUT I know the DA/State reviewed whether or not to retry JY after the last trial, and they decided yes.

For a legal person, can they decide NOT to retry him (if it's a hung verdict) for now and leave it hanging like that? Because if they leave it hanging, doesn't it violate right to speedy trial? What would his status be if not acquitted AND not re-tried at this time?

True.... Eventually a person will mess up again... Just watch CA will do something & be caught ...

I really should be doing work for the fundraisers, but this is way more exciting... I think what she means is & correct me if I'm wrong Cammy.... There should have been an IL of what was found in the luggage when LE started looking at it.... Thats a normal thing for LE to do.... I'm sorry but no IL raises a red flag to me.....

Morning SG43 !

I am more than shocked.

I don't know what to think.

How could they not make an itemized list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966