GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw the reading of the verdict - he wasn't taken away right away? Seems like after being handed LWOP he would be considered the ultimate flight risk...

DT moved to dismiss, judge gave JY a tongue lashing in his denial of the dismissal request and then JS rendered JY over to the custody of the Sheriff. He's probably processing as we type!

So glad Vinnie is back. Mike Brooks, what a different song you sing today. Both Brooks and Sunny. Jerks. Didn't even watch the trial, yet they had continual opinons based on wrong or non-existent evidence. :(

I think she knew he was guilty too. It's another of those innate senses that mothers have. Even if they have never, ever talked about it, she knew. That's exactly why she was stoic during/after the verdict was read.

Personally I don't think it was a sense. I think she out right knew. I think Jason told her he did and she circled the wagons.

This verdict was not only won, it was proven.......JY had way to many lies to cover, dishonest, and an awful person that should never have been around children or women.

I am getting more and more relieved as the hours pass...this was such a terrible vicious murder and I never had an ounce of doubt that he did it...it would be sickening, IMO, if he had been acquitted...

fromage, he was turned over to the custody of Sheriffs immediately after the sentencing and led out of court.

Yes, he was "accompanied" by several officers, and then several others followed. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply he was not in custody, just not whether he has been taken to prison yet (vs jail).

Gracie will be on HLN with Vinnie next hour.

Gracie (the gas station attendant per Vinnie) will be joining him within the next hour.

Oh, our Gracie is going to be on HLN next hour! They believed our Gracie!! :)

You know I lost my mom at 29 and I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of never really knowing her. I pray little C is surrounded with a lifetime of love and laughter with her own guardian angel watching over her.

If any good comes of Michelle's murder I hope it shines a very bright light on emotional, verbal and psychological abuse. The presumption is too often made by too many that if you are not hit you are not abused and/or in danger.

I hope Michelle is with Laci, Summer, Susan, Venus, Lori, Nancy, Janet and all the other mothers whose lives were so cruelly ripped away by those who vowed to love them - all watching over their little ones.

Personally I don't think it was a sense. I think she out right knew. I think Jason told her he did and she circled the wagons.

You may be right. Something is just 'off' with that entire family.
I love my children more than life itself, but I would never condone, uphold, or aid and abet any one of them in something like this.

I completely agree JSR and like her son I think she "blamed Michelle" for the whole thing. Her hatred of Michelle was evident with her comments on the stand "Michelle didn't like it of course". "they had to go to Starbucks bc Michelle didn't like Gerald's coffee..."

Now mike brooks is all of a sudden spouting off about jly 'not talking to LE'. How 'if my wife had been murdered I'd talk to authorities, I'd want to know what happened to her', 'yadda yadda yadda'. <mod snip>. Yesterday or last week it was all about 'reasonable doubt' with mike brooks.

Regarding Jason's lack of emotion, seems that's his normal court demeanor, and they already said the "appeal" word in court, the specifics of which I could not hear. They are just moving on to the next phase. Jason will never accept this.

Do the taxpayers have to pay for his appeal as well like we did for the Public Defender or does he have to fund his own appeal?

Regarding Jason's lack of emotion, seems that's his normal court demeanor, and they already said the "appeal" word in court, the specifics of which I could not hear. They are just moving on to the next phase. Jason will never accept this.

Do the taxpayers have to pay for his appeal as well like we did for the Public Defender or does he have to fund his own appeal?

It would be out of the ordinary for the loser (defendant in this case) not to state their appeal immediately upon the verdict.

He will be assigned an appellate defender (Office of Appellate Defenders are in Durham), and the State will be represented by the Attorney General's office.

Calling gritguy!! He can answer this for us. Gritguy do you see any type of "reverseable" error which might cause an appeal??

The taxpayers will pay for his appeal.

imo

I hope the jurors take a nice break this evening and then tell us the scoop tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717