GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too, missed the verdict. About an hour late and just caught up on all verdict commentary!

This was a just verdict. I feel so grateful that the jury was able to put the pieces together and understand that there are often inconsistencies in a case that cannot be resolved but that nevertheless, do not create a doubt that is reasonable.

I have a feeling some juries are tending to be more cautious and more inclined to really work since the casey anthony verdict. Having a killer walk free is never safe for society.

I feel a huge sense of relief, especially after reading the impassioned doubts of some of our posters who were steadfast in their opinions and concerns. I did not agree but some of the arguments were good ones and made me squirm!!

Thank you everyone for educating me about this case. Love you guys!!!!!!!

May Michelle's family feel some, small sense of peace from this. They can at least rest with the knowledge that the person who brutalized their sister/daughter/mother will never be free to harm another again. He is where he needs to be and will remain there until he meets his maker to account for what he did.

A final note, jason young did not react much because the guilty rarely do. They know what they did and deep down, they expect punishment and realize it is just.

:clap:

This does not bring back the beautiful mother of CY sister of MF, daughter of LF but I believe it helps them have closure. I am so proud of this jury and PT.
I also want to thank all the ws community. I feel like I made some friends here even though I never met you. WE have all gone through this emotional trial together.

Jail is a cake walk, from what I understand. JY is going to prison! Don't know if it will be today, but his party is over.

I only saw the reading of the verdict - he wasn't taken away right away? Seems like after being handed LWOP he would be considered the ultimate flight risk...

I too, missed the verdict. About an hour late and just caught up on all verdict commentary!

This was a just verdict. I feel so grateful that the jury was able to put the pieces together and understand that there are often inconsistencies in a case that cannot be resolved but that nevertheless, do not create a doubt that is reasonable.

I have a feeling some juries are tending to be more cautious and more inclined to really work since the casey anthony verdict. Having a killer walk free is never safe for society.

I feel a huge sense of relief, especially after reading the impassioned doubts of some of our posters who were steadfast in their opinions and concerns. I did not agree but some of the arguments were good ones and made me squirm!!

Thank you everyone for educating me about this case. Love you guys!!!!!!!

May Michelle's family feel some, small sense of peace from this. They can at least rest with the knowledge that the person who brutalized their sister/daughter/mother will never be free to harm another again. He is where he needs to be and will remain there until he meets his maker to account for what he did.

A final note, jason young did not react much because the guilty rarely do. They know what they did and deep down, they expect punishment and realize it is just.

BBM.

I also think that's why there was no reaction from Jason's Mother. I think she knew that Jason killed Michelle but much like Jason thought that the murder was justified and even necessary.

fromage, he was turned over to the custody of Sheriffs immediately after the sentencing and led out of court.

HC very emotional saying he is going to spend time with his daughters now.

Oh my gosh, HC just kinda broke down when Vinnie asked him what he was going to do tonight as in celebrating.....HC's voice broke, his face became distorted, and he said he was going to spend time with his 2 little girls. Oh Howard, big hugs to you!

BBM.

I also think that's why there was no reaction from Jason's Mother. I think she knew that Jason killed Michelle but much like Jason thought that the murder was justified and even necessary.

I think she knew he was guilty too. It's another of those innate senses that mothers have. Even if they have never, ever talked about it, she knew. That's exactly why she was stoic during/after the verdict was read.

Channel 11 appears to be having non stop coverage of this verdict. Repeating the judges findings once again. I always knew Judge Stephens KNEW he was guilty. He was aware of ALL the evidence.

Video now on 11 of jason being led into an elevator after being hauled off by the sheriff.

I hope this very just verdict serves as a cautionary reminder to spouses all over the country that MURDER is not the answer to a marriage that is no longer working (and in the Young's marriage I don't think it ever worked correctly). As Sharon Rocha stated in Laci's murder trial Murder is not the answer. I wish men like BC, Scott Peterson, and Jason could have realized that divorce would have not ruined them and is a far better choice than sitting behind bars for the rest of their life.

I have some small measure of belief in our juries again. The justice system doesn't always work as was evident in the Casey Anthony case but this time justice won out. I hope this gives some measure of peace to Michelle and Rylan.

HC very emotional saying he is going to spend time with his daughters now.

Has 2 little girls....probably thinking of baby girl Cassidy watching her mommy get beat to death by daddy. Absolutely horrid! What a burden he's been carrying to get justice for Michelle and Cassidy. He was laughed at, ridiculed and made fun of by a few....but, in the end...he's going home to his babies and Jason Young is on his way to prison! Good job, HC! :twocents:

Vinnie's show did a flashback to last year's hung jury and Judge S. He head was bent over reading the hung verdict. I couldn't help but notice how much hair he has lost on the top of his head just since last June. Being a judge must be one of the most emotionally draining jobs in the world. When he was denying the defense motion today he made mention that he was thinking about this case one night last week. So he takes his job home with him. I suppose we never really know how deeply the judges in these high profile cases internalize them.

Beth Karras just said they did have victim impact statements prepared, but the family chose not to give them. They were just too emotional to present them. :(

Beth Karras just said they did have victim impact statements prepared, but the family chose not to give them. They were just too emotional to present them. :(

I wondered what happened with those....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member