GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS was so compelling with his comments. IF he had given the closing, the jury would have not taken any time to convict. I am happy that resolution has been given to the Fishers. There is no joy for them, but they can finally put some closure to this portion of MY's death. Nothing will bring MY back though.

I wonder what was the deciding factor or factors were for the jury.

RIP Michelle & Rylan...

Prayers for all involved... That includes his family because they did NOT ask to be brought into this....

Thank God for those 4 jurors that held out from the first trial. That must have been very difficult to do. They probably feel closure too. IMHO

I can't stop crying.

I am so grateful for the investigators who worked exhaustively to track down leads and preserve evidence. Spivey et all.

I am so grateful to Attorneys Holt and Cummings who presented a case that the jurors could follow.

I am so grateful to 4 on the original jury who would not be swayed to NG.

I am so grateful to this jury for working hard and being dedicated to coming to a verdict. And for serving period.

I am so grateful for Judge Stephen's for running the trial so fairly and in the end speaking out so eloquently for Michelle and Rylan. I sobbed during his response to setting aside the verdict.

I am so sorry for Meredith, Linda and Cassidy that this decision still can't bring Michelle and Rylan back to them. I hope the fact that earthly justice was served is some relief/comfort to them. Meredith's sobs broke my heart.

I am also thinking of all of Michelle's friends and other family and wish comfort for them as well.

I no longer need to think about the Slayer and worry that he will get away with such a brutal killing. He will pay the price for that and for all the extra pain he put Meredith, Cassidy and Linda through afterwards by his actions and inactions.

I am grateful to you all for the discussions and being here.

I'm glad that the jury did their duty. It was hard to wait for the verdict but it seems they worked hard to reach it. Even if they had found NG, I would feel the same. The part that chilled me is about the stripping of the rings. It all just hit home. He really did this with malice and hatred. Michelle and Rylan never had a chance. Look at all the devastation his selfish act caused. Two dead; families torn apart-for what? At least he will be imprisoned and unable to hurt anyone in this way again.

JTF had GoRealtors on the phone and me on IM. LOL. Dude had all bases covered.

Thank you Howard Cummings, Becky Holt, Sgt Spivey and all the men and women who worked on this case for almost 6 years!

I am sad that he couldn't be in the courtroom today. He really deserved to be able to see this live.

I missed it if the camera showed JY's face. Did anyone see it?

Somewhat, but he was stone faced. I think his brow was a little more crinkled and his vein on the side of his head was bulging more than it has the whole trial. jmo

I wish wral would turn off their video and post a replay of the verdict! Driving me crazy I missed it.

I'm sorry you missed the verdict! WRAL has closed their live feed and the message states it will be available for replay shortly. Also, HLN is covering it, and I'm sure they'll replay the actual verdict many times over the next few hours. Vinne's show starts at 5PM.

Watching channel 11 right now. Michelle's boss. And a half hour program at 7:00 pm. on channel 5.

Right. Everytime he would discuss this case I would mute my tv. Lol ..so funny how he sees it now. The talking heads drive me insane.

Moo moo moo

Isn't he supposed to be a "past detective" in WDC? No wonder the crime rate is so high there! I live 25 miles from there and am still scared due to the likes of him!!

In case anyone didn't get the message, this case was

DOMESTIC HOMICIDAL VIOLENCE ! So said the judge.

The judge also said it is clear that Jason Young has "significant mental illness, significant anger issues, and a significant problem with women."

I now have faith again in our system of justice!!!!
I am so happy for the Fishers.
Thank God this jury weighed the overwhelming evidence and used their common sense.
Jason Lynn Young will never again walk among us and will rot in maximum security prison.

gracielee, what is her boss saying? tia

She was just talking about how happy, bouncy, always smiling, Michelle was at work. And how she obviously hid all the stress she was under at home. How all during this time, she kept up that happy spirit at work. She said she'd never met jason young, and she found out about michelle's murder was when she got home from work that afternoon. Someone from work called her and told her. She said after attending the first trial some and listening to it as we do here, online, she suspected it was JLY who had killed her. She talked about hugging Linda and Meredith today, she was in court today for the verdict, with Linda and Meredith.

Cassidy is now safe, Michelle's memory will forever live in her heart.

RIP . Michelle Marie Fisher and baby Rylan. . .Justice has finally been served!

I now have faith again in our system of justice!!!!
I am so happy for the Fishers.
Thank God this jury weighed the overwhelming evidence and used their common sense.
Jason Lynn Young will never again walk among us and will rot in maximum security prison.

THANK YOU JTF, for your continual support for Michelle and Rylan! You did a great job, never ever gave up. Wish I could hug you tonight. :)

In case anyone didn't get the message, this case was

DOMESTIC HOMICIDAL VIOLENCE ! So said the judge.

The judge also said it is clear that Jason Young has "significant mental illness, significant anger issues, and a significant problem with women."

Did you hear the judge's voice shaking? He was emotional reading that statement. Subtle but noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay