GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was just talking about how happy, bouncy, always smiling, Michelle was at work. And how she obviously hid all the stress she was under at home. How all during this time, she kept up that happy spirit at work. She said she'd never met jason young, and she found out about michelle's murder was when she got home from work that afternoon. Someone from work called her and told her. She said after attending the first trial some and listening to it as we do here, online, she suspected it was JLY who had killed her. She talked about hugging Linda and Meredith today, she was in court today for the verdict, with Linda and Meredith.

My brother did not know MY well but that's the way he described her as well. He said she was very friendly and out going, always smiling when he saw her. He said the rumor at PE immediately after the murder was that JY was having affairs and that he killed her.

And now Jason Young is considered legally as being 'deceased' the day before his wife. That means he has NO rights to his child ever again. She never has to hear from him, hear of him, or have any contact with him unless she so chooses when she's an adult.

Thank you to the Jurors for using their common sense and connecting the pieces!
Finally Michelle and Baby Rylan can rest in peace!!!

I too, missed the verdict. About an hour late and just caught up on all verdict commentary!

This was a just verdict. I feel so grateful that the jury was able to put the pieces together and understand that there are often inconsistencies in a case that cannot be resolved but that nevertheless, do not create a doubt that is reasonable.

I have a feeling some juries are tending to be more cautious and more inclined to really work since the casey anthony verdict. Having a killer walk free is never safe for society.

I feel a huge sense of relief, especially after reading the impassioned doubts of some of our posters who were steadfast in their opinions and concerns. I did not agree but some of the arguments were good ones and made me squirm!!

Thank you everyone for educating me about this case. Love you guys!!!!!!!

May Michelle's family feel some, small sense of peace from this. They can at least rest with the knowledge that the person who brutalized their sister/daughter/mother will never be free to harm another again. He is where he needs to be and will remain there until he meets his maker to account for what he did.

A final note, jason young did not react much because the guilty rarely do. They know what they did and deep down, they expect punishment and realize it is just.

Did you hear the judge's voice shaking? He was emotional reading that statement. Subtle but noticeable.

I sure did! Gessner choked up a bit when he sentenced BC to LWOP as well. These cases are so, so sad.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to have water/coffee/anything in the jury room?

I just had jury duty a month ago and it was on a murder case.... There is a bathroom inside the deliberating room and you have ice water and coffee in the rrom also.... you just cant leave the room for anything else. they even brought us our lunch and cold drinks inside the room....

RIP Michelle & Rylan!!! God Bless these jurors, Judge Stephens, Howard Cummings, Becky Holt, Det Spivey & all of LE that worked this case. May Linda, Meredith and Cassidy find peace!!!

My brother did not know MY well but that's the way he described her as well. He said she was very friendly and out going, always smiling when he saw her. He said the rumor at PE immediately after the murder was that JY was having affairs and that he killed her.

I remember the first news reports on this one. We still lived inside the city of Raleigh then. Now we are out in Johnston Co. But I remember it like it was yesterday, each day scanning the N&O and all the local channels for news. Posting on usenet. And the more evidence that came out, the more it looked like an inside job. When he hired Roger Smith before the funeral, man, who does that? NEVER talking to police, NEVER inquiring how his wife died, NEVER inquiring as to the investigation.. WHO KILLED MY WIFE.

Hubby just brought me a big glass of chardonnay. :)

Channel 11 now bringing up Gracie's testimony. Obviously the jury believed our Gracie.

Vinnie Politan ‏ @VinniePolitan
Jason Young's prosecutors join me live at 5! HLN Special Report... Jason Young GUILTY LWOP

That is one impressive judge right there.

My husband served on a jury under Judge Stephens once and he totally was impressed by him. Hubby hates jury service, but totally liked Judge Donald Stephens. He has a twin brother, Ronald, also a judge, but retired.

May I have a link to Chan 11 as I can't seem to find it?

Oh yeah, that vein is really standing out.

I remember the first news reports on this one. We still lived inside the city of Raleigh then. Now we are out in Johnston Co. But I remember it like it was yesterday, each day scanning the N&O and all the local channels for news. Posting on usenet. And the more evidence that came out, the more it looked like an inside job. When he hired Roger Smith before the funeral, man, who does that? NEVER talking to police, NEVER inquiring how his wife died, NEVER inquiring as to the investigation.. WHO KILLED MY WIFE.

Hubby just brought me a big glass of chardonnay. :)

Channel 11 now bringing up Gracie's testimony. Obviously the jury believed our Gracie.

Yep, definitely time for wine. I'm going to pour a nice red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717