GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Items jurors requested in the first trial.

Before going to lunch Friday, the jury sent out 9 requests.

•Surveillance video from a Cracker Barrel restaurant showing Jason's shoes the day before Michelle was killed.
•Surveillance video from the Hampton Inn where Young said he was sleeping the night Michelle died
•Photos of the clothes Jason was wearing at Cassidy's third birthday party
•Crime scene photos of Cassidy's bathroom
•A photo of an emergency exit at the Hampton Inn
•A transcript of the 911 call Michelle's sister made when she found the body
•An e-mail Jason sent to his former fiancé

CB is the only one both juries requested at the onset

thanks hindsight - I was just checking back in the old thread for that info myself. :) they had only requested a white board and markers before that request...

for anyone who wants to see that old thread where jury requests started coming in, it's here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141579&page=5

That's right, I remember the guy riding around with body parts in his back-pack! IIRC, he was never charged with a murder, was he? And yes, I didn't want to say 'step-child', but that was the way I remembered it too. Some guy with perhaps a two year old little girl?
How horrible and this guy gets away with this, due to a DA? How sad, sounds like the evidence was there, why would she not follow the guide lines to the T?
Glad for society and NC, she is gone...

Judge sent Mr. Bailiff to go knock on the jury door to see if they're ready to go grab some lunch...

I kinda hope so, I need to clean the kitchen from the breakfast mess so I don't get in big trouble from the hubs for "not doing anything but watching that trial again".

Hehehe!! Just say you were watching ur form of football.. Works for me .. Hubby just walks away...

Jury is now requesting:

Lunch break @ 12:30pm

• inventory of items in JY luggage (judge said this does not exist)
  • pic of JY in cracker barrel
  • jeans
  • autopsy rpt
  • usa today
  • initial MBR photos
  • CY PJs shirt & pants
  • pics of meds (CY room)
  • pic of HP imprints w/plastic flap
  • big map of va/nc
  • hotel 1st floor diagram
  • photo of back of explorer showing all luggage

Bumping today's list of requested evidence & last trials request...

Jury requests:

still-frame photo or frozen video of JLY at Cracker Barrel as he leaves counter, clearly showing shoes.

still-frame photo of JLY in HI

photo of clothes defendant was wearing during CY 3rd birthday party

crime scene photos of CY bathroom

photos of Hampton Inn emergency exit from a distance

911 transcript

LabCorp reports

Ebay and MapQuest documents

Email to GC

Last time CY's pj's were not included for the jury to look at.

I found that strange and I see this as positive for Jason.

SOP, it should have been entered into evidence with the luggage. How did the DT miss this?

Inventory. An officer must prepare and verify an inventory of any property seized. The officer must do so in the presence of another officer and the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken. If either one is not present, the officer must prepare and verify the inventory in the presence of at least one other credible person. In a case involving the seizure of electronic storage media or the seizure or copying of electronically stored information, the inventory may be limited to describing the physical storage media that were seized or copied. The officer may retain a copy of the electronically stored information that was seized or copied.

(C) Receipt. The officer must give a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property taken to the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken or leave a copy of the receipt at the place where the officer took the property.

How horrible and this guy gets away with this, due to a DA? How sad, sounds like the evidence was there, why would she not follow the guide lines to the T?

Exactly. That is the problem with prosecutors like Tracey Cline. When you break the rules of professional conduct, and criminal procedure, innocent people are convicted, and guilty people walk free with a bag of bones on their back (alright, that may be a bit of hyperbole, but the point stands).

I agree, just that I am reading erroneous information posted on this board stating that that both lists were similar, when in fact they were not, only one item request was the same on the list, namely, Cracker Barrel photo.

Not that one can interpret anything from it, but just setting the record straight.

I agree and posted a link to the first trial list request too - before I came across yours. It is frustrating to read the stuff since many take it as gospel.

Hehehe!! Just say you were watching ur form of football.. Works for me .. Hubby just walks away...

That wouldn't work for me... I'm a die-hard Saints fan & a Rams fan (even though they stink!) Luckily we both love football and he knows from August - Superbowl nothing gets done in this house on a Sunday (or Monday Nights, and the occasional Thursday night). He has never understood my interest in true crime, just like I'll never understand how he can watch golf on TV.

One thing I've always wondered about that never gets mentioned... Didn't MF say she washed the pajamas once they got back to MF's house (before being confiscated by LE)? Or did I miss hear?

Yes, she did, but blood still showed up.

I agree, just that I am reading erroneous information posted on this board stating that that both lists were similar, when in fact they were not, only one item request was the same on the list, namely, Cracker Barrel photo.

Not that one can interpret anything from it, but just setting the record straight.

I agree as well which is why I went searching for the info too..it's a little frustrating because people are in and out while they are at work, etc and people can take that as a fact when it's not true. Also, people repeating over and over the outrage at their not being an inventory of luggage taken, when others have stressed in multiple posts that just because something wasn't entered in as evidence, does not mean there wasn't one made. :(

It would be nice if people clarified that they weren't sure but they think ....blah blah blah..just MHO..

So if I read this correctly, it was State Law that required remains to be released to the family after autopsy. Not Tracy Clines decision. And a murder indictment had already been obtained?

I am not sure. I was showing you so A) you could see how crazy stuff gets 'round here and B) the accusations that were flying were a little bit :what: and
that I am not so sure they should have let that guy go. (He may still be on a psych hold, even now)

She did follow the law. State Law requires the remains be returned to the family *after* the autopsy.

wait... are you saying that MF washed the pajamas? I don't recall that. I thought the officer went with them to target and took the pajamas into evidence after she bought the new set of clothing:waitasec:

I did and to me they are the same... Maybe if he were standing up in the b-day pic it would show that....

As I said its IMO and a few of my friends.. You guys say its not... Thats cool... Im not going to sit here & fight about it... You say its different & I say its not.. Lets move on instead of arguing... Thanks for the photo links...

The defense never tried to say they were either the same or different shirts.
They showed some photos and that was that.

wait... are you saying that MF washed the pajamas? I don't recall that. I thought the officer went with them to target and took the pajamas into evidence after she bought the new set of clothing:waitasec:

Yes , Nurse, she testifed she took home either the bottoms or the tops and washed them, she later gave them to LE.

Luminol would still find blood even after the washing.

If she had blood on her bottoms, it would have transferred onto the bed and also been noticeable. The fact that it did not means her clothes were washed before, not after, LE was called. Very astute for a juror to notice.

JMO

That wouldn't work for me... I'm a die-hard Saints fan & a Rams fan (even though they stink!) Luckily we both love football and he knows from August - Superbowl nothing gets done in this house on a Sunday (or Monday Nights, and the occasional Thursday night). He has never understood my interest in true crime, just like I'll never understand how he can watch golf on TV.

Same here except we are huge Steeler fans... When the Steelers are on nothing is done.. I dont even answer the phone..LOL!!!

She did follow the law. State Law requires the remains be returned to the family *after* the autopsy.

Here is the Judge's ruling:
Hudson ruled that Cline delayed presenting Dorman's case to the grand jury long enough so that the remains could be cremated before a judge could order that evidence in the case be preserved. Cline then misled Dorman's attorney for months, the judge ruled, making him believe that the State Medical Examiner's Office still had a portion of the remains and that the rest had been buried...

"The state and its agents intentionally facilitated, assisted and enabled the permanent destruction of material and favorable evidence in Mr. Dorman's cases," the judge wrote in his ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member