GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...IMO...strong.....I really like what someone posted earlier...It said as Ontario citzen's he felt we SHOULD do something about this.....he talked about store fronts making there windows PURPLE...and people calling their local parliament....etc...

wELL MAY i REMiND YOU kindly ...!..RODNEY's wishes ...."In 5 years from Now I hope people remeber TORI as the little girl that changed Canada's Laws"

2.he even mentioned after the verdict.. ".I have a lot of things to do..."

3. The Mayor of woodstick in the video I posted earlier today said..." a 8 year old child should be able to walk home from school in daylight ..it was a 5 minute walk....this could have happened in ANY community ....But it did not in happened in my community wOODSTOCK ...

...i AM POSTING THIS AS A QUESTION .....WE AS A NATION WHAT ARE WE TO DO about this....????.....robynhood...I know what I am doing ...I dressed my house in PURPLE ..plus I shall help make the changes needed....I think you all may understand..not appropraite to post...robynhood....

In total agreement, HK. Det. Smyth called it exactly right. He said that psychopaths never confess. (at ~ 20:45 in the linked video below: "do you know what a psychopath is Mike?")

Snipped for space.

I didn't listen to all of the confession videos, I just couldn't stand to listen to him talk. Suffice to say tho that MR probably is not only a psycopath, but probably has alot of other disorders. I wonder what made him do google searches on 'incest'. Out of all the searches he did, most of them were related to torture, or rape of children, people subjected to pain and humiliation, etc, but the incest searches were not in the same category. Almost makes me wish I had taken more than 1 semester of psycology at Univ. :)

Careless mistakes were Rafferty’s undoing

Info about MR's relationship with his mother:
Neighbours didn’t have a favourable impression of him: Some remembered him sitting in the driveway in his car, blasting heavy metal, or speeding down the street. Others said he had a temper, fighting often with his mother. Mr. Riddell was also frustrated by his stepson, who, he told The Globe in 2009, was a freeloader who spent his money on clothes and electronics rather than helping pay the bills.
But e-mails between the young man and his mother contain hints of a close relationship. In one exchange, in late 2007, the two frankly discussed a family member they suspected of cheating on her boyfriend and Mr. Rafferty was open about his own dalliances. “All of this doesn’t change even if u get older,” he wrote of infidelity. “The rules never change and I have had my fair share of … well … I’m somewhat of an expert … I have had many relations … anyways nuff said.”
The pair also shared drug connections, picking up pills for one another; one message suggested Ms. Murphy was taking painkillers for her back.
He wrote fondly of two uncles, whom he described as father figures.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-were-raffertys-undoing/article2430649/page2/

...IMO...strong.....I really like what someone posted earlier...It said as Ontario citzen's he felt we SHOULD do something about this.....he talked about store fronts making there windows PURPLE...and people calling their local parliament....etc...

wELL MAY i REMiND YOU kindly ...!..RODNEY's wishes ...."In 5 years from Now I hope people remeber TORI as the little girl that changed Canada's Laws"

2.he even mentioned after the verdict.. ".I have a lot of things to do..."

3. The Mayor of woodstick in the video I posted earlier today said..." a 8 year old child should be able to walk home from school in daylight ..it was a 5 minute walk....this could have happened in ANY community ....But it did not in happened in my community wOODSTOCK ...

...i AM POSTING THIS AS A QUESTION .....WE AS A NATION WHAT ARE WE TO DO about this....????.....robynhood...I know what I am doing ...I dressed my house in PURPLE ..plus I shall help make the changes needed....I think you all may understand..not appropraite to post...robynhood....

Before anyone can do anything, there need to be clearly defined, realistic objectives. It's not realistic to pursue a change in law that includes the death penalty. That's not going to happen - per recent comments from the Prime Minister in response to the petition.

What do you think will make a difference when young children are enticed/lured by something they want?

Snipped for space.

I didn't listen to all of the confession videos, I just couldn't stand to listen to him talk. Suffice to say tho that MR probably is not only a psycopath, but probably has alot of other disorders. I wonder what made him do google searches on 'incest'. Out of all the searches he did, most of them were related to torture, or rape of children, people subjected to pain and humiliation, etc, but the incest searches were not in the same category. Almost makes me wish I had taken more than 1 semester of psycology at Univ. :)

The incest search may have something to do with nieces, or other young children he had contact with through family (children of cousins).

The incest search may have something to do with nieces, or other young children he had contact with through family (children of cousins).

Oh Otto, you are probably spot on on that thought, how awful, I hope he never tried anything with any family members, but he probably thought about it.

Allanae!!!! How are you? Did you have a little boy or a little girl?

Hope all is well!

BBM:

Also: sexually assaulting women and possibly their children, downloading and watching child *advertiser censored* and 'snuff films', convincing psychologically disturbed, mentally ill teenagers to kidnap a child, then proceeding to frame her for the entire crime so she would go to jail for the rest of her life (where she belongs) while he roams free to do it again (instead of going to jail for the rest of his life, where he belongs)... just a regular Michael Rafferty day. A day of terror.

I'm so glad those days are over... :woohoo: :jail:

Yeah, he'll now be zipping around his 6x8 cell now.

yes and in the j unit it is plexiglass and camera monitored 27-7...zero privacy. :moo:

MR didn't have any close friends, or any at all. MR wasn't close with his family. He had his ongoing list of women he used and kept at arms length. Nobody knew the real Michael Rafferty until May 2009 and now all his dirty secrets are out there for all to know.

Mr. secret can't even wipe his arse now without somebody watching :)

I would support many things regarding changes in laws to make things safer for children...except bringing back the death penalty. I can never support that. That's not to say he doesn't deserve it--he does. But I can't support that.

JMO

Will there be an appeal in Mr. Rafferty’s case?

I expect there will be, yes. He’s been found guilty of everything, so there’s literally no downside in trying. One of the grounds that I expect would be appealed would be the decision for the change of venue [The trial was moved from Tori’s hometown of Woodstock to London, which is only 45 kilometres away.] I’m not likely to be the primary appeal lawyer and it’s not going to be my call.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ler-raffertys-lawyer-opens-up/article2431559/

Careless mistakes were Rafferty’s undoing

Info about MR's relationship with his mother:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-were-raffertys-undoing/article2430649/page2/

From the article:
The pair also shared drug connections, picking up pills for one another; one message suggested Ms. Murphy was taking painkillers for her back.

That article is kinda vague regarding if MTR's mom was getting her drugs legally or illegally. If she was getting her drugs illegally, I wonder if that had anything to do with why she continued to let him live with her even though he wasn't paying rent?

"After defending a child killer, Rafferty’s lawyer opens up"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ler-raffertys-lawyer-opens-up/article2431559/

I expect there will be, yes. He’s been found guilty of everything, so there’s literally no downside in trying. One of the grounds that I expect would be appealed would be the decision for the change of venue [The trial was moved from Tori’s hometown of Woodstock to London, which is only 45 kilometres away.] I’m not likely to be the primary appeal lawyer and it’s not going to be my call.

Oh great. I bet he will appeal too, I bet he won't say a word at his sentencing either. What a piece of crap he is. I just cringe to think about who else he would have hurt, it looks like he was just getting started!!

I notice smiley's are back. :woohoo::woohoo: guilty guilty guilty:woohoo::rocker: off to:jail::party::fireworks::Banana2::Banana2::

:laugh: Appeal re change of venue ?? !! Ahem ... can we remind Mikey of the fact that both the Crown and defence agreed to it because it was believed he could not get a fair trial in Woodstock.

Does anyone know if there are any videos of MTR when the verdict was read? I was on my iPad so I couldn't watch live. I've looked all over the Internet and YouTube and I can't find it anywhere.

TIA!

Does anyone know if there are any videos of MTR when the verdict was read? I was on my iPad so I couldn't watch live. I've looked all over the Internet and YouTube and I can't find it anywhere.

TIA!

There aren't any daisy ... no cameras were allowed in the courtroom.

HTH

ETA: slightly old article, but here's a bit of background

from: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/03/12/f-cameras-courts.html

Even though cameras have been present in many inquiries and hearings, the issue often gets thrashed out anew whenever a high-profile case turns up because there is no right to automatic camera access in any such proceeding.

As for criminal trials, the pro-camera arguments usually lose. Most trials in this country remain firmly out of bounds as far as broadcasting is concerned. Various attempts to get cameras into the trials of Ottawa Mayor Larry O'Brien, former B.C. premier Glen Clark and former Saskatchewan cabinet minister Colin Thatcher were all unsuccessful (although the judge in the O'Brien case did allow reporters to live blog proceedings from inside the court).

So pictures and spoken testimony from the proceedings were replaced by court sketches, on-screen text excerpts and reporter summaries.

Advocates of more camera access see that as contrary to the public interest; opponents see such prohibitions as a salvation for the whole trial process.
<bbm>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member