*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the names of the *advertiser censored* it sounds like young and not white were the 'goals' there. How in the world did he entice her to his house? Especially if her family says she was afraid to walk from the car to the house. It seems she would be paranoid all the time.

Didnt one of the articles say they didnt test the scrapbook so there werent fingerprints?

Clay Overholt, a Virginia State Police agent, testified items found in the camper included a pellet gun and Buck knife. Hallahan said Taylor gave a statement to police that he drank Icehouse beers with a man who was with Murphy in his camper that night and asked if bottles were examined; Overholt replied two Icehouse bottles were collected and analyzed.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_9d62ea46-d46a-11e3-8132-001a4bcf6878.html

http://www.c-ville.com/day-3-randy-...xis-murphy-in-police-interviews/#.U2hXAlfYjDc
This article is the most detailed and uses quotes as opposed to summarizing.
These bits were the most glaring to me:
"Defense attorney Michael Hallahan objected to Commonwealth’s Attorney Anthony Martin’s attempt to enter photographs taken from Taylor’s camper that depicted the head of a young woman purported to be a former Miss Teen Virginia pasted onto other women’s bodies. “He’s charged with abduction with intent to defile,” said Martin. “This would satisfy the intent to defile.”

Judge Michael Gamble did not allow the photos to be entered, but by the end of the day said he was reconsidering whether they should be entered...

... the sealed evidence bag containing Taylor’s blue, Miller Lite-logoed t-shirt, upon which Murphy’s blood was found on the back of the shirt, was opened in court, along with a hair extension that one witness described as “enough to make a ponytail.”

“It’s comforting to me to know she fought,” said Trina Murphy later outside the courthouse. “She fought for her life.”

BBM above, his boss' (friend's) daughter is a former Miss Virginia Teen. http://missvirginiausa.com/jacqueline-carroll

I find this interesting...I wonder how Miss Phillips feels about ole RAT now?

why is Hallahan so worried about getting trafficking in?

IMO to plant doubt in the jurors minds that Alexis is dead. I'm afraid he'll be able to bring it up after the state rests. I can't believe how many folks are still posting that Alexis is going to come home, and they have hope until a body is found. :scared: State didn't bring on this trial for no reason, and they know they only have one shot of conviction! :jail:

How is this defense attorney making arguments as opposed to cross examining the prosecution witnesses? So, previous story said the last of 18 prosecution witnesses. There are many more, correct?

Prosecution has 50 witnesses. That article was from another day, but I posted it because I hadn't seen it yet. Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Defense has 24 witnesses.

why is Hallahan so worried about getting trafficking in?

Because he is trying to build up the case in anew direction , so when they put Crd on the stand they try pin it on him. He is trying to say Crd Is into human trafficking. He is not going to accept any alibi that taylor has made.

He is trying to say everything LE is doing is fabricated.

I have always thought that RAT got her into the trailer by using a weapon to control her.

By the way, have we heard whether either RAT or Alexis purchased anything other than gas at the station? Could he have purchased cigarettes or alcohol for her? That would give her a reason to follow him to his house.

We'll probably never know why Alexis made the decision to follow him. Like I told my daughter one day, it takes seconds to make a decision that could be life altering. Could have offered her drugs, she could have told him she was going to Lynchburg, and he said Hey, will you make a delivery for me? I'll give ya half! We'll never know. But unfortunately she did willingly follow him from that gas station. As far as we know, and from what video showed, no one else was in her car. So she could have flew through the light and went home, turned right and went to Lynchburg, but she didn't. She turned left and followed him. :(

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 55s
More than an hour of recording played between investigators and Taylor, Aug. 4, same day he was arrested.

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 9s
Investigator says on top "I think something bad happened here" in reference to Murphy and Taylor's camper

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 39s
Jury just heard recorded interview from Aug. 11 with investigators and Taylor. Taylor admitted he saw Alexis Murphy. #taylortrial

Most young people don't follow true crimes like we do either. And their brains aren't developed nor do they have the life experiences to base their decisions on. I've tried to repeatedly make both of my kids aware that drugs and alcohol aren't cool. If someone wants you to use them, they usually have a motive for it. Whether it's to get a repeat buyer, or dull your senses enough that they can rob you, rape you, abduct you, etc. I can only pray they remember my speeches.

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 29s
Investigator says on tape: "I think something bad happened here" in reference to Murphy and Taylor's camper

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 19s
On the tape Taylor tells investigators about a 3rd person that sold him marijuana. Says all 3 went back to his camper. #taylortrial

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 1m
Taylor on tape says a black male with cornrows was with Murphy in his camper. Taylor says he bought $60 worth of marijuana off the man

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 17s
Taylor then tells investigators that man and Alexis Murphy left his camper in separate cars that night. #taylortrial

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 39s
Investigators press for her whereabouts on the tape: Taylor admits to her being there but insists repeatedly he did not harm Murphy.

justin faulconer ‏@jrfaulconer 37s
Investigators say on tape the man's DNA was not found in the camper. "everything points to you Randy," investigator says on recording

I have always thought that RAT got her into the trailer by using a weapon to control her.

By the way, have we heard whether either RAT or Alexis purchased anything other than gas at the station? Could he have purchased cigarettes or alcohol for her? That would give her a reason to follow him to his house.

They spoke before and he might struck the pot conversation again.. that they had. of Might have said he growing some unique pot in differ colors.. Again he lived right around the corner.

Rat didn't buy anything. she made 3 tweets in that area and some how rat drove up there and she didn't speak to him at all.. But he made sure she saw him by parking his car near hers and got her attention to strike up a convo ,

He might have said said he was growing pot and asked did she want to see it.. You have to understand differ color pot is hard to come by and very popular among the youth today. They will jump the chance to see it in person.

I kind of wish they wouldn't keep harping on this part of the interviews.

I kind of wish they wouldn't keep harping on this part of the interviews.

it destroys his honesty and his alibi, Its very important to keep bringing it up because the evidence behind it soaks into the jury mind. that he did this. And that this guy is lair and the right man.

Also he has something to hide.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" keeps rolling in my mind....the defense is doing anything he can think of to create doubt. I wonder how successful Hallahan will be with the jury. I try to imagine myself as impartial but i just can't. I firmly believe RAT harmed Alexis. The physical evidence alone suggests that....but will he be convicted of murder? I'm waiting for that "bomb" the prosecution needs to drop to prove that she isn't alive. Logically, we all know that she isn't but in court does that matter? It's the prosecutions job to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that RAT killed her. I'm just worried that he won't be found guilty of murder and then cannot be tried again if they find her body later.
Just a ramble...

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 41s
CONTD: Cromer did not say who the young woman was but said police have spoken with her parents who live in Ruckersville.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 24s
Court has recessed for lunch. We will bring you more information once the #taylortrial resumes

Wow!

So the young woman is local... In the community!?!

(the way I am understanding this... The local young woman's head/face was placed on *advertiser censored* people's bodies...)

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member