*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentencing is 7/23 @ 1:30pm

“It doesn’t bring us the closure that we need, but it goes a long way in helping us,” Murphy’s family said.

When asked if they believed Taylor would confess to what he did with Alexis’ body, family members said they prayed he would, but seriously doubted it would happen.
The video at this link has the press conf that was held after the verdict..family comments.

http://wtvr.com/2014/05/08/randy-taylor-guilty-of-alexis-murphys-murder/

This Video report says that as soon as the verdict was read that RAT got up and soon after began darting toward the door where he was detained and taken to a secure location.

http://wtvr.com/2014/05/08/randy-taylor-guilty-of-alexis-murphys-murder/

Snipped by me

I hope his reaction will persuade the judge to give him the max! He should have been made to listen to the mother's comments - no relief for him. It may have been the piece that made him give her location up.

A heart full of thanks to each juror who listened and was able to piece the story together to convict this evil person. Thanks to each LE person who worked so diligently on the evidence! And, prayers to the Murphy family that the person responsible for your loved one's death is behind bars for many years.

“It has been a living hell for us,” said Laura Murphy, Alexis’ mother, during the sentencing portion of the hearing. “If [Taylor] were in my shoes, how would he feel?” She recounted that her daughter missed her “most important year”—her senior year in high school—and will not get her diploma next week on May 17, before breaking down in sobs.

At that point, Taylor’s court-appointed attorney, Michael Hallahan stood up and said to the judge, “Mr. Taylor requests not to be present in court.” Taylor rushed to the exit with deputies behind him.

http://www.c-ville.com/day-6-randy-taylor-guilty-in-murder-of-alexis-murphy/#.U2wVKPldVOE

Before the jury went to decide on a verdict, which ranged from minimum of 20 years to life for each count, Commonwealth’s Attorney Anthony Martin read Taylor’s criminal history: convictions for arson, fraud, and conspiracy to commit fraud in Albemarle in 2004; burglary and grand larceny in Virginia Beach in 1993; felony hit and run reduced to a misdemeanor in 2012 in Greene County, and grand larceny reduced to a misdemeanor in 2013 in Greene.

What Martin did not tell the jury was that Taylor was the suspect in the 2010 disappearance of Samantha Clarke, 19, in Orange. Clarke’s body has never been found. Orange Detective Evans Oakerson, who had investigated the Clarke disappearance, was in the Lovingston courtroom.

Before the jury went back to recommend a sentence, Martin reminded the jurors of the police interviews with Taylor they’d heard during trial. “In the interviews the defendant showed no empathy, no remorse,” he said. “He took a young life and threw it away.” Martin asked for a life sentence for both charges.

http://www.c-ville.com/day-6-randy-taylor-guilty-in-murder-of-alexis-murphy/#.U2wVKPldVOE

I will have to say I am proud of my state,for giving Randy this conviction.He is off the street and can't hurt anyone else.Hoping they find Alexis soon.

Sure I hope they somehow squeeze enough info out of him to find Alexis' remains.

But how many more? How prolific has this guy been? It's safe to assume he's responsible for Samantha Clarke. How many more? Find one body, and you'll probably find them all.

My sense of justice has been rewarded today. My sense of balance is still hanging out there, until they're all found.

I will have to say I am proud of my state,for giving Randy this conviction.He is off the street and can't hurt anyone else.Hoping they find Alexis soon.

Same with me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I love Va.
But I want this young womans remains found.

Burn on nasty RT!

I hope the FBI is in his face TODAY.

Can they do that? He has been convicted already so he isnt in danger of charges related to Alexis's . Today right after court would have been the best time to break him. jmo

Sure I hope they somehow squeeze enough info out of him to find Alexis' remains.

But how many more? How prolific has this guy been? It's safe to assume he's responsible for Samantha Clarke. How many more? Find one body, and you'll probably find them all.

My sense of justice has been rewarded today. My sense of balance is still hanging out there, until they're all found.

You should copyright that. It's good. Today was one of them. Still amazed by VA, the LE, Prosecution, 6 days, limited drawn out evidence, this jury deserves a shout out too & all in 6 days. Amazing. Who else did he harm? Serial killer.

You should copyright that. It's good. Today was one of them. Still amazed by VA, the LE, Prosecution, 6 days, limited drawn out evidence, this jury deserves a shout out too & all in 6 days. Amazing. Who else did he harm? Serial killer.

What was his motive? I am way behind on this case.

What was his motive? I am way behind on this case.

His motive is he is a vile person who like to do vile things.

In court the evidence presented ,of his trip to buy *advertiser censored* the to watch girls at the gas station and then lure one to his home, pointed towards a sex motive.

I however think it is much more than just the simple form of it.

The photo album shows he wants to be more hands on with his fantasy, and will when he gets the chance. It also shows he likes to collect memories of those fantasies. IMO

I can't say 100% motive, but some of the facts of *advertiser censored* movies, 12 of them in his mansion, goes to a *advertiser censored* shop a lot, pulls into the Liberty and backs in to watch the teens at their hangout, he's right behind Alexis going into the store, yelled out to her, probably your tailights aren't working or something...I'd say control & rape. Sleaziest of men. Scary too. If Alexis is found, maybe clues from her will clarify the motive more. jmo

I hope the maximum this judge can give him will keep him forever. Minimum won't do.

His motive is he is a vile person who like to do vile things.

In court the evidence presented ,of his trip to buy *advertiser censored* the to watch girls at the gas station and then lure one to his home, pointed towards a sex motive.

I however think it is much more than just the simple form of it.

The photo album shows he wants to be more hands on with his fantasy, and will when he gets the chance. It also shows he likes to collect memories of those fantasies. IMO

One of the films, A Dolls House, is very creepy sounding.

I had to google it...

Very, very happy to hear about the Guilty Verdict! This is how things work the right way. It is such a relief to know he won't be harming anymore young women.

Thank You Smart Jurors. Thanks to all of you who have kept us updated.

Continued love and prayers for Alexis and her Family and Friends.

This maybe a repeat.

Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin explained the jury chose the charge of first-degree murder in the commission of abduction out of two potential charges. Taylor could not be convicted twice on a first-degree murder charge, he explained, adding those "merged" into a single charge.

The maximum punishment Taylor faces is life in prison on each charge and a combined minimum of 40 years in prison. After deliberating for 20 minutes, the jury returned to recommend Taylor serve two life sentences. He was not present when the recommendations were read in court.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/r...cle_32ab1a97-9f2a-5cfd-9b8e-2dfe71ba1c68.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member