Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC29 (@NBC29) tweeted at 11:46 AM on Thu, May 08, 2014:
Jury is still deliberating. @MarcellaNBC29 will have a live update on the #TaylorTrial at noon.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
Jury is still deliberating. @MarcellaNBC29 will have a live update on the #TaylorTrial at noon.

ABC7News ‏@ABC7News 1m
Jury deliberations are ongoing in the murder trial of Randy Taylor, accused of killing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. http://wj.la/QisXpK

The first no body case in VA was in 1980. The victim was Gina Renee Hall who disappeared on 6/28/1980. Six months later Stephen M. Epperly was convicted. The amazing thing about this case, imo, was what that tracking dog accomplished.

The dog picked up the suspect’s smell about 100 yards from where the Chevy had been found.

He left the road and headed up a grade toward the railroad trestle and started walking along the tracks.

The dog led his handlers on a roundabout tour of Radford, touching each location where searchers had found the items related to the missing girl. Preston would later testify that the dog indicated the scent had “paused” at three locations as if the person had spent some time at each point. The pauses occurred at each place searchers had recovered evidence.

From the railroad tracks the dog followed the trail through a box factory, a railroad switching yard and across the parking lot of the New River Valley Shopping Plaza, and by a self-serve car wash.

Finally, the dog entered a subdivision, walked up to the front door of a house and sat down.

The dog stopped on the front porch of Stephen Epperly’s home.

http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e/epperly-stephen.htm

That is only part of what the dog accomplished.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 3m
JURY CLOCK: 3 Hours

The next day, the dog was again given Epperly’s scent and introduced to six blue towels including the one that had been found near Gina’s car. The dog immediately sat down in front of the blue towel found by searchers in the wood. That towel not only contained blood of the same type as the missing girl and carpet fibers consistent with those found at the beach house, it also apparently contained a scent consistent with Epperly’s clothing.

Stephen Epperly was being interviewed by Radford police at the station the next day when Preston and the dog showed up. While the suspect was inside, the dog was “scented” on the blue towel. The dog poked around the parking lot, which contained several other cars, and stopped at the driver’s side door of Epperly’s car.

The dog then picked up the trail from the car to the police station and came directly to the door of the interrogation room where the suspect was sitting.

After the Radford police told Epperly what the dog had done, he put his head down in his arms and said over and over “That’s a damn good dog.”

http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e/epperly-stephen.htm

Just know whatever the outcome is and if he was to get off then soon he will have to answer to the ultimate judge, the man upstairs. although, it will be tough to find him guilty without a body, I also believe that what will hurt him will be his lies to the police. You can't just change your story up.. First he said that he never seen her or talked to her which is a Lie because of the video of her and then her and CRG left after smoking weed and having a beer, then his lawyer is trying to say that they seen witnesses him and her in Charlottesville. Which one is it? I pray for this family that he is convicted and he will evidentially tell where her body so and that will also lead to any others as well.. Hopefully they will reach a verdict soon, the longer we wait then the more beneficial it is to taylor. But don't you worry if he gets off this time it's only due time until he strikes again and this time he will forget something that will be big in putting him behind bars for good. Just remember if he was the one that did something to Samantha and now Alexis, if he gets out he will do it again.

Prayers for this family & prayers that the jury makes the right decision.

I feel if he is let out ,he wont make some of the same mistakes. This is a learning thing for him and the fact is most of what makes us certain of his guilty from the case is his lies and all the stories he told.

IF he admitted he saw and talked to her and then admitted she was there from the start he could have changed the case . Had the third story been told from the start and he he added in ,something like a struggle, he would have placed reasonable doubt in his defence.. Was there and accident did she leave ..etc.. but those lies PROVE he has something to hide and the only thing that is missing in his case is Alexis.. So thats what he is hiding. JMO . I hope the jury sees it. If they dont , Alexis' isnt the last girl.

He was asked about '' the girl" (which made me mad that they didnt push Alexis name at him ) and it was said often ,the girl Randy ,what happened to the girl..etc..

Also, it is kinda disappointing that his photo was never published in Samantha Clarks case IN 2010. I do believe had they placed his picture in a objective and well written articles , and passed it arround facebook, Alexis could have been warned.

You know something like Samantha Clark last receives phone call from ..his name and picture... not naming him as a suspect printing facts about her case. All this secrete investigation stuff might be hurting our Children..jmo.

Also, it is kinda disappointing that his photo was never published in Samantha Clarks case IN 2010. I do believe had they placed his picture in a objective and well written articles , and passed it arround facebook, Alexis could have been warned.

You know something like Samantha Clark last receives phone call from ..his name and picture... not naming him as a suspect printing facts about her case. All this secrete investigation stuff might be hurting our Children..jmo.

I am behind all of your thoughts but then think about CRD and how he was put out there and he didnt do anything but everyone knows him now. I guess in the end it comes out and I totally see what you are saying.

Dead on with where I am on this!

I think they did. the nail in coffin for me was finding her nose/lip ring under his bed hidden in blood .

No one would leave a diamond lip ring/nose ring. in some one bed and blood on it is un common unless ripped... this proves a fight and blood on the walls only to be seen with a advance camera proves he cleaned up the place,, thus hiding her after he killed/rape her..

No way she left his camper alive. no way.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 7m
BREAKING: The Jury has a question.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 49s
Jury wanted to see the video of Taylor's truck and Alexis's car headed north on Rt. 29. In this video Alexis was behind Taylor

Joe St. George ‏@JoeStGeorge · 1m
Jury wanted to see video of #AlexisMurphy car heading north on 29. Jury has resumed deliberations

While we wait....
I have never been on a jury and like I said never really followed a trial, besides Casey Anthony. Are the jurors from a certain radius from Nelson Co? Like they call people from within 100 miles that havent heard about the case? (I know its much more detailed but Im trying to get a feel for the jurors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required