*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 50 people are in the courtroom to await the verdict, many of them Murphy's family and friends dressed in pink clothes and ribbons.

Gil Harrington, mother of the late Morgan Harrington, also sits in the courtroom, awaiting a verdict. Morgan Harrington, 20, disappeared in October 2009 following a concert in Charlottesville.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/latest-news/jury-deliberating-fate-of-man-accused-of-killing-alexis-murphy/article_237f7b96-d608-11e3-8959-001a4bcf6878.html

The first no body case in VA was in 1980. The victim was Gina Renee Hall who disappeared on 6/28/1980. Six months later Stephen M. Epperly was convicted. The amazing thing about this case, imo, was what that tracking dog accomplished.

http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e/epperly-stephen.htm

That is only part of what the dog accomplished.

These K-9's are so wonderful! :loveyou:

:wolf2:

From the Merriam Webster Dictionary it states abduct: "to take (someone) away from a place by force"

Since she followed him, this may be a mute point as it was not by force. Yes, he held her there against her will by force, I am sure. But how it is interrupted legally, who knows? Guess our lawyers are at work right now.

ETA: I am with you all, RAT needs to be off the street forever!! He seems to slip thru the cracks each time. Unfortunately, my fear is he has once again proven he can escape a major charge! Please let my gut instinct be wrong!!!!

At your service. :) im lawyer..

abduction in law way is determined by the incidents occurred. also intents

I/E just because you went willingly don't mean after you got to that point, abduction could not occur.

For example I invite you to my house .. and you come in and I grab you. yes you came willingly, That does not mean I didn't abduct you, my planning of this(intent) would play a factor in your abduction. So for this . Rat planning(intent) to that moment would be where to start( his intent). Also she is a minor let not forget that, its with parent permission to do things.. any other place Am went was versus her mother consent, so anyone in contact with her could get them in legal trouble.

Another example is. my kids are friends with your kids. I come by house and pick your kids up without your permission. You can have me arrested for kidnapping/ abduction. Even though they went willingly and everybody friendly. It what the parent say. Parent have all say, till they are 18/19 years of age on the minor for the well being of them. If it versus the parent will ( say, good graces, permission),then it versus the child will.

You can be charged.

Does anyone get the feeling that the 2nd bit of survellience footage came from a camera specifically set up to surveil a known area of crime or traffic issues? Sounds like it was a state owned camera.

Does anyone get the feeling that the 2nd bit of survellience footage came from a camera specifically set up to surveil a known area of crime or traffic issues? Sounds like it was a state owned camera.

Very possible there is a camera on the stop light in Lovingston. Not sure about it though.

Can you describe some or all of the jury as you remember them? Lots of times in cases we have descriptions of juries and how attentive or not they are during proceedings.

Obviously no names or photgraphs

or links to their facebooks or that :lol:

There was one girl who was really young looking , a few in there older 30's early 40's and then most appeared to be 50'ish . This worried me because I worried about the gap in understanding Twitter and social media and in general normal teenager life and social activities. .

Everyone appeared to pay close attention except that one guy. I worry 3 older men may be holdouts but this one guy ..really has me worried. I caught him making weird faces ,almost like he was talking to himself in his head ..one lady ,was really super tuned in to the courtroom..

I was only there for parts of two days..but yesterday 2 members of the jury wore pink ... I dont know why they did but Alexis's Murphy's friends ,family and those praying for justice for her have been wearing pink in the court .

I just called him the crazy man... because he was making weird faces and doing weird eye movements... He might have needed to pop his ear for I know. But ..deep down inside I think I might be right....

The waiting is bad. The longer it goes on the more I think this might be a hung jury. :(

There is one camera set up to catch people running red lights that might be just south of the place where her car was dropped off, but don't see any south on 29 towards the Liberty gas station... but I didn;t spend too much time on this site.
http://www.photoenforced.com/virginia.html

His charges:

On the homicide charges, the jury will have three options; they can find Taylor guilty of first degree murder, second degree murder, or not guilty.

On the abduction charge, the jury can find Taylor guilty of abduction with intent to defile, or abduction, or not guilty.

http://www.wset.com/story/25451075/jury-deliberates-randy-taylor-verdict

Ok this is how I understood something in court yesterday .

If they found him guilty of murder 1st.. they would not have to vote on the abduction...as it is covered under the legal gibberish (important stuff) in the law.

Example for see what I means.
In general, 1st degree murder is grave murder planned and committed in a cruel way against one or more persons, under special circumstances. The special circumstances include accompaniment of other offenses such as, kidnapping, hijacking, robbery, with an intention of financial gain, assault on pregnant women or government officials on public duty, or involving extreme torture. This is considered more serious if the person committing the offence has committed such a crime before.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/First_Degree_Murder_vs_Second_Degree_Murder

See now I am getting more worried ,which I didnt think was possible.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 54s
BREAKING: Everyone called back to courtroom. We may have a verdict.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 58s
HAPPENING NOW: Jury is coming back into courtroom. Standby for details.

I really wish they would at least have the verdict live on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic