GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the verdict, even the court videographer was caught off guard and missed the guilty verdict. I found it odd that the sound wasn't cut ; the woman reading the verdict mentioned just about every last name on the jury:

[video=youtube;LzUxSSTj-pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUxSSTj-pg[/video]

picture is up of these two on day three:

0830moorerd3_jl01

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article170226667.html
Neither of them look so cocky now!! Sorry guys, still catching up and just had to comment.

Sentencing:

[video=youtube;qEnFfYeINJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEnFfYeINJU[/video]

Fist bumping the air! I love karma...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Question: Would I be breaking TOS if I share a pic of SM and Donald Demarino (TM's cousin who testified today)?

10 YEARS!!!Wow I am in shock. I take back everything I said about this Judge!

:loveyou: Sidney is going to jail!! :jail:

According to the Solicitor and agreed by the judge, SM will actually serve 50% of his sentence, possibly less, as it's a non-violent offense and prisons cycle them out, and that's out of the court's control. He gave him the maximum he could under the law, minus the 1 year he spent in jail, also which is the law.

So in 4.5 yrs SM will be free unless the state can figure out how to get kidnapping and/or murder charges or something else to stick.

According to the Solicitor and agreed by the judge, SM will actually serve 50% of his sentence, possibly less, as it's a non-violent offense. So in 4.5 yrs he'll be back out unless the state can figure out how to get kidnapping and/or murder charges or something else to stick.

OK with me. I have a lot more confidence in the state now to get those charges to stick. And I think maybe they should try both of them together.

Yes!!! GUILTY!!! I'm jumping for joy for Heather's family!!!

Sentencing:

[video=youtube;qEnFfYeINJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEnFfYeINJU[/video]

BOY! It took a few beats for what he said to sink in but SM and company did not look happy once it did.

I also found it incredibly disrespectful that they chatted back and forth to each other while the judge was speaking. If I were him, I would have just stopped talking mid-sentence and then said... "the sentence is 10 years and court is dismissed."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liz Cooper tweets (from 2 hours ago): https://twitter.com/LizCooperABC15

Just spoke exclusively off camera to a juror. He said it was 1 man who was undecided when they went to deliberate. He says evidence...... He says that 1 juror didn't have an issue with lack of evidence. He says that juror just wanted clarification on definitions.

Elvis family says they're meeting with attorneys and will then meet with media for comment

Stopped by for a bottle of wine at the party store near my house. I'm an hour from Myrtle Beach. It was on sale 3 for $9. So I say to guy "3 it is, for Heather". He knew exactly what I was talking about. He poured us each a small glass from the tasting bar, and we toasted to Justice! Surreal...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'm also an hour away, Hi neighbor.

This may have been asked and I missed it, but can this verdict be mentioned/used in any upcoming kidnapping retrial?

Also, while I do believe Sid would have been found guilty with or without the testimony of the cousin, I commend his courage and wish him to be free of his demons and provide a wonderful life for his daughter.

One more thing, was that Tammy sister sitting on the back row during sentencing? And if so, why didn't she sit with and console her neice in Tammy and Molly's absence. That bothers me. Regardless if what I think about Sid, I do hope the Bailiff allowed her to give her Dad a final hug.

This may have been asked and I missed it, but can this verdict be mentioned/used in any upcoming kidnapping retrial?

Also, while I do believe Sid would have been found guilty with or without the testimony of the cousin, I commend his courage and wish him to be free of his demons and provide a wonderful life for his daughter.

One more thing, was that Tammy sister sitting on the back row during sentencing? And if so, why didn't she sit with and console her neice in Tammy and Molly's absence. That bothers me. Regardless if what I think about Sid, I do hope the Bailiff allowed her to give her Dad a final hug.

Polly's absence* (I suck at tapacrap)

I don't know about the testimony....good question. I hope so.

Agree about the cousin! Nice work, son.

I did not see Tammy's sister at all today.....

Well, of all times to be gone most of the day...I followed some from my phone.

So...about Tam for starters. I think she left mad as a hornet because SM got them caught and ruined everything. At least that would be a narcissist's thinking. It's never going to be her fault. I have a former family member who's a narcissist and she storms off when her image or story is exposed as false.

And I think if the state had told the whole story and held up SM's phone and travel record at the kidnapping trial, this case wouldn't have to be prosecuted a charge at a time.

For now, I'm thrilled that at least one nail is in the Moorer coffin. I feel badly for their children, think they're even bigger slime for dragging children into a courtroom, and I also think the defense did a really poor job - worse than the kidnapping trial.

Watch TM pull the bad lawyering/incompetent defense card before it's over (and to no avail).

Never thought this judge was biased or inept. Has a different style for sure, but I didn't see SM getting any passes, least of all today. I think a lot of the Nancy rebuking was frankly deserved.

Hope TM's head has exploded by now and she does something stellar stupid on social media. And I want to know what the guy saw on SM's phone. I wonder if it was a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247