GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a little ChardonnYAY! Tastes like justice!

chardonnay.jpg

I just rewatched the end of the sentencing (making sure to hear the "10 years"), and it hurt my heart to see the Moorers' daughter so upset. Those kids deserve none of this. Then the camera panned over to the other side, and I was in awe of how none of them let out any emotional outbursts, when you know they desperately wanted to. So composed through all of this, the Elvises and their support crew.

My heart really does break for all of the kids :(. I pray that they are all able to come out of this with normal lives. Especially the daughter who was sitting there alone....I feel for the sons, too, but for some reason she just holds a special place in my heart. They are all just so innocent and this crap has been such a part of their formative years :(.

Stopped by for a bottle of wine at the party store near my house. I'm an hour from Myrtle Beach. It was on sale 3 for $9. So I say to guy "3 it is, for Heather". He knew exactly what I was talking about. He poured us each a small glass from the tasting bar, and we toasted to Justice! Surreal...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Omg, I love that!

While I am thrilled that the jury rendered a Guilty verdict and the judge solicited the maximum sentence, I can't help but for it to feel bittersweet. Either right before or after the verdict was read (after, I think) the camera panned to SM consoling his daughter. An overwhelming sense of sadness filled my soul; I felt bad for his daughter - who is innocent in this all. Even more so I was saddened because TE will never get the opportunity to comfort Heather, for any reason. Heather will never have the opportunity to have her own children to offer comfort to them. It did not have to be this way. I know up thread I saw someone post about how locals pretty much think SM is submissive to TM and many think TM is the one to blame and they find SM more likable. While SM does come across as more poised and more sane that TM I can't help but roll my eyes at this theory. Not because I don't think TM could have been or was the aggressor in the crime committed, but because regardless of SM's role I have absolutely know doubt in my mind that he is privy to the information surrounding the disappearance of HE and likely is privy to the whereabouts of her remains. He had a CHOICE to come forth with that information, no matter how damning it may have looked on him and he CHOSE not to. That makes him just as guilty, to me, as TM. Either way, HIS choices have forever affected the lives of many others, his choices has stripped parents of their time with their daughter, a sister and brother of their time with their sister, etc.... all the while he still has those opportunities - regardless of his incarceration. I guess all this to say that I am happy with the verdict, but somehow that justice doesn't feel just enough, because it will never bring HE back.

While I am thrilled that the jury rendered a Guilty verdict and the judge solicited the maximum sentence, I can't help but for it to feel bittersweet. Either right before or after the verdict was read (after, I think) the camera panned to SM consoling his daughter. An overwhelming sense of sadness filled my soul; I felt bad for his daughter - who is innocent in this all. Even more so I was saddened because TE will never get the opportunity to comfort Heather, for any reason. Heather will never have the opportunity to have her own children to offer comfort to them. It did not have to be this way. I know up thread I saw someone post about how locals pretty much think SM is submissive to TM and many think TM is the one to blame and they find SM more likable. While SM does come across as more poised and more sane that TM I can't help but roll my eyes at this theory. Not because I don't think TM could have been or was the aggressor in the crime committed, but because regardless of SM's role I have absolutely know doubt in my mind that he is privy to the information surrounding the disappearance of HE and likely is privy to the whereabouts of her remains. He had a CHOICE to come forth with that information, no matter how damning it may have looked on him and he CHOSE not to. That makes him just as guilty, to me, as TM. Either way, HIS choices have forever affected the lives of many others, his choices has stripped parents of their time with their daughter, a sister and brother of their time with their sister, etc.... all the while he still has those opportunities - regardless of his incarceration. I guess all this to say that I am happy with the verdict, but somehow that justice doesn't feel just enough, because it will never bring HE back.

I think we all can agree with this I still have hope that SM will decide to do the right thing and tell everything he knows. It is really his only chance to ever salvage a relationship with his children. Show remorse and provide closure for the Elvis family. And expose Tammy for the vile thing she is.

I'm actually drinking some pinot. It's a good week for justice. Another big case got resolved yesterday, the Jason Young case (he murdered his pregnant wife, Michelle Fisher Young in 2006) and his final appeal just got denied yesterday.

And then today, Sidney Moorer is finally in the handcuffs he deserves.

This wine tastes mighty fine!

Omg!!!!!!! So excited! Got home and came to follow up on what I missed after closing and I'm beyond thrilled!!! I will celebrate with you all with a bottle of wine, if you don't mind ;)

What is y'alls opinion on how heavy the cousins testimony about what Sid showed him on his phone had to do with the verdict and sentencing?

Personally I think TM went off in a fit because SM didn't tesitify and she was NOT called as a witness again! She thinks she knows it all, and thinks they are getting away with all their crap...
Wonder how she's(they)are liking this great big punch in the face on Heather's behalf!

Ditto! I think she got pissed at him because he ultimately chose not to testify. She probably wanted him to for appearance purposes only but he's the one who has to serve the time and clearly trusted his lawyer's opinion over hers. As we now know, staying silent didn't save him, but I'm certain he would have only dug himself a bigger hole if he had testified. Either way, you KNOW she's going to blame the outcome of this trial on his decision to go against her. Ugh, she is such a vile (sub)human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually drinking some pinot. It's a good week for justice. Another big case got resolved yesterday, the Jason Young case (he murdered his pregnant wife, Michelle Fisher Young in 2006) and his final appeal just got denied yesterday.

And then today, Sidney Moorer is finally in the handcuffs he deserves.

This wine tastes mighty fine!

Now let's get justice for Abby and Libby!

What is y'alls opinion on how heavy the cousins testimony about what Sid showed him on his phone had to do with the verdict and sentencing?

Not much. I think the "ping" testimony/lining up all the calls, and Livesay's closing testimony did it. Also Sid's own recorded interview. I think the cousin will play a big part in the kidnapping trials though.

Stopped by for a bottle of wine at the party store near my house. I'm an hour from Myrtle Beach. It was on sale 3 for $9. So I say to guy "3 it is, for Heather". He knew exactly what I was talking about. He poured us each a small glass from the tasting bar, and we toasted to Justice! Surreal...

That's the 2nd best thing I've heard today! Love it!

=razzledazzle66;13597865]What is y'alls opinion on how heavy the cousins testimony about what Sid showed him on his phone had to do with the verdict and sentencing?

Not a lot of impact because what the cousin saw on the phone wasn't brought out in testimony, only that he was shown something.

<snip>I guess all this to say that I am happy with the verdict, but somehow that justice doesn't feel just enough, because it will never bring HE back.</snip>

(I always snip for brevity..) That was, all of it, beautifully stated and I absolutely agree.

I think we all can agree with this I still have hope that SM will decide to do the right thing and tell everything he knows. It is really his only chance to ever salvage a relationship with his children. Show remorse and provide closure for the Elvis family. And expose Tammy for the vile thing she is.

My feeling is he will double-down on not saying anything so that his children will have a remaining parent. I also feel like she is going to sail him down the river or flee. I hope I'm wrong. I hope for justice for Heather!

I think he tipped the scales but that SM would have been found guilty regardless. He came across as earnest, and I hope he continues down a better path for both his and his daughter's sake!

I'm glad he got to go through some questions without the jury in the room, because I think it helped him gain a little composure when he had to testify in front of them. Maybe he came across as scared and reformed in front of the jury. I don't know. I'm just glad a family member came forward. Maybe between that, and SM's verdict and sentence, others will be encouraged to "break the silence."

I'm glad he got to go through some questions without the jury in the room, because I think it helped him gain a little composure when he had to testify in front of them. Maybe he came across as scared and reformed in front of the jury. I don't know. I'm just glad a family member came forward. Maybe between that, and SM's verdict and sentence, others will be encouraged to "break the silence."

YES! I hope so.

Man, I have stuff to do, but I don't want to leave our little happy hour. Or the 76 other tabs I have open on my desktop. What a great day!

This is so well said and it is bittersweet.
I always wish we could bring the victim home, it seems the last "right" the family has to their loved one is to lay them to rest, give them a proper burial, and have a place of closure.
My hope is that SM will do the right thing and tell where Heather is. Prison should be freedom for SM from TM, and if there is any chance for their children's future it is probably time for SM to make this right.
Thanks for your post.
JMO

Doubt that Sid will ever talk and tell all that he knows and what happened to Heather. He's kept quiet about it for 3.75 years so far. No way he's going to confess to something even more. He lies about lying. I give him no points, he's just as evil as wifey, maybe even more so since he could have protected Heather but not only failed to do so, he at least helped kill and dispose of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247