GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the important moments this afternoon was when they were talking about the work slips/invoice copies found in the truck. Sidney had said he was working (and Tammy was with him on the 17th). However in the work slips/invoices did not have one for the 17th. I can't remember where Sidney had said he was working but at one of the restaurants near where he eventually had parking lot sex in the truck that night.

Yeah, but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. They could say they forgot to invoice/receipt or worked for free because they were overpaid the last time, etc.

Oh man... I just clicked the link for L&C and was reminded of this glorious slip from TM - the fact that she states this in the negative means nothing to me.

“When I became a reborn Christian, I became a completely different person than I am now,” she told Livesay from the stand. “I could sit here, and wonder how many married men you’ve slept with, but I’m not going to judge you on that, because that doesn’t mean you killed somebody. It doesn’t mean you’ve kidnapped somebody.”

It's like she forgot what she was on trial for, for just a second. Whoops!

I always laugh at this and her claims.of being a Christian because when I knew her, she professed how much she hated 'church people,' did not believe in Jesus and the resurrection and how she would consider herself more Wiccan than anything. She also would laugh and say how those southern Baptist hypocrites would eat her alive if they knew that. :confused:

Unless they knew they'd be back with a warrant? But if it was me, I would have been out there cleaning that truck the day they came to the house for the first time. I have no idea why they'd do it but it does look suspicious.

They had to have known a warrant was coming. Sidney is at the station. Tammy denies having the keys. Four officers at the house. They probably figured they had to make a plan. I imagine 1st would be change surveillance as it marked their movements. 2nd would be clean the truck and get rid of any truck dna or HE items.

The prior surveillance would had shown the two of them going out and coming home, showed the kids coming home if they did, etc. That recording device had to go. Tammy knew that the detective had seen the video cameras so getting a new system was imperative. However, Sidney is not a bright bulb--- who records as they are installing the indoor camera where the first one had been?

The truck cleaning had to be done at home. It was a new truck and I am sure any cleaning service would have remembered it. The business would have recording devices. I bet it was Sidney's job to turn off the system but he did not. They knew that any erasure would be suspicious.

Last edited:
I just heard on the news! I've been so out of it with school this week I didn't realize they'd started. I'm hoping there's video on YT. I'm gonna catch up. They're in Conway right? Anyone who went to TM's do you remember the rules? If I can get school ahead some next week I'll go! Hopefully this case lasts as long as TM's.

Yeah, but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. They could say they forgot to invoice/receipt or worked for free because they were overpaid the last time, etc.

No slips on the 17th and 18th. They didn't produce one after that either--back date it. Why? They weren't working. It is one more lie. One more hole in the story.

I just don't understand why they'd change the date/time to the 23rd when they actually cleaned the truck on the 22nd.....and what the prosecution thinks they will prove by that. One day doesn't make much difference since it's not the 18th....

They made sure cleaning the truck was on video..because they could just turn the system off to not record. The video of them cleaning the truck could be a ruse. IMO whatever happened did not happen in the truck.

I don't think they are as smart as creating a ruse. The ruses they tried to create failed miserably-- pay phone call and parking out of camera view but Sidney in his SF shirt, denying pay phone call ("they still exist"), kept having sex multiple times in multiple places, cell phone conversations (dietetic potstickers and dietetic juice at 4 am, thank you sweetie) after none for months.

If the cleaning was a ruse, why the burn barrel disposal? I would want the LEO to find my materials if she wasn't in there and have LEO waste lots of time getting warrants for the truck, the burn barrel, etc. I do think all three of them were in the truck. I think HE was lured to the truck. I am not sure if she was at PTL.

Last edited:
Yep ... I was just stating what SM said that it was all for TM - but yet they were just tossed in the tool box ... hmmmmmm ... they were never intended for TM and SM to celebrate any pregnancy
They were for TM - he did her bidding with them & tricked Heather with them. He’s just as culpable as TM.

I just don't understand why they'd change the date/time to the 23rd when they actually cleaned the truck on the 22nd.....and what the prosecution thinks they will prove by that. One day doesn't make much difference since it's not the 18th....

Not sure, but maybe more to come?

Or, maybe just to raise the question of why they are going to the trouble of changing the date ... like who does that? As the officer testified with the truck cleaning - that's normal, but then the length of time spent - suspicious, then the burning of the rags/towels - BIG RED FLAG as he stated (which by the way, love that he said that on cross ... thanks defense for eliciting that lol)

I think TM watches a ton of true crime shows and court cases, and thought she'd learned enough to formulate the perfect plan and get away with it. Once again, she didn't account for variables (human or otherwise). She's a raging narcissist, who like most people with NPD, isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Regarding the camera, I think SM was setting it up and maybe didn't realize it was recording already. Or maybe realized it, meant to turn it off, but forgot because of being consumed with what they had done and whether they'd get caught. Then they realized it and tried to tamper with the time stamp. TM would go on to constantly alter time stamps on her FB page, but this may have been in the infancy of her time-warp skills, and she may have thought she pulled it off. Or maybe she intentionally changed it to a weird time, so she could say the time stamp doesn't work right and deny that she had anything to do with it, so she could claim the truck cleaning wasn't when they claimed it would be. She's smarter than everybody she's ever met. Just ask her.

I might be confused about the cleaning of the truck (I didn’t watch, I’ve just caught up in reading). If they were cleaning the outside of the truck- it actually could make sense. If they grabbed her and put her in the back of the truck, they wouldn’t need to clean much of the inside. I used to think she was in the truck with SM and TM strangles her, but now I wonder if they met somewhere (maybe Longbeards), and TM ambushed her there- outside of the truck. I still tend to think Longbeards was where it happened and possibly where she was left.
I wish someone would give up and tell Heather’s family what happened.

Right before they started to play the video for the jury, NL said it was hours of video, and they would be playing it at a faster speed. Everything that happened in the video actually happened, but the jury would see it at a faster speed than 'real time.' The judge said the jury would have the opportunity to review it as they wished during deliberations.

The witness, PC, then made occasional comments as the video played. He said SM, TM, AC & boyfriend spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the outside of the doors of the truck, AND they spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the passenger compartment of the cab of the truck. This was no ordinary car washing. Burning the cleaning rags was icing on the cake.

This was no ordinary car washing.

RSBM

Definitely NOT! I just wish they wouldn't have confused things by spending so much time "setting it up" with talk of a new system replacing an old/discarded one, changed dates, etc. I think maybe the cleaning could have just stood on its own as coming from their own surveillance system....

<3 I'll be in and out - have a major migration in an hour though. Boo!

Thank you Mysterian for transcribing, I do appreciate it!

You're welcome. Glad you could be here today.:)

Sorry I had to bail out on the afternoon testimony. No, I did not slip into a truck-testimony coma. Real-life problems occurred unexpectedly.(grrrr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum