GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, after today's reveal about the video, and after rewatching AC's unconvincing testimony in TM's trial, I don't see how the state doesn't call her as a witness.....

Does AC have any "rights" to not testify? If she is suppoened must she appear? Can she plead the fifth?
She cannot refuse to testify. She does not have spousal privilege. If she received a subpoena, she is ordered by the court to testify. If she refuses, she can (and in this case almost certainly would) be found in contempt of court. That means she could be fined, jailed, or both. She can plead the 5th on any question for which her answer would incriminate her.

Thank you for clarification!

Wasn’t thinking - in the UK we would probably just refer to that area as the ‘back seat’.

I would refer to it as a backseat too! Maybe it’s LE speak.

(I wish I could edit my post—“to me” instead of “to mean” and those pictures “were” disgusting, not “was.” Aye yi yi, I was an English/writing major!)

Cestare is testifying they just got back from the store, emptied grocery bags from the truck, and started cleaning it.
This might explain the importance of that dangged BI-LO receipt! I have wondered why LE thought the receipt was relevant or why they entered it into evidence. I ultimately decided that it must have been a confirmation of sorts - like it maybe showed that SM really bought TM those dumb pot stickers they both seem to be insistent about or it "proved" they really had been couponing that night. But MAYBE... the receipt also proves that they purchased cleaning supplies!

A new, bombshell video purportedly showed Tammy and Sidney Moorer cleaning the pickup truck investigators say was near Peachtree Landing the time Heather Elvis went missing.

The video was shot on the Moorers’ property days after Elvis disappeared in 2013. It was played for the first time on Friday during Sidney Moorer’s kidnapping trial.

The video lasts for hours but was fast-forwarded for the jury. Horry County police. Lt. Peter Cestare narrated the video as the Horry County jury watched. Cestare detailed how the Moorers extensively cleaned the truck and the couple threw rags onto a “burn pile.”

“Tammy Moorer is on the passenger side of the vehicle pretty much intensively cleaning the doors. Sidney is on the driver side of the vehicle,” Cestare said.

“Are they both cleaning?” Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay asked.

“Yes ma’am,” the officer said.

Cleaning the truck would have removed any forensic evidence, Cestare said.

“Not likely at all,” Cestare said of the ability to collect DNA.

During cross-examination Cestare said the cleaning happened in daylight. Defense Attorney Jarrett Bouchette asked Cestare if the fact they cleaned during the day showed they had nothing to hide.

“I just don’t think they paid it any attention,” Cestare said of the video system that captured the two cleaning the vehicle.

The video was the first new testimony after nearly a week of witnesses in Sidney Moorer’s retrial on kidnapping charges related to the 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis.

Cestare said he and other officers went to the Moorers’ residence after Elvis went missing. Cestare said they saw a shotgun shell, cement mix, cleaners and a tarp at the property.

“It just kind of struck me as odd,” Cestare said.

Cestare said he took the photograph because it gained his interest. The investigators also took pictures inside the home. Investigators had permission to enter the house, but not to go through drawers or cabinets.

There were also what appeared to be surveillance cameras inside and outside the home, Cestare said.

HEADLIGHTS EXPERT TESTIFY
South Carolina Highway Patrol trooper Jeremy Leach testified he was asked to help Horry County police in its investigation. He said they reviewed surveillance video from near the landing to identify a suspect vehicle.

“We believed it was a pickup truck,” Leach said.

Prosecutors say that truck on video heading to and from the landing belonged to the Moorers.

Grant Fredericks has become well-known throughout all the trials. He is an expert in headlight patterns and again spoke about his findings on Friday.

He told the jury about how he reviewed headlights of various makes and models of trucks. He said the pattern of light depends on the damage to the lens, if the bulbs shift and other factors.

“No vehicle shares the same headlight spread pattern,” he said.

Fredericks said based on his study of the headlight pattern of the truck in the video, it belonged to the Moorers.

During cross-examination, Bouchette questioned Fredericks’ expertise and training. He also said there was no large-scale modeling of the popular Ford 150 truck.
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article235078257.html

Last edited:
I missed him calling it a "compartment," but I was just in shock listening to this new testimony. I can't speak for all parts of the U.S, but I'm from South Carolina and my husband is from the Midwest. We both call that a "back seat" too.

ETA: I have literally never heard of a "passenger compartment," but I just looked it up and got this legal definition:

Passenger compartment means the area of a motor vehicle designed for the seating of the driver and other passengers of the vehicle. Passenger compartment includes an unlocked glove compartment and any unlocked portable devices within the immediate reach of the driver or any passengers. Passenger compartment does not include the trunk, a locked glove compartment or the area behind the last upright seat of a motor vehicle that is not equipped with a trunk.

So, I take it to mean the entire interior.

Passenger compartment | legal definition of Passenger compartment by Lawinsider.com

I was watching on my phone off and on (between sessions—I’m a therapist) and I am 99% sure this is what I heard him say. I remember trying to process what this meant. He didn’t say the passenger seat, or the backseat, or passenger area; it was a particular term. I would go back and watch, but one has to sit through a lot of watching the video in silence before witness PC makes a comment. Thanks for looking up the legal term.

WHERE IS HEATHER??????
Cement! I am convinced she is under cement! WTH wouldn’t they have demo’d all that and checked under any and all cement?

McCollum also asked his client about the cleaning supplies and cement mix in front of the camper outside her house. Moorer said the cleaning supplies was used to clean the camper because you can clearly see it was dirty. She said the cement was never used to hide a body.

Who says that?!!!! I think that’s exactly what it was used for! Moo

Tammy Moorer takes the stand in her kidnapping trial

(I wish I could edit my post—“to me” instead of “to mean” and those pictures “were” disgusting, not “was.” Aye yi yi, I was an English/writing major!)
RSBM: You are not alone. I was just reading one of my posts someone else quoted, and I noticed I used "there" instead of "their." I also had some pretty nasty subject/verb agreement in the heat of the new testimony. Sigh.

I was watching on my phone off and on (between sessions—I’m a therapist) and I am 99% sure this is what I heard him say. I remember trying to process what this meant. He didn’t say the passenger seat, or the backseat, or passenger area; it was a particular term. I would go back and watch, but one has to sit through a lot of watching the video in silence before witness PC makes a comment. Thanks for looking up the legal term.
I'm glad you heard it. That's a new one for me. I was too frenzied and floored when he was giving that testimony.

I think TM watches a ton of true crime shows and court cases, and thought she'd learned enough to formulate the perfect plan and get away with it. Once again, she didn't account for variables (human or otherwise). She's a raging narcissist, who like most people with NPD, isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Regarding the camera, I think SM was setting it up and maybe didn't realize it was recording already. Or maybe realized it, meant to turn it off, but forgot because of being consumed with what they had done and whether they'd get caught. Then they realized it and tried to tamper with the time stamp. TM would go on to constantly alter time stamps on her FB page, but this may have been in the infancy of her time-warp skills, and she may have thought she pulled it off. Or maybe she intentionally changed it to a weird time, so she could say the time stamp doesn't work right and deny that she had anything to do with it, so she could claim the truck cleaning wasn't when they claimed it would be. She's smarter than everybody she's ever met. Just ask her.
I wish I could remember all those rants she posted on FB about those cameras... because she mentioned them quite a bit.

RSBM: You are not alone. I was just reading one of my posts someone else quoted, and I noticed I used "there" instead of "their." I also had some pretty nasty subject/verb agreement in the heat of the new testimony. Sigh.

Haha! You have done a great job of reporting the testimony to us! I could never write fast enough to keep up (except during today’s video-watching portion). I have followed this case since the beginning. I don’t live there, but have been going to Pawleys Island every summer for years and years, and this case drew me in. Plus, part of my younger self identifies with Heather; I was just fortunate enough not to get entangled with a couple of sociopaths.

Just watched NL's questioning of AC during TM's trial. AC comes off as veeerryyyyy deceptive, even shooting TM glances at times when she knows she's been pushed into a corner and not done well. At one point she's forced to testify that the "nanny cam" (surveillance system) did capture ins and outs from the driveway.

I wish AC would just be truthful. I bet she could make a deal and move on with her life and leave her crazy sister mama behind her for good.

I think the prosecutors won't call AC or anyone else who could lie and damage their case. It is my thinking that they will continue to wrap this up in a neat bow--- the jury saw the sister and bf cleaning the truck for 2 hours (I love my family but I wouldn't clean anyone's vehicle for two hours even if I gave it to them as a birthday gift.), the pros got in the idea that they only way to insure that your surveillance is not recovered is to disappear the machine, truck and headlight testimony is damning, SM is shown to be a liar, TM is shown to be a nut job (talking with young boys, claiming a bf, and saying the stuff she said to HE) and the Walmart tape/payphone tape. I would love to hear what all of these players have to say but I think the pros needs to keep it marching through the timeline with all the supporting evidence and little drama.

I'm glad you heard it. That's a new one for me. I was too frenzied and floored when he was giving that testimony.

I was floored too. I sat there thinking that they are adding the missing pieces. We have been trying to figure all this out for so long. The PTL/LB puzzle is still a puzzle, but LE and the prosecution seem to keep getting/adding more evidence every trial they have to (sadly) put on.

Cestare said when doing this, he took pictures of items of interest located in front of a camper at the Moorers’ home. In the picture, Cestare pointed out to the jury, was a shotgun shell casing, cement mix, and some kind of cleaner. In the defenses cross examination, attorney Casey Brown asked if Cestare was aware the neighbors were pouring concrete for their driveway. Cestare said he wasn’t aware.

What neighbors? Her sister? Did AC redo her driveway with cement?

Monday testimony in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial focuses on Elvis' car, suspect’s home

I wish I could remember all those rants she posted on FB about those cameras... because she mentioned them quite a bit.
I just looked through my stuff, because I could've sworn I had screenshots of some of that. No luck. The only ss I can find from TM on social media is the infamous rant about Heather that got everyone's attention on TM as a suspect in the first place.

I was floored too. I sat there thinking that they are adding the missing pieces. We have been trying to figure all this out for so long. The PTL/LB puzzle is still a puzzle, but LE and the prosecution seem to keep getting/adding more evidence every trial they have to (sadly) put on.

I think that there are more missing pieces that the prosecution has but can't/won't use until/unless they have a body. They seem to be very calculating in what they present and how.

I think the prosecutors won't call AC or anyone else who could lie and damage their case. It is my thinking that they will continue to wrap this up in a neat bow--- the jury saw the sister and bf cleaning the truck for 2 hours (I love my family but I wouldn't clean anyone's vehicle for two hours even if I gave it to them as a birthday gift.), the pros got in the idea that they only way to insure that your surveillance is not recovered is to disappear the machine, truck and headlight testimony is damning, SM is shown to be a liar, TM is shown to be a nut job (talking with young boys, claiming a bf, and saying the stuff she said to HE) and the Walmart tape/payphone tape. I would love to hear what all of these players have to say but I think the pros needs to keep it marching through the timeline with all the supporting evidence and little drama.

Great post! The experts are really delivering during this trial. (As well as Bri, the tilted kilt employees, HE’s date on 12/17, and Joyce A.). The only one I’d really want the jury to hear is SM’s cousin D who saw the photo on the burner phone. That’s a big risk though.
Does anyone know if D is being housed in Horry County for his latest crimes, or is he out on bail?

Cestare said when doing this, he took pictures of items of interest located in front of a camper at the Moorers’ home. In the picture, Cestare pointed out to the jury, was a shotgun shell casing, cement mix, and some kind of cleaner. In the defenses cross examination, attorney Casey Brown asked if Cestare was aware the neighbors were pouring concrete for their driveway. Cestare said he wasn’t aware.

What neighbors? Her sister? Did AC redo her driveway with cement?

Monday testimony in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial focuses on Elvis' car, suspect’s home
AC lives in PC's house, and BC was still alive at the time, so if anybody was pouring a new driveway, it would've been them. I'm trying to remember my early drive-bys and whether it seemed like there was a new driveway, but nothing comes to mind.

TM mentioned the new camera system on her fb. New cameras because the old ones needed replaced and they had been getting threats, maybe trespassers too. Then they proceeded to post videos of people pulling into their property off HWY814. One was a white truck, another I remember was a drunk girl. There were others. A lot got deleted if she was posting late at night. Like the trip to her friend's home mentioning the Carolina Forest at about 10 p.m. or so my time which was 1 a.m. in SC asking if anyone wanted to go with her. Approximate time. It was late to travel was my thought and wondered how much alcohol or coke or both did she have that night. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member