GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did this 15 minute recess turn into done for the day? Anyone in the courtroom that can tell us what went on? Something has to be going on for this development. Right?

Earlier the judge had asked about their witnesses for today. The defense said they had two today. They expected that at least one would go on for an hour. My impression is that they did not anticipate (or want to) starting a new witness and bridging them over to Wednesday. After the jury was dismissed, the judge/defense mentioned another expert and possibly one more witness (but the judge would not hold them to two). I am guessing Sidney is the last one they want on the stand.

I am surprised that AC was not asked about the brand or name of the kit.

She was definitely caught in a lie about her role in cleaning the F-150. I don't think the pros. needed to bring it up. It seemed like the Lt. was talking about all 4 of them cleaning that truck. AC testified that she was cleaning her vehicle and didn't know what they were doing or how they were cleaning the truck. Inconsistency. I think the jury will remember and can ask to look at the DVDs if they wish. Good strategy. Good way to get in the idea of looking for a bug. For a home that had surveillance why would you need to look for bugs.

NL asked about PC's monitor. I wonder if that will come up again and make AC look like she is lying as she lives in the house with her mother.

I feel like SM is just making small talk with his parents and they aren't making any references to the trial...IMO. I don't think he should be allowed to do so though

I was kind of disappointed with NL questions to AC...I guess I feel like she was leading up to more?? But then stopped. Probably figured she didn't need to beat a dead horse. Hopefully the jury saw exactly who AC is. I cannot stand her or TM....so so so smug.

Oh also did anyone notice AC said the first system didn't record and she said multiple times it was like a nanny cam and then later she goes on to say the cameras he bought at Sam's were their first set and they never had anything before not even a nanny cam....NL just smirked and said "okay" and moved on...

I would have called out her lie right then so I was a little disappointed NL let it go. But Idk how all this works. I want to see AC in jail for obstruction.

I am surprised that AC was not asked about the brand or name of the kit.

I agree. I think they were caught off guard by that excuse and didn't have time to think it through.

The State said they will be calling one more witness after the defense rests and it will be the "shortest testimony they have had." Any ideas?

Just not enough time for the next witnesses, who they aren't even sure will be witnesses. Maybe a forensic expert, maybe SM, maybe they'll rest....

What does everyone think, as to whether SM will testify? I think he will not. I really can't imagine his attorneys would recommend that he do so. We shall see if he has the same arrogance as the misses. I just can't imagine him denying the payphone call with the video evidence of the truck from Walmart and then right down the road out of the shadows he appears to approach that payphone.

I want to see this awesome kit that didn't make it to Christmas day.
So in the video, why didn't she point out what came from the kit? I.E., those rags we threw in the burn pile were part of the kit :rolleyes:

Seriously, in my mind a kit would include some sort of hose attachment, shami's, soap, buffer, etc. Surely some of those items would have been visible. Also, where is the shop vac? Did it disappear or was LE able to grab it?

What does everyone think, as to whether SM will testify? I think he will not. I really can't imagine his attorneys would recommend that he do so. We shall see if he has the same arrogance as the misses. I just can't imagine him denying the payphone call with the video evidence of the truck from Walmart and then right down the road out of the shadows he appears to approach that payphone.

I don't think he will testify.

So in the video, why didn't she point out what came from the kit? I.E., those rags we threw in the burn pile were part of the kit :rolleyes:

Seriously, in my mind a kit would include some sort of hose attachment, shami's, soap, buffer, etc. Surely some of those items would have been visible. Also, where is the shop vac? Did it disappear or was LE able to grab it?

Shop vac was probably cleaned in the burn pile because it is just what they do in their family.

At one point AC was on the verge of crying. I wish Nancy would have went for the throat. I believe she would have cracked and said a lot of things she shouldn't. I could just see she was so vulnerable at that moment. I'm really shocked Nancy didn't take advantage of that. I know I would have. I would also have asked her what that car kit contained. Every specific item. If towels were on that list, it would be really strange to burn your gift after one use. I mean, unless it was used to clean a crime scene....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed