GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched. Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the reason the truck-cleaning video had not been used in previous trials is because it didn't fit in the narrative prosecutors were building. He also said there's still evidence that the public hasn't seen yet and may never see.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance. And what I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it." - Jimmy Richardson

What does this mean about him having a year to provide assistance?

I wondered that too. The some portion of it made me sick to think about. I guess he could mean bones...

Just watched. Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the reason the truck-cleaning video had not been used in previous trials is because it didn't fit in the narrative prosecutors were building. He also said there's still evidence that the public hasn't seen yet and may never see.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance. And what I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it." - Jimmy Richardson

BBM Wow, that is painful to read. I wonder if the Elvis family knew about this. It sounds like they have been left in the dark about some things, including the truck washing video.

I keep refreshing and digging around on WPDE's FB page, waiting for them to post the interview. I just saw this picture on their page. Man, she's such a boss!

70713977_10157710835518970_301008913174626304_o.jpg

WPDE ABC15

It is on the WPDE webpage latest new broadcast. Two different slots ne early and one in 6 oclock hour. I took that to mean if he gives them her body he will get a deal for kidnapping sentence. or maybe they would not charge him with murder. He also said Tammy's year is almost up? What the devil?

The truck cleaning didn't fit the state's narrative? Well, their narrative about PTL never fit and that premature leap is why they had to nolle pross their murder charges.

The truck cleaning didn't fit the state's narrative? Well, their narrative about PTL never fit and that premature leap is why they had to nolle pross their murder charges.
That statement sort of hit me wrong in the way it was worded. I don't like "didn't fit their narrative", it sort of implies there may be evidence which was relevant but wasn't disclosed. late in the day and my post is poorly worded, but do you KWIM?

I know it’s hard to read or hear but I’m so naive I thought once they were sentenced this time they would rot away. Kudos to “the team” for putting more pressure on with the countdown. TBH that’s what’s we’ve all been hoping for (to an extent) since it will put them at direct odds with each other for as much of deal as possible. AFAIK they have no way to directly communicate without eyes and ears bc even if it’s through letter or family visit verbal transfer, it’s all on record. If I were possibly involved and not sitting in jail (coughsistercough) I would be intensely nervous. Hopefully there are extra eyes and ears keeping watch on the behavior of those who may become (more) paranoid now. Shrug. We’ve been here almost 6 years so what’s another 364 days in the scheme of things? Justice is coming for Heather. Let the countdown begin. *insert dramatic music*

IMHO!!!

Finally, Bouchette reminded the jury of the burden they had to overcome, telling the jurors that a verdict of not guilty would not be a personal attack against the Elvis family.

"We don't send people to prison on circumstantial evidence," he said.
'There's no doubt who the villain is:' Closing arguments in Sidney Moorer trial

What the heck?! Was there more to that sentence that wasn't published?

That statement sort of hit me wrong in the way it was worded. I don't like "didn't fit their narrative", it sort of implies there may be evidence which was relevant but wasn't disclosed. late in the day and my post is poorly worded, but do you KWIM?
Exactly. I'm not sure if he is referring to after they were only pursuing kidnapping charges, or from the onset once evidence was being presented for probable cause and for hearings, etc. In either case, the truck washing seems relevant to her case, no matter what. I don't like the implication of not bringing that into the mix because they were focused too narrowly or chasing in one particular direction. Again, I go back to the nolle pross they had to request.

I don't honestly know. From Day 1, I never thought Heather drove to PTL or was even there. I've always felt like something started at the apartment, and all those subsequent calls were the M's trying to set Heather up after the fact as someone who was obsessed and trying to reach SM. I thought she was kidnapped and harmed much earlier on the timeline than those calls superficially suggest.

When the Longbeard's info was presented, that made even more sense. I'm not sure what SM knows and doesn't know. It could be that TM doesn't want him knowing all of Heather's fate because then he can't spill it. It could also be that he killed her under Tammy's engineering, so he can't ever tell anything, because all roads lead to his guilt. It could be that a third party killed her and he has seen that evidence, or witnessed it. Or, some other scenario. But I always felt that the state got in its own way by trying to marry the scenario of a kidnapping/murder at PTL to the fact that the car was simply found there. It seemed there were far more moving parts to this crime and I think the Longbeard portion punctuates that.

My tragic experience with a narcissist is such that if I haven't learned anything else, I've learned that with their stories, up is down, left is right, and over is under. The good news is, they reveal their acts in the stories if you're paying attention, and while there's just so much that's not known about Heather's fate, I think the truth is threaded here and there throughout the very words of both M's. Maybe that's what we can re-visit, and no, with this kind of personality, it's not nit-picking. They are telling parts of the crime in how they narrate to police and the public, in my opinion.

Sadly, I have long believed that Heather isn't recoverable, but I hold hope that Fate will provide a twist that only Fate can deliver, and the Elvis family will be able to have the homecoming and funeral they so need, however differently that may occur due to where and how Heather may have been left and the passage of time. I believe that's also what Debi was saying and we need to remember - hope is all anyone has and I hope with Heather's mother and the rest of her family that she can receive a laying to rest. And that the Moorer's and any aid to them can fully burn.

Sorry for the double post but catching up and wanted to say I totally agree! I know we have been in the minority of thinking PTL was not “the” scene of the crime but I still believe that. IMO there’s no way of knowing for fact either way bc the truth is so scattered within the hours of threads, trials, SM postings, interviews etc. Probability tells me that there are big twisty things we have no clue to (like when the cell phone info about LBs was disclosed and TM phone pings confirming stalking) that may or may not be known by NL and her team that would wrench up our timeline at least a bit. I also have intimate knowledge of someone being changed by a narcissist, over time they start believing the alternate reality is “the norm” despite it being so clear to those of us on the outside. SM was at one time a victim of TM and despite ALL of his horrid actions in regards to Heather, whatever those may be, I believe he will eventually snap out of it and confess. I’m not saying within the next calendar year but the person he was before TM will eventually find its way back. It may be after the youngest child is grown, it may be next week but that’s my opinion. The only reason she would ever cooperate would be to look like a hero but she is too far in to save face. IMO. What a sad day it will be when SM wakes up and realizes the alternate reality he was living was actually hell on earth. If he hasn’t already. Those sobs yesterday looked genuine IMHO. I don’t recall TM sobbing like that at her sentencing?

IMOO

They didn't HAVE to request that nolle pross. They did so they wouldn't face Double Jeopardy. Because they knew the murder case wasn't as strong and if they got a not guilty verdict then Heather was found they couldn't nail them for it. It's just smart prosecution. Especially when there were so many rumors and issues floating around in the beginning that could have really ruined the case. Initially the Ms did a good job muddying the waters. But as new people moved into the area with fresh perspectives things cleared up. Like adding grass carp to an overgrown pond...

Did I just turn into a southern lawyer with a fish analogy?

They didn't HAVE to request that nolle pross. They did so they wouldn't face Double Jeopardy. Because they knew the murder case wasn't as strong and if they got a not guilty verdict then Heather was found they couldn't nail them for it. It's just smart prosecution. Especially when there were so many rumors and issues floating around in the beginning that could have really ruined the case. Initially the Ms did a good job muddying the waters. But as new people moved into the area with fresh perspectives things cleared up. Like adding grass carp to an overgrown pond...

Did I just turn into a southern lawyer with a fish analogy?
They had to give up their murder charges at that time and nolle pross was the only way with no liability to a future case.

Exactly. I'm not sure if he is referring to after they were only pursuing kidnapping charges, or from the onset once evidence was being presented for probable cause and for hearings, etc. In either case, the truck washing seems relevant to her case, no matter what. I don't like the implication of not bringing that into the mix because they were focused too narrowly or chasing in one particular direction. Again, I go back to the nolle pross they had to request.

I just saw this on the WPDE page, so I'm confused?

Richardson also answered one of the most asked questions from last week's trial, stemming from a video showing Sidney and Tammy Moorer power washing their truck days after Heather Elvis disappeared.

Richardson said prosecutors have had the video all along. In one trial, a judge blocked them from using it, he explained. In another, it simply didn't fit.

"The case has to play out and become relevant one way or the other," he said. "It wasn't relevant until Ashley [Tammy Moorer's sister] took the stand."

'Justice is a poor substitution:' Prosecutors reflect on Moorer trials, Elvis' whereabouts

So, I wonder which judge blocked it? Could it be that it was blocked in SM's first trial and then Judge Dennis allowed it for the second trial or it was the judge in TM's trial that blocked it?

Last edited:
I know we have been in the minority of thinking PTL was not “the” scene of the crime but I still believe that.
RSBM: We're not as small a minority as we used to be. More and more people have latched onto LB's.

Side note: Look at all the OG's posting in here tonight! It feels a lot like a much-needed hug. ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602