GUILTY - Sidney Moorer trial, Obstruction of Justice, Heather Elvis, 28 Aug 2017 #2 *Appeals Denied*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the paperwork, the relationship between Truslow and the Moorer's deteriorated:

Defendant and Defendant's family members accused defense council of conspiring with State prosecutors in an effort to have Defendant convicted, as well as other allegations.

Family members have gone so far as to contact the trial judge in this case with the allegation.

http://wpde.com/news/local/attorney...napping-heather-elvis-asks-to-be-off-the-case

bbm

We all saw this coming!

Truslow's disdain for ole' Sid was obvious during the trial, but I fail to see how that meant he conspired with the prosecution.

I think the Mrs.' phone call(s) to the trial judge was the downfall of the Truslow/Moorer relationship.

I'd be pissed, too.

I think the Mrs.' phone call(s) to the trial judge was the downfall of the Truslow/Moorer relationship.

I'd be pissed, too.
I think anyone in that family contacting Judge Dennis, especially considering the relationship with him from the past, is not okay. I can't think of a better thing to call it than inappropriate right now, but it just doesn't seem to me that it should be allowed. Please excuse all of my legal jargon.

I believe Ex Parte is contact with the Judge? From being a long time Family Friend, to shaking his hand on the hung jury, all of the animosity to the prosecution, and contact with the Judge by Family. HOW is this Judge still on the case? What a circus! Not proud of this case in SC at ALL!

Feels like yesterday...

Yes, 1460 + days ago.
Where is Heather?
Hey Sid & Tam, where did y'all put Heather? The truth will come out, slowly but surely it will come out. Think about your own children for once and give it up.
Either way, y'all will be sitting in the can for a very long, long time, so, don't heap this all on your kids cause that's exactly what's going to happen.
For once, do the right thing....

For beautiful Heather, you are loved and missed terribly, and one day you will be found. [emoji253][emoji285]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Ex Parte is contact with the Judge? From being a long time Family Friend, to shaking his hand on the hung jury, all of the animosity to the prosecution, and contact with the Judge by Family. HOW is this Judge still on the case? What a circus! Not proud of this case in SC at ALL!

I don't think there was ever any evidence of a connection between the Moorers and the judge, as far as I can recall that was purely speculation on this forum based on the fact that the judge and Sidney's father may have attended the same school at the same time.

That was one of the reasons the Elvis's tried to have the Judge recuse himself. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/30768...n-to-remove-judge-from-daughters-murder-trial
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/remove-markley-dennis

"The petition states that the family has undergone hardship by having to travel three hours round trip to the Charleston court where Judge Dennis presides for hearings in the case, forcing them to close their business while they travel.

The petition also claims that they were denied their right to speak at the last bond modification hearing, in which the Moorers were allowed to travel outside the state for work.

Finally, the petition states that Judge Dennis was a schoolmate of Sidney Moorer’s father, and the Elvis family questions Judge Dennis’s ability to be fair and impartial on the case. The petition argues the previous judge, Judge Johns, denied the Moorers bond, but Judge Dennis granted them both bond, and modifications to their bond allowing them to live and work out of state.
"

This started before this judge.

Does the state have a direction beyond dumping the murder charges and getting SM on obstruction? Because, 4 years is a long time.

[emoji33]

"A senior detective, Large worked for the Horry County Police Department from 1988 through July 31, 2015, when he was fired for sexual harassment, according to county records.

Large denies sexually assaulting anyone, though he has admitted to asking rape and domestic violence victims if they wanted to make money by participating in “catfighting,” bouts between scantily-clad or nude women that are recorded on video.

The former Horry County detective who was at the center of criminal allegations and lawsuits alleging misconduct was found dead Wednesday night, according to Horry County Councilman Johnny Vaught.

Details about the cause of Large's death were not immediately available."

http://m.wmbfnews.com/story/37240142/ua-push

^^^ link has more info

Large was an HCPD officer who was briefly involved with the investigation into HEs disappearance (although, I don't believe he was ever the lead detective or involved with the case for very long). His previous misconduct is also "the evidence" the Ms use to claim that HCPD -- in its entirety -- is corrupt. According to the Ms, Large botched the entire investigation and now they are "being framed" for Heather's disappearance to cover up his gross incompetence.

There hasn't been any info released about the details of his death yet. Even though there are more than a few who would likely wish him dead, his death could just as easily have been a suicide. However, it should be noted that a judge recently agreed to change his bond conditions -- he was no longer required to be monitored by GPS but still had a 7 o'clock curfew.

[emoji33]

"A senior detective, Large worked for the Horry County Police Department from 1988 through July 31, 2015, when he was fired for sexual harassment, according to county records.

Large denies sexually assaulting anyone, though he has admitted to asking rape and domestic violence victims if they wanted to make money by participating in “catfighting,” bouts between scantily-clad or nude women that are recorded on video.

The former Horry County detective who was at the center of criminal allegations and lawsuits alleging misconduct was found dead Wednesday night, according to Horry County Councilman Johnny Vaught.

^^^ link has more info

Large was an HCPD officer who was briefly involved with the investigation into HEs disappearance (although, I don't believe he was ever the lead detective or involved with the case for very long). His previous misconduct is also "the evidence" the Ms use to claim that HCPD -- in its entirety -- is corrupt. According to the Ms, Large botched the entire investigation and now they are "being framed" for Heather's disappearance to cover up his gross incompetence.

There hasn't been any info released about the details of his death yet. Even though there are more than a few who would likely wish him dead, his death could just as easily have been a suicide. However, it should be noted that a judge recently agreed to change his bond conditions -- he was no longer required to be monitored by GPS but still had a 7 o'clock curfew.

Oh wow.

And I can only imagine the Mrs. now.....

[emoji33]

^^^ link has more info

The linked article has now been updated - coroner has declared that Large died of natural causes.

Truslow got Moorer a hung jury on kidnapping but started conspiring with the State to get him convicted of obstruction of justice? Not the most rational reasoning. That family is crazy

Truslow got Moorer a hung jury on kidnapping but started conspiring with the State to get him convicted of obstruction of justice? Not the most rational reasoning. That family is crazy

Just a wee bit ...

Ugh, I wish the jailbird would chirp already .... where are you Heather??

Sharing a Google alert:

A 4 minute video with article.

Four years after arrests for Heather Elvis' disappearance, cases remain open
http://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-stra...vis-disappearance-cases-remain-open/985664035

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Four years ago this week, Horry County police seemed to have a break in the case of a missing woman. They announced in February 2014 the arrests of Sidney and Tammy Moorer. Prosecutors charged them with murdering and kidnapping Heather Elvis.
[.....]
The evidence presented in court was entirely circumstantial. Prosecutors never shared any physical evidence.
[.....]
No one tied to the case is allowed to speak about the case to the media due to a gag order.
[.....]
Sidney’s serving a ten year prison sentence for lying to police about his payphone a call with Heather. A jury convicted him of obstruction of justice. State prison records indicate he may be released as early as 2021.
Neither of the Moorers’ kidnapping trials has been scheduled.

:waiting:

Sharing a Google alert:

http://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-stra...vis-disappearance-cases-remain-open/985664035

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Four years ago this week, Horry County police seemed to have a break in the case of a missing woman. They announced in February 2014 the arrests of Sidney and Tammy Moorer. Prosecutors charged them with murdering and kidnapping Heather Elvis.
[.....]
The evidence presented in court was entirely circumstantial. Prosecutors never shared any physical evidence.
[.....]
No one tied to the case is allowed to speak about the case to the media due to a gag order.
[.....]
Sidney’s serving a ten year prison sentence for lying to police about his payphone a call with Heather. A jury convicted him of obstruction of justice. State prison records indicate he may be released as early as 2021.

I still think the gag order isn't helping.

Sharing a Google alert:

[.....]
[.....]
[.....]

Thanks for sharing.

I was just thinking about her case the other day. Prayers for her and her family.

Its so frustrating when everyone knows who the responsible people are and they are not held accountable.

Glad the obstruction case was proven and when the next trial gets underway all the jury has to ask themselves is why would he have obstructed justice. There is only one answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back