GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy will be on 20/20 Friday night!

I cannot believe she is dumb enough to talk. Isn’t anything she says used against her if they charge her again for murder (which I believe they will).

IIRC, it will be the same event therefore double jeopardy would apply to her.

I just don’t know if I can watch it. I hope the general public will see through her. We all know so much about the case, but a lot of people that will watch tomorrow night won’t know anything other than what is presented in the show. I’m glad they will be having friends of Heather’s on too.

I just don’t know if I can watch it. I hope the general public will see through her. We all know so much about the case, but a lot of people that will watch tomorrow night won’t know anything other than what is presented in the show. I’m glad they will be having friends of Heather’s on too.

It's been awhile since I've watched 20/20, but I don't remember them ever really editing someone like Tammy in a sympathetic way. I'm hoping with the guilty verdict that they will portray her as the villain she is.

She was never tried for murder, so double jeopardy would not apply. She can still incriminate herself. (Go for it, Tammy!)

Thanks, it was my understanding from lawyers previously that if it was the same event that it happened, it could not be charged for a different charge. I'm not extremely clear on Double Jeopardy but that is the way I understood it from a long time ago from a lawyer here that was posting if I recall correctly.

@Mrspratcher
@gitana1
@Alethea
@Bill Carson
@amandaa

Are any of the above lawyers following this case? If somebody is charged with kidnapping, and found guilty( or not guilty) and later they find the body or have new evidence to prove murder which was during the same event, can they file another charge of murder?

Thanks, it was my understanding from lawyers previously that if it was the same event that it happened, it could not be charged for a different charge. I'm not extremely clear on Double Jeopardy but that is the way I understood it from a long time ago from a lawyer here that was posting if I recall correctly.

@Mrspratcher
@gitana1
@Alethea
@Bill Carson
@amandaa

Are any of the above lawyers following this case? If somebody is charged with kidnapping, and found guilty( or not guilty) and later they find the body or have new evidence to prove murder which was during the same event, can they file another charge of murder?

According to this, they can be charged with murder if they obtain evidence she was murdered

Criminal Procedure: Law and Practice

She was never tried for murder, so double jeopardy would not apply. She can still incriminate herself. (Go for it, Tammy!)
That's correct. She is not immune from murder charges in the future. They dropped the murder charge previously but are free to charge her when/if they have enough evidence to do so, with no statute of limitations.

Can someone refresh my memory. I don't remember any testimony by somebody at Facebook, or any search warrant returns for Facebook information. It was just the opposite I thought of emails and verification of such. I didn't see anything on the stand from Facebook that was verified from the company.

I don't recall a witness taking the stand from Facebook but Carmen Rodriguez testified she monitored the defendant's facebook. She read one of TM's postings.

“[Tammy Moorer] was putting different things [on social media] that it was just a hop skip and jump in the backseat of the car,” Rodriguez told the court.

“She is coming in complaining about her children being harassed and in the same breath, she is calling [Heather Elvis] a psycho *advertiser censored*,” Senior Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay said.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/10/wife-...husbands-lover-claims-they-had-open-marriage/

This article from February 2014 states the department was following her facebook closely from early on:

Rhodes said the department paid particular attention to the Moorers early on, even keeping tabs of their social media pages, where the Moorers talked about trips they were taking out-of-state.

“Throughout the process of the investigation, when the Moorers did leave the area, we were very much aware of where they were at all times, so we were coordinating with other agencies throughout the course of the investigation,” Rhodes said.

Couple charged with murder in Heather Elvis case

I don't recall a witness taking the stand from Facebook but Carmen Rodriguez testified she monitored the defendant's facebook. She read one of TM's postings.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/10/wife-...husbands-lover-claims-they-had-open-marriage/

This article from February 2014 states the department was following her facebook closely from early on:

Rhodes said the department paid particular attention to the Moorers early on, even keeping tabs of their social media pages, where the Moorers talked about trips they were taking out-of-state.

“Throughout the process of the investigation, when the Moorers did leave the area, we were very much aware of where they were at all times, so we were coordinating with other agencies throughout the course of the investigation,” Rhodes said.

Couple charged with murder in Heather Elvis case

Thanks, that supports what I was thinking. That law enforcement did not do a subpoena on Facebook that was presented during the trial. They merely followed it along with the rest of us.

From what I thought, they can still get everything deleted from her account. Remember when they use to say whatever you wrote on twitter, facebook etc...was there forever. Maybe not?

ABC News’ ‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT)

‘20/20’ FEATURES FIRST INTERVIEW WITH TAMMY MOORER JUST DAYS AFTER SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY OF KIDNAPPING HER HUSBAND’S FORMER MISTRESS,
HEATHER ELVIS, WHO HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE 2013

‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC

This week Tammy Moorer was found guilty of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, her husband’s former mistress who has been missing since 2013. Just days earlier, she sat down with ABC News senior national correspondent Matt Gutman for her first television interview. Tammy continues to claim that she and her husband, Sidney, were not involved in Heather’s disappearance. The hour also includes interviews with Heather’s friends Jessica Cooke, Jodi Davenport and Deborah Woods, who speak out on Heather’s relationship with Sidney. “20/20” airs on Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01–11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

Twenty-year-old Heather was working at a local Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, restaurant when she met Sidney, a 38-year-old husband and father of three. The two became romantically involved; but in October 2013, prosecutors say Tammy uncovered the affair. According to Heather’s friends, Tammy began to text and call Heather, warning her to stay away from her husband and family. Tammy denies these allegations. On the evening of Dec. 17, 2013, Heather seemed to be moving on from Sidney and was out on a date with someone new. Then, according to authorities, after a phone conversation with Sidney later that night, Heather got into her car and drove to a remote river landing. Authorities say that at the same time a truck that matched the one owned by Sidney and Tammy was captured on surveillance cameras driving toward the same landing and then was seen driving back a short time later. Sidney has since been convicted of obstruction of justice and was tried for kidnapping, but a mistrial was declared. Sidney is still facing charges on kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. Tammy has been sentenced to two 30-year sentences in prison, served concurrently, in connection to Heather’s disappearance.

ABC News’ ‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT)

‘20/20’ FEATURES FIRST INTERVIEW WITH TAMMY MOORER JUST DAYS AFTER SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY OF KIDNAPPING HER HUSBAND’S FORMER MISTRESS,
HEATHER ELVIS, WHO HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE 2013

‘20/20’ Airs Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01 – 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC

This week Tammy Moorer was found guilty of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, her husband’s former mistress who has been missing since 2013. Just days earlier, she sat down with ABC News senior national correspondent Matt Gutman for her first television interview. Tammy continues to claim that she and her husband, Sidney, were not involved in Heather’s disappearance. The hour also includes interviews with Heather’s friends Jessica Cooke, Jodi Davenport and Deborah Woods, who speak out on Heather’s relationship with Sidney. “20/20” airs on Friday, Oct. 26 (10:01–11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

Twenty-year-old Heather was working at a local Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, restaurant when she met Sidney, a 38-year-old husband and father of three. The two became romantically involved; but in October 2013, prosecutors say Tammy uncovered the affair. According to Heather’s friends, Tammy began to text and call Heather, warning her to stay away from her husband and family. Tammy denies these allegations. On the evening of Dec. 17, 2013, Heather seemed to be moving on from Sidney and was out on a date with someone new. Then, according to authorities, after a phone conversation with Sidney later that night, Heather got into her car and drove to a remote river landing. Authorities say that at the same time a truck that matched the one owned by Sidney and Tammy was captured on surveillance cameras driving toward the same landing and then was seen driving back a short time later. Sidney has since been convicted of obstruction of justice and was tried for kidnapping, but a mistrial was declared. Sidney is still facing charges on kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. Tammy has been sentenced to two 30-year sentences in prison, served concurrently, in connection to Heather’s disappearance.
So much for her having no communication with anyone for two weeks (not even a book).

Searching if police can get deleted information from facebook, I found this on a google search. Other articles I read said it would have to be something like a murder in order to move them to do so. Sorry no link. It was at the top of the page on the google search I did.

It may be technically possible for them to retrieve it however facebook would have to provide this to them. The police themselves would not have any ability to access adeleted account. Facebook would not provide them the information without a court order, they would not just provide it upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214