GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the intent was in buying the pregnancy test for Heather, but whatever it was, I don't think it ever happened. I think that pregnancy test likely ended up in the dumpster at Longbeard's, still in the box, with Heather.
Yeah, I don't know the intent either. I've just seen people commenting they thought the Moorers forced her to take it, and TM went into a fit of rage because of the results. We all want to know what happened that night, but I think that particular train of thought (successfully forcing her to take the test) is improbable.

I don't think we will ever know the truth about that night and the pregnancy test. MOO, only two of the three people are alive to tell about it. Seems like if Bre is questioned during testimony about Heather being pregnant, the defense would oppose the questioning as hear-say. I'm sure one of our attorneys can answer that better, dot dot dot, :)rolleyes:). Seriously, if you don't know about the dot,dot,dot, you need to go back and watch- it gives you a little glimpse into the mindset of TM. Poor HE, just a young girl trying to become an adult, getting mixed up with a very disturbed couple. (JMO)

Ok I missed this somehow, but there was only two times Tammy contacted Heather, both on Nov, 2nd, the same day that Tammy and Sidney stopped talking! So I do believe that is when Tammy DID discover Heather, but how she found out, still not sure.

There were only two times that Tammy's phone was used to call Heather (and both times Tammy blocked her number from showing). It's likely she contacted Heather other times using Sidney's phone.

As for how she found out about the affair, it could have been as simple as looking at Sidney's phone.

It sounds like she sent text messages to Heather before calling her:

"Someone's about to get their a-- beat down.. your b--- is about to take his last breath," a Nov. 1, 2013 message from Tammy Moorer read, according to prosecutors. "You can tell me where you are right now or I will find out another way... that way won't have a great turn out for you... I am giving you one last chance to answer before we meet in person.. only one."

The same day, Elvis reportedly received another message that read, "I've been having Sidney followed since Jan. 2012.. it's best you call back and speak to me, save yourself. Hey ...... you ready to meet the MRS?"

Elvis reportedly responded, "I think you are a little obsessed with me. I'm nobody you need to worry about anymore.

Report: Missing SC woman had relationship with murder suspect

I thought I had posted this earlier. I do believe the pregnancy test was for Heather and this is why. When LE first talked to SM he never mentioned buying the test or being at WalMart, he didn't mention it until it was known to LE that he bought it. If it were for TM he would have said that was where he was and what he was doing that night - it would have been part of his alibi. Once it was discovered the M's had to say it was for TM. JMO

I thought I had posted this earlier. I do believe the pregnancy test was for Heather and this is why. When LE first talked to SM he never mentioned buying the test or being at WalMart, he didn't mention it until it was known to LE that he bought it. If it were for TM he would have said that was where he was and what he was doing that night - it would have been part of his alibi. Once it was discovered the M's had to say it was for TM. JMO

Excellent point, and I hope the State includes this in their closing statement!

Hey!

Well, according to my notes on 10/8/18 - the State is going to be calling Sid.

Only one more day for the trial to continue....
bored-smiley.gif

Hiya Niner! I looked back through the first thread and can only find the tweets/mentions of TM's attnys telling the judge Sid may testify and asking if he could be in street clothes while doing so (which was denied). I can't find that part on a video to see if they say which side plans to call him, do you know where it originally came from saying it's the state that may call him?

Hiya Niner! I looked back through the first thread and can only find the tweets/mentions of TM's attnys telling the judge Sid may testify and asking if he could be in street clothes while doing so (which was denied). I can't find that part on a video to see if they say which side plans to call him, do you know where it originally came from saying it's the state that may call him?

Well.... let me look back....

There's been some talk on here about TM and SM forcing Heather to take the pregnancy test. I'm just wondering how that would work, exactly. I can't pee on command; I don't know if other people can do that, but I cannot. Assuming other people can, and specifically Heather, then what? If she was reluctant, would one of them hold her down in a squatting position while the other held the stick under her to catch a urine sample on a very small test stick? I can't imagine that. There's precision involved in taking a pregnancy test. So Heather, who's afraid of Tammy, would have agreed to be perfectly still in that moment, and just pee on a pregnancy test? I'm not saying they didn't plan to force her; I just don't think it's plausible they would have been able to.

I agree. urinating on demand, if bladder is not ready, must be difficult.
In Doctors surgeries, when they require a urine sample for testing, I cannot provide a sample, 'on the spot'.
On one occasion, instead of coming back with my sample when I was ready, I sat there, drinking 3 glasses of water, one after another, and waited. It is not 'automatic by demand', I would think. MOO.

@geevee - found it! It was in this article - 2nd paragraph:

There’s talk of Sidney Moorer testifying at Tammy Moorer’s trial. Here’s the latest

The trial for Moorer, who, like her husband, is charged in connection to the 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis, will begin in earnest on Tuesday after pre-trial motions and jury selection wrapped up Monday. The state could call Sidney Moorer, who is also accused in the case, to testify at his wife’s trial.

Thank you for finding that Niner, really appreciate it! :)

Yes, Bri did testify, and said nothing about them discussing pregnancy. It's very hard to reconcile what she said about their conversation (that he told her he wanted to get back together and she was upset because she was finally moving on) with him buying a pregnancy test and luring her out.

I remember that Bri was very protective of Heather, and it clearly showed in her answers when she was questioned by Truslow. The last picture taken of Heather was from the night she went out on the date, and he was teaching her to drive a stick shift. That picture is at the link below.
Heather Elvis vigil held in South Carolina as former lover and wife are charged | Daily Mail Online

Great find! I like how the videos are broken down. I'm going to try to watch all of Bri's testimony to refresh my memory. In the meantime, I transcribed the part where Bri tells the jury what Heather said to her during the phone call that night in case anyone wants to reference it, specifically.

NL: Tell this jury exactly what she [Heather] said to you.

BW: She called me crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she didn’t want to tell me. She said, “nothing.” I said, “what’s wrong?” She said, “Sidney called me.” I said, “why did you answer?” She said, “it wasn’t his phone number.” And I said, “well, why did you answer a blocked call?” And she said, “it wasn’t; it was an ‘843’ number.” And I said, “what did he want?” She said he said that he missed his, or that he left his wife, that he missed her, as in Heather, that he wanted to see her and be with her. And uh (sigh), I got angry, and I said, “don’t do it. You’re finally moving on with your life. You’re happy . . . again. You’re yourself again.” So then I changed the subject, and we started talking about how her date taught her to drive a manual transmission. And I said, “now, you can finally learn how to drive in my car.” I asked her if she was going to see Stephen again, and how it went, and she became like a little school girl and all excited talking about Stephen. She said that she was supposed to see him the next day after he got off work, and she didn’t know what they were going to do, but she just wanted to spend time with him. At the end of the conversation, I asked her if she was planning on seeing Sidney, and she told me that she was going to go to sleep and think on it.

Oh wow! Okay, so I've forgotten so much from Bri's testimony. Immediately after she tells the jury about the phone call, Nancy asks her if Heather ever talked about moving out of Horry County. Bri talks about one time when Sidney mentioned going for a job interview in Florida, and he told Heather he was going to try to get a house with a spare bedroom or guest house. SM wanted Heather to be their live-in nanny, so they could be together!

I'm not sure how I forgot about that story, but what kind of sick person is Sidney Moorer?!

Oh wow! Okay, so I've forgotten so much from Bri's testimony. Immediately after she tells the jury about the phone call, Nancy asks her if Heather ever talked about moving out of Horry County. Bri talks about one time when Sidney mentioned going for a job interview in Florida, and he told Heather he was going to try to get a house with a spare bedroom or guest house. SM wanted Heather to be their live-in nanny, so they could be together!

I'm not sure how I forgot about that story, but what kind of sick person is Sidney Moorer?!

Perhaps we may find out on the stand, to his answers with appropriate questions by Prosecutors.
Not too long to wait. MOO.

Regarding Heather's potential pregnancy:

Around 6:05 in the video, Truslow asks Bri about her previously-made statement that Heather had put on some weight and thought maybe she was pregnant. Heather had taken a pregnancy test, which came back with an ERROR. He asks Bri if she recalls making the statement that after that period of time in December, Heather got her period, to which Bri replied, "she did spot, before I left for school, or before I left for winter break. As far as tampons, or anything along that line, there were none in the trash before I left, and I'm the one that usually clean(s) the bathroom."

Great find! I like how the videos are broken down. I'm going to try to watch all of Bri's testimony to refresh my memory. In the meantime, I transcribed the part where Bri tells the jury what Heather said to her during the phone call that night in case anyone wants to reference it, specifically.

NL: Tell this jury exactly what she [Heather] said to you.

BW: She called me crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she didn’t want to tell me. She said, “nothing.” I said, “what’s wrong?” She said, “Sidney called me.” I said, “why did you answer?” She said, “it wasn’t his phone number.” And I said, “well, why did you answer a blocked call?” And she said, “it wasn’t; it was an ‘843’ number.” And I said, “what did he want?” She said he said that he missed his, or that he left his wife, that he missed her, as in Heather, that he wanted to see her and be with her. And uh (sigh), I got angry, and I said, “don’t do it. You’re finally moving on with your life. You’re happy . . . again. You’re yourself again.” So then I changed the subject, and we started talking about how her date taught her to drive a manual transmission. And I said, “now, you can finally learn how to drive in my car.” I asked her if she was going to see Stephen again, and how it went, and she became like a little school girl and all excited talking about Stephen. She said that she was supposed to see him the next day after he got off work, and she didn’t know what they were going to do, but she just wanted to spend time with him. At the end of the conversation, I asked her if she was planning on seeing Sidney, and she told me that she was going to go to sleep and think on it.

BBM
I'm very curious about this. If his number was blocked would it show up on any call logs.... hers or his? I bet Heather also had TM's number blocked too. They had to find a way to contact her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member