GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi miraculousmandarin.
Pleased you're Posting, and out of your lurking mode.:):)
Yes, she possibly got involved with SM. being unaware, of where it may lead. MOO.
Thanks! I have another question though... If you look at the weather data for the 18th-20th in December of 2013, it was pretty cold for that part of the country (lows in the 30's). Is there any evidence that she had on clothing (or was clothing missing from her house) that would indicate she intended on being outside in the cold for any extended period of time? If not she might have been planning on ending up somewhere indoors when she left the house.

Something new today I don’t recall hearing before is that one of the detectives saw the empty box of a pregnancy test at Heather’s apartment. Would like to know if it is the same brand as the one Sydney was on camera purchasing at Walmart? Is there a photograph of it or video or is the brand on the Walmart receipt? If it is the same they need to bring that witness back and show her a pregnancy test box just like what she saw and the one Sydney bought and put it into evidence.

Last edited:
This Judge seems nice enough, but man does he take his time. He takes so many flipping breaks and ends court so early. If I were on the jury I think I would be a bit annoyed; I would prefer to come in earlier and stay later versus coming in for more days. Sheesh.

Not trying to blame TE or anything, but I do wonder why he would not just let them take the car for processing... If my child was missing, I would think I would tell them to do whatever they need.

Of course, I do think he has anything to do with her disappearance I just am trying to understand why he felt the need to have them come to the home versus allow them to take it.
I really think that he thought Heather was off with friends somewhere and he didn't want LE to find something in her car like weed or booze...jmo.

Something new today I don’t recall hearing before is that one of the detectives saw the empty box of a pregnancy test at Heather’s apartment. Would like to know if it is the same brand as the one he purchased at Walmart? Is there a photograph of it?

I don't know if they photographed the box but they did not collect it as evidence.

Something new today I don’t recall hearing before is that one of the detectives saw the empty box of a pregnancy test at Heather’s apartment. Would like to know if it is the same brand as the one he purchased at Walmart? Is there a photograph of it?

That is a really good point hbone.:):)
Hope Prosecution thinks of this.

This Judge seems nice enough, but man does he take his time. He takes so many flipping breaks and ends court so early. If I were on the jury I think I would be a bit annoyed; I would prefer to come in earlier and stay later versus coming in for more days. Sheesh.

Probably by law they need to take a 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon and at least a 1/2 hour to an hour lunch break.

They ask that jurors to arrive something after 9:00am so that the court workers can get in and park, then the mass of jurors arrives so they usually aren't asked to arrive until 9:00 or 9:15am.

By the time the lawyers show up, everyone is seated, they don't start until 9:30am 10:00am.

I agree but it can be exhausting being in court all day. If extra breaks and shorter days means the jury will be more alert and retain important information better, then I'm all for it!

I really think that he thought Heather was off with friends somewhere and he didn't want LE to find something in her car like weed or booze...jmo.

Agree. At that point, I don't think he even know who the Moorers were, did he? Had no clue about her affair with SM?

From what we know of TE, he wasn't the obsessive crime watchers we are, so he probably wasn't thinking in the "foul play" direction....yet.

Not trying to blame TE or anything, but I do wonder why he would not just let them take the car for processing... If my child was missing, I would think I would tell them to do whatever they need.

Of course, I do think he has anything to do with her disappearance I just am trying to understand why he felt the need to have them come to the home versus allow them to take it.

As a parent, I kind of wonder if he didn't want them to move it in case she returned to the landing for whatever reason. If he thought she dropped it there to go out with friends and was just unreachable for cell issues, he could have thought "I'll leave her car here for when she returns, so that she isn't stranded at this creepy boat landing."

I’m still trying to figure out the Moorer’s thought process with the pregnancy test. I can’t see them accosting HE, forcing her to take the test, and THEN making a decision on what to do next. What if the test came up negative? In my mind, TM was out for blood that night, and positive or negative, she was going to make HE disappear. So was the test meant to help TM convince SM that she (Heather) and her potential baby would potentially become permanent (and, to TM, unacceptable) parts of their lives if they didn’t do what needed to be done?

Probably by law they need to take a 15 minutes break in the morning and afternoon and at least a 1/2 hour to an hour lunch break.

They ask that jurors to arrive something after 9:00am so that the court workers can get in and park, then the mass of jurors arrives so they usually aren't asked to arrive until 9:00 or 9:15am.

By the time the lawyers show up, everyone is seated, they don't start until 9:30am 10:00am.
Your break suggestions sound well &
good but the reality of it is everyone needs those breaks. This Judge is doing a phenomenal job overall. Those Court employees & the jurors all deserve ample breaks to use the restroom or whatever they need to do. Your suggestion that they allow 30 minutes for lunch is really not enough time. Think about the people that do this day in and day out as well.
In order to pay attention and stay alert after sitting there all day – they all need breaks. Perhaps they can start a little earlier or stay a little later to get on through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member