GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a ridiculous notion, anyway. How many grown men kill their 20-year-old daughters after she, as evidence proved, went on a good date, went home, called her roommate, received a call from her illicit lover, and left her apartment?

Or even without all that, how many grown men simply murder their own 20-year-old daughter??

BBM

According to this article, not many:

Parents who do the unthinkable -- kill their children

"A USA TODAY examination of more than three decades of FBI homicide data shows that on average, 450 children are killed every year by their parents. Northeastern University criminologists applied statistical models to the records. USA TODAY analyzed the database for a detailed look at who kills, who is killed and how. Several patterns are apparent:
  • The vast majority of child victims – three out of four – are under 5. More than a third of all victims are under a year old.
  • Nearly half of all victims died from physical beatings or other injuries at a parent's hands.
  • Fathers are more likely to kill. Men killed six out 10 children, most often beating or shooting them. Fathers were at fault in 75% of cases when children were shot to death by a parent and in 64% of cases when a child was beaten. "Violence is a masculine pursuit," says Jack Levin, a Northeastern University criminologist.
  • When mothers kill, they are far more likely to kill victims under the age of 1 than children of any other age. Nearly 40% of all children killed by their mothers were less than a year old."

Interesting about the cement mix.
There was quite a bit of driveway work done at various times. The problem is trying to find photos before and after her going missing that could prove a certain area of the residence had a bunch of concrete poured shortly after her going missing.

LE could get access to ground penetrating radar and if it can be proven there was concrete work done then it would be good to use ground penetrating radar to search those areas.

Wow.
What a possibility you raise.
Hope this line of thinking has been investigated.:)

It's a ridiculous notion, anyway. How many grown men kill their 20-year-old daughters after she, as evidence proved, went on a good date, went home, called her roommate, received a call from her illicit lover, and left her apartment?

Or even without all that, how many grown men simply murder their own 20-year-old daughter??

And not to mention, Heather texted her father the photo of her driving a manual transmission earlier that night. That tells me that despite whatever difficulties they may have had in the past, they were in a good place at that time.

And how would they have communicated with each other since there were no records of Heather calling or texting her dad during that evening?

And not to mention, Heather texted her father the photo of her driving a manual transmission earlier that night. That tells me that despite whatever difficulties they may have had in the past, they were in a good place at that time.
Yes, and if I recall correctly she popped around to pick her mail up that morning (of her disappearance), or it may have been the day before!! (?)

Yes! A few quotes up (sorry I didn't quote it) mentioned how would TE and Heather been in contact because there were no phone records showing their two phones connected .. how would TE know where she was? Why would Heather have called the payphone and Sid's phone only to meet up with her father?? It's all so annoying .. I hope the jury is thinking along the same lines as we are ..

Not trying to blame TE or anything, but I do wonder why he would not just let them take the car for processing... If my child was missing, I would think I would tell them to do whatever they need.

Of course, I do think he has anything to do with her disappearance I just am trying to understand why he felt the need to have them come to the home versus allow them to take it.

During this cross examination, the witness stated the seat appeared to have been left in same position as when Heather last drove it. He was asked how tall she was and he thought around 5 feet tall.

I just looked at Sidney's inmate information. He's listed as 5'8. So likely he would have had to move the seat back to drive Heather's car (though he could have easily moved it forward later).

Not trying to blame TE or anything, but I do wonder why he would not just let them take the car for processing... If my child was missing, I would think I would tell them to do whatever they need.

Of course, I do think he has anything to do with her disappearance I just am trying to understand why he felt the need to have them come to the home versus allow them to take it.

The witness from this morning said it was the only thing they had of Heather's, thus they wanted to hang on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member