GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now y'all make sure you take a shower because of all the smut that we heard today:

SmileyBath.gif~c200

(turn on the sound)

biggrin.gif

(I posted this is another thread today, but it seems appropriate for this thread, IMO)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you YESorNO. :):):)
Just wonderful.
We certainly need laughs.

The other reason (in addition to fear) I think SM may not flip and testify is that it’s hard and bold to do that. Jason Autry (Holly Bobo trail) is arrogant and smug (IMO). SM strikes me as timid and quiet, exact opposite of TM (gag) so it would take courage to admit his own guilt AND turn on her after all the years. Big big courage. If y’all pray and want to pray then pray for courage bc that’s what it’s going to take to get THE TRUTH. If TM is convicted, there is still no Heather and very little answers to what really happened.

IMO

Off my soapbox and off to find more wine.

The other reason (in addition to fear) I think SM may not flip and testify is that it’s hard and bold to do that. Jason Autry (Holly Bobo trail) is arrogant and smug (IMO). SM strikes me as timid and quiet, exact opposite of TM (gag) so it would take courage to admit his own guilt AND turn on her after all the years. Big big courage. If y’all pray and want to pray then pray for courage bc that’s what it’s going to take to get THE TRUTH. If TM is convicted, there is still no Heather and very little answers to what really happened.

IMO

Off my soapbox and off to find more wine.

He really hates the prison he's in, right? Very fearful? Wasn't he trying to get moved? Maybe that could be a selling point.....

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is there anywhere to read the transcripts rather than watch the videos or read tweets? Thanks

Nope. The court reporter will eventually produce trial transcripts and certify them but that is done after the trial is over and it would not be made available to the public (and certainly not for free.).

He really hates the prison he's in, right? Very fearful? Wasn't he trying to get moved? Maybe that could be a selling point.....

The state would not offer a plea deal to Sidney at this point in the trial of someone else (his wife). And even if Sid was willing to accept a plea deal, that doesn't guarantee Tammy would be convicted. And *she* is not going to take a plea, nor do I believe the state would offer her one.

Plus, he's up for parole, and he'll probably get it so he'd be out of prison early anyway.

I just don't see this happening in this way in the middle of this trial.

However, incarcerated inmates rarely look fondly on inmates that testify against other defendants. Testifying would likely make his time in prison harder, not easier. I'm not sure that a judge has any say so on where a prisoner does their time (maybe this just depends on the State though)

He'd be charged with Felony Murder, which is First Degree Murder as well as Conspiracy to commit murder. Decades in prison, possibly up to life without parole.

I have seen co-conspirators who actually participated in the murder (beating a man to death) get a 5 year sentence for testifying against the ringleader. If - and this is a big if - Sidney agreed to testify against Tammy, I could see him getting a deal with a shorter sentence recommendation, especially if he has some proof that lays the blame at Tammy’s feet.

15 years, for example, isn’t a death sentence...and he could potentially have been afraid Tammy would give him up. I’m not confident that’s the case, as they stuck together for years and TM didn’t throw Sidney under the bus via her FB mouthpiece, as I imagine she would have, had he turned

If he is on the Prosecution Witness List (I thought that’s what I read but do we have proof?) wouldn’t that mean they feel his testimony will help their case? Otherwise wouldn’t he just be a Defense Witness to corroborate her story? I’m trying to see the angle here with him as a prosecution witness. Anyone know where the info came that he was on the witness list for prosecution? TIA

I have seen co-conspirators who actually participated in the murder (beating a man to death) get a 5 year sentence for testifying against the ringleader. If - and this is a big if - Sidney agreed to testify against Tammy, I could see him getting a deal with a shorter sentence recommendation, especially if he has some proof that lays the blame at Tammy’s feet.

I guess the question is, "does the state have enough evidence to convict both of them for kidnapping?" And importantly, does the state have enough to convict TM in this current trial? If yes, there's no need for the state to offer a plea for his testimony. If no, then one wonders why the state brought TM's case to trial in the first place, and before securing such a plea deal?

Sid already had one hung jury for his kidnapping trial. The most they've gotten on him so far is obstruction and he'll be out soon.

Just a couple of tweets (that were tweeted 7 minutes ago) from Marissa Tansino:

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 7m7 minutes ago
During cross examination in Warrelmann's testimony, the defense pointed out bottles of alcohol in photos of her apartment she shared with Heather and asked Warrelmann about Heather going to bars underage - she said it was her understanding Heather knew someone to get in.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 7m7 minutes ago
Court today wrapped up just after 6 o'clock. The trial continues tomorrow. Here's a recap of what happened in the courtroom today:

d7VSkb6X

‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me:’ Content of text messages focus of day seven of Tammy Moorer trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState