GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.... up and getting ready to head back to hospital, but I will be popping in here until my phone dies...lol... What a screwed up day yesterday at the same time kind of exciting. Can't wait to see what today brings. Thanks again to all of you who keep us updated. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

TM’s mother also made statements early on about what they were doing somewhere there is a newscast of her saying they were home with her all night because they had to get up early for work?? Can’t find it now...will keep looking. In it she was driving out of the courthouse parking lot. Possibly around the time that the Moorer’s were originally arrested.

I was able to find another written article however that states “Polly Caison said the truck police referred to never left the yard and that police didn’t spend enough time looking for other suspects, but instead targeted the Moorers, whose home sits behind the Caison home on the same property off Secondary Highway 814.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article16668338.htm

I am sure we could find so many more articles such as these. How come statements made to the news reporters by witnesses can’t be used in a trial???

Finally found the video. Hope I’m linking stuff properly, please advise if I am not.
She says that they are innocent because she was with them...didn’t her daughter say she was sleeping???

Polly Caison speaks on behalf of daughter Tammy Moorer

Last edited:
While I'm glad all the witnesses were dismissed, I'm also disappointed we won't hear a cross examination of all of them. I think that would have been more effective than not hearing from them at all.
I agree. And the more I think about it, the more I wonder if the State not putting SM on the stand was a mistake. I know they said they didn't want to waste the court's time, because of his plan to plead the 5th to every question, but I keep thinking about the jury and how that would've looked to them. You plead the 5th as to not incriminate yourself. If you haven't done anything incriminating, you have no reason to plead the 5th. Even the simplest of minds can use deductive reasoning. He would've looked so guilty doing that. I guess maybe the concern was whether it would have also made TM look guilty, since she's the defendant after all.

Finally found the video. Hope I’m linking stuff properly, please advise if I am not.
She says that they are innocent because she was with them...didn’t her daughter say she was sleeping???

Google Image Result for https://cf-images.us-east-1.prod.boltdns.net/v1/static/5618154290001/a486c41f-dd73-4b79-98ed-afc8279e0667/ab86b0cf-24de-4ba6-84d9-53c2d7e2f230/1280x720/match/image.jpg
Good morning @Justice-seeker. You linked it as an image instead of a video. You can link a video by clicking on the icon that looks like a pair of film strips. On mine, that section goes (from left to right): Smilies, Image, Media. Media is the one with the film strips, and that's the one you want to use for video. I'm pretty sure. Ha! I'm slowly getting the hang of our new platform here. :)

Good morning @Justice-seeker. You linked it as an image instead of a video. You can link a video by clicking on the icon that looks like a pair of film strips. On mine, that section goes (from left to right): Smilies, Image, Media. Media is the one with the film strips, and that's the one you want to use for video. I'm pretty sure. Ha! I'm slowly getting the hang of our new platform here. :)
Thank you!!

Good Morning Folks! Does court start at 9 am?If so I have 15 mins to bus some suds ( wash dishes) and then I am back to watch!
Good morning!

The judge normally tells the jurors to be there by 9:15, with the intent that court is to start around 9:30. Many times, the court hasn't started until a bit after that.

Hot off the presses! Okay, lukewarm off the presses; I was too tired to post it last night. From another WS member/verified expert/friend who has been in the courtroom, here's the info that doesn't overlap the great stuff given to us by yupikgirl:
  1. It was said that McGowan, who had the laptop in the room where the witnesses were sequestered, has been working with PC for months. Don't ask me what "working with" means. That's all the info I have on that, other than to say that's part of what we couldn't hear when the mics weren't on.
  2. Despite the sequestration, TM and her kids have been "romping around" the courtroom during breaks all week.
  3. There was talk about CM's testimony regarding the judge's orders and how he changed his story on the stand about what they were seeing on the laptop. Was it the current case? A different case? And how would he know what he heard, if like he testified, he had his earbuds in the entire time?
  4. Dateline and 20/20 have been there covering the case, so they can do stories on Heather to get her some exposure again! <-- MY FAVORITE INFO!

Great news about Dateline and 20/20!

As far as what CM said, I thought he said that what was being discussed was a former case.....I don't think he contradicted himself. I didn't believe him, but I don't think he said two different things. JMO. And I agree, if he had his earbuds in the whole time, how would he hear anyway?

Good morning!

The judge normally tells the jurors to be there by 9:15, with the intent that court is to start around 9:30. Many times, the court hasn't started until a bit after that.
I thought I heard the judge say 11:30, maybe I heard him wrong?

Polly Caison speaks on behalf of daughter Tammy Moorer

<modsnipped information from social media- please read our social media rules for more information>

So, was she with them? Sleeping? Was the truck there at 3:30 but not 3:45? Who gets up and immediately checks outside to see what's going on at the neighboring house, even if it is your family?<modsnipped> MOO.

Good morning! This post lands at random:

Posting guidelines:

Do not:

*Accuse others, who have not been charged, of culpability, involvement and knowledge in the crime

*post sweeping negative generalizations bashing the whole family

*name call, name variations, derogatory/demeaning titles

Do:

*use initials for witnesses as often as possible

*take discussion against TOS to the unmoderated 'conversation' area where 2o members can be invited (do not hint or post asking for an invite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz