GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t catch what the judge said when the state asked if the juror excused could talk to them and stuff maybe someone could give me a recap on that because this particular AlterNet will probably be hanging around the courthouse the entire day

I’m doing talk to text so hopefully you can figure out what I’m saying I’m talking about the alternate juror that was excused

I hope the jurors get this right.

Heather and her loved ones deserve justice.

Can y'all imagine how incredibly obnoxious TM will be online if she's found not guilty?

More than online. She's going to be out for revenge one way or another. She's going after LE and Horry County I have no doubt, if she's found not guilty she'll be far worse out in society. She's not the type to go quietly in either direction.

I worry for the community.

Hi everyone!!!! Sending positive thoughts and love to the Elvis family today!! and to all of us who have stood by them thru all this. I know we are all hoping for the same outcome and justice!! If someone would be so kind to send me a PM once they have come to a verdict? I am going to be in and out of my office today and I will get the PM via email :) not that I expect it to come today, but whichever day it happens!!! TIA!!

Could that mess with the possibility of a guilty verdict? Have the alternatives had to listen to the whole trial, too? Or were the absent?
Alternates sit in the jury box and get to hear the entire trial. I'm a bit concerned with the other alternate being dismissed. If another alternate gets sick there could be a problem. It seemed as if half the courtroom yesterday was coughing and sniffling.

When I followed the Jodi Arias case for awhile, during that trial there were some people who had themselves so worked up they were almost hysterical. They imagined Arias would be coming to get them (yes anonymous posters on the Internet). They imagined the jury acquitting her, they imagined the judge letting her off. It got really crazy and paranoid and scary, the level of fear and almost a panic from how people scared themselves silly and then spread their fears.

Having seen that, all I can say is, stay calm. The Elvis family deserves good thoughts. Don't allow fear to perpetuate and spread.

Hi everyone!!!! Sending positive thoughts and love to the Elvis family today!! and to all of us who have stood by them thru all this. I know we are all hoping for the same outcome and justice!! If someone would be so kind to send me a PM once they have come to a verdict? I am going to be in and out of my office today and I will get the PM via email :) not that I expect it to come today, but whichever day it happens!!! TIA!!

I will if I'm at my computer. So, if it's before 3:15 today, or after 5PM :).

Alternates sit in the jury box and get to hear the entire trial. I'm a bit concerned with the other alternate being dismissed. If another alternate gets sick there could be a problem. It seemed as if half the courtroom yesterday was coughing and sniffling.

My guess is he thinks it will be a quick verdict....however he thought it would be a 1 week trial too.

No, the Judge said the alternate was free to leave and to discuss this with anyone. The State asked for clarity on that. So why would a reporter not want to talk to them?
The only reason I can think of is that she's still an alternate. If someone else falls off the jury, she would be called in.

So the second alternate was released? What if someone else gets sick before they are done?

Wondered the very same thing. I guess court rules that you can't be in deliberation unless you're on the jury and they can't just replace someone in the middle of the deliberation. Hope they stay healthy and this is over quickly!

I hope the male juror who was excused for illness was not one of the ones observed being emotional yesterday! And hopefully the alternate he was replaced with was paying as much attention the whole time.
The jurors were very attentive throughout the State closing yesterday. Not so much during the Defense.

Good morning, I will continue to read what I did not catch up on yesterday. I have always wondered why they release the alternates before a verdict. What if someone gets sick during deliberations?
Good morning, Carolina Girl. BBM: I want to know the answer to that to. If an alternate is released and free to talk to anyone about anything, they cannot possibly be called back in if a juror falls ill or needs to be released urgently, during deliberations. So what happens then? They just go by whatever the remaining 11 jurors vote?

ETA: Nevermind! Have seen it has been discussed lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member