GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, apparently the host and DA on L&C seem to think he is doing an incredible job, initially when he started his closing they thought there could be a hung jury, now they are talking about an acquittal! The guy said if he is ever on trial for murder or kidnapping he would want Greg McCollum as his DA.. Huh? They are the experts but it’s not having that affect on me..maybe i’m not impartial enough

Sydney Glenn‏ @SydneyWPDE 2m2 minutes ago
Defense calls this case a fairy tale. Said there is no evidence. Said police do not know what happened. Said this is the biggest case in Horry County history-- talks about media attention. Said someone has to be held accountable. #TammyMoorerTrial

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 4m4 minutes ago
Defense says: "You can't just make human beings disappear and get home in time to make potstickers" @WBTWNews13

Alex Lang‏ @LangSunNews 3m3 minutes ago
In case you were wondering @TheSunNews is one of those four cameras

State closing was good. I don't like the defense closing, attitude before jury and argument not cohesive. However, as someone who has watched and participated in trials for 30 years....all I can say for sure right now is.....No one can predict what jurors are thinking.

Suggesting HE wasn't stable?
She had a terrible life?
Dude, she was 20 years old. Of course she wasn't stable, and of course her life was terrible, when viewed through the eyes of an adult lawyer.
I mean... really.

The sad thing for me is listening to him talk about no physical evidence. As unfortunate as it is, there are people out their (like my husband) that will not be swayed without some sort of physical evidence, even with all the circumstantial evidence. It infuriates me.

It helps to understand direct evidence is vs circumstantial evidence. This is often misunderstood with sleuthers saying, "it's just a circumstantial case!"

Direct evidence is:

- confession by the perp or
- an eyewitness to the crime as it's committed or
- video of the crime being committed

Circumstantial evidence is:

Everything else including
- blood
- hair
- fibers
- DNA
- fingerprints
- footprints
- behaviors
- phone calls
- phone records & pings
- social media posts
- statements
- weapons
- the victim’s body (or victims’ bodies)
- anything else you can think of that would be considered evidence that isn’t a confession by the perp or an eyewitness to the crime.

That's the legal definition. Both types of evidence (direct and circumstantial) are treated equally under the law.

Circumstantial evidence cases are vastly more common than direct evidence cases and they are often more powerful because there's usually more than 1 piece of evidence that when taken in totality with other evidence helps the picture emerge.

McCollum just said Heather had a terrible life. He is really making me angry. Whatever you and your client thought of her life, she deserved to have a life.

Also, I would rather have had Heather's life over Tammy's any day.
That made me angry too, how dare he!!
Followed by she didn’t deserve to die, i’m not saying that, nobody is saying that?! Did he really say that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste