GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what has had me stumped throughout this case too. Because, IIRC, you see SM lock his truck when he gets out of it which indicates that TM is not inside. No one, and I mean no one, can convince me that he took the keys out and locked it with TM inside while he went to purchase that test and cigar. I have wondered about this a lot and as a jury member, I think this is one area that would catch me up because if I feel like she was not in the truck then, where do I go from here. However, with that being said, with them showing, per the pings that she was being followed that night - I do wonder if perhaps TM was left somewhere near Heather's house to make sure she did not leave again and that's why she was not present for the walmart purchase? It's so perplexing and that is why I'm afraid there may never be a guilty conviction.

But I'm pretty sure Tammy said she was in that truck.....didn't she??

Good morning, had a lot to catch up on before I could jump in. Even with the need for an alternate, them requesting to view video or see other things in (or not in) evidence, I think they will have a verdict today.

On a sidebar: I wish my gut wasn't anxiety-driven. This waiting (and this trial in general) is giving me a serious stomach-ache.

OK, that link I posted earlier didn't have the entire Walmart video, but I just found it--I attached a screenshot of the truck parked with no little lighted ornament. The video starts about 15 minutes in here:
If Tammy was in that truck, why did Sidney lock the doors of the truck when he went in Walmart? Why not leaving it running to keep it warm?

Good morning, had a lot to catch up on before I could jump in. Even with the need for an alternate, them requesting to view video or see other things in (or not in) evidence, I think they will have a verdict today.

On a sidebar: I wish my gut wasn't anxiety-driven. This waiting (and this trial in general) is giving me a serious stomach-ache.

Same. I’m at the dealership waiting with my car and have had to make bathroom trips (sorry TMI) bc my stomach is in knots. I’m so embarrassed. Crazy how nerves will do that to you!

I never thought of her Dad's phone #. Wonder why it wasn't brought into evidence? Because he is deceased?

I have wondered this too. I think all calls made that night, whether important or not should have at least been listed to show who she/he was talking to. It can present things differently...good or bad.

If Tammy was in that truck, why did Sidney lock the doors of the truck when he went in Walmart? Why not leaving it running to keep it warm?

I don't know. Maybe she wanted it locked because she didn't feel safe in the middle of the night? She could have just locked the doors from the inside, though.

I wonder what her motivation would be for lying that she was in the truck if she wasn't? How would that help her case at all? Where was she if she wasn't in the truck?

I have wondered this too. I think all calls made that night, whether important or not should have at least been listed to show who she/he was talking to. It can present things differently...good or bad.
I totally agree with you and I'm very surprised that his number and whereabouts did not get addressed in the trial.

Same. I’m at the dealership waiting with my car and have had to make bathroom trips (sorry TMI) bc my stomach is in knots. I’m so embarrassed. Crazy how nerves will do that to you!

I'm sorry you're feeling that way (and while you have to be somewhere like the dealership) but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Nervous gut is crap!

I don't know. Maybe she wanted it locked because she didn't feel safe in the middle of the night? She could have just locked the doors from the inside, though.

I wonder what her motivation would be for lying that she was in the truck if she wasn't? How would that help her case at all? Where was she if she wasn't in the truck?

<modsnipped please read my posting guidelines> Idk but that’s a great question. If she lied about being there (which I believe) then the truth about where she really was must be very incriminating. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what has had me stumped throughout this case too. Because, IIRC, you see SM lock his truck when he gets out of it which indicates that TM is not inside. No one, and I mean no one, can convince me that he took the keys out and locked it with TM inside while he went to purchase that test and cigar. I have wondered about this a lot and as a jury member, I think this is one area that would catch me up because if I feel like she was not in the truck then, where do I go from here. However, with that being said, with them showing, per the pings that she was being followed that night - I do wonder if perhaps TM was left somewhere near Heather's house to make sure she did not leave again and that's why she was not present for the walmart purchase? It's so perplexing and that is why I'm afraid there may never be a guilty conviction.
I have always been locked on that TM was in that truck. She would have demanded it. I have always felt it was part of the "plan." She is crouched down behind the seat in her dark hoody. I can just hear her now: "And make sure you lock the door!! I don't need some #&@÷% carjacking our truck!!!!"
When SM pulled up at landing where HE was she got out and got in his truck "to talk." He may have convinced her to go for a drive. (Thus why no evidence of assault or murder in truck.)
As soon as they reached the area that TM and SM conspired on.....well....its all down hill for HE after that.
It was the defence who alerted us to a hoody, zip ties, tape and chloroform. Needless to say TM herself said she was in the truck. Then the defence atty admitted to: "...prosecution knows there was a crime scene they just don't know where..."
I am firmly convinced she was in that truck.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member