GUILTY GUILTY VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sam's family was not present and I do not think they've ever made it to VA to visit him.

He's not a very tough guy - for all his menacing Syko Sam pictures I think he's a pudgy ginger kid with a target for abuse on his back in prison.

He is a callous, cold-blooded murderer to do Mel and Debra in first because of a fight with his girlfriend for gosh sakes. I think he was sufficiently pissed at all of them; my opinion only - Mel for teaming up with Emma and forming the girl duo effectively shutting him out - Debra for probably not really embracing him. He had to know she would not be thrilled with him as a boyfriend for her daughter but went along with it because she was trying to be an accommodating mom. It may have "stemmed" from a fight with Emma but that is not the whole story imo.

mccroskey

The little fiend doesn't look very "remorseful" here. He should have received the death penalty, imo.

I am just glad another life did not have to be taken for justice to be served. Killing Sam would not bring back Emma, Mark, Mel or Debra. Life in prison without parole is sufficient punishment, it will be no walk in the park, especially if he has to do his time at Red Onion, which is known as perhaps the toughest prison in the nation.

Do we know if he is going to Red Onion for sure or what? Has this been announced yet?

According to this article he will be going to Red Onion:
http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13183396

...I've heard very, very bad things about that place :(

I'm not saying anything intended to let Sam off the hook, but man, I think that his family never showing up is teh way f--kin sad. Sheezus.

Sam's family was not present and I do not think they've ever made it to VA to visit him.

He's not a very tough guy - for all his menacing Syko Sam pictures I think he's a pudgy ginger kid with a target for abuse on his back in prison.

He is a callous, cold-blooded murderer to do Mel and Debra in first because of a fight with his girlfriend for gosh sakes. I think he was sufficiently pissed at all of them; my opinion only - Mel for teaming up with Emma and forming the girl duo effectively shutting him out - Debra for probably not really embracing him. He had to know she would not be thrilled with him as a boyfriend for her daughter but went along with it because she was trying to be an accommodating mom. It may have "stemmed" from a fight with Emma but that is not the whole story imo.

I mentioned this before and I was serious, if Sam is to have any chance to survive in prison he needs to shave that silly haircut off and tranform himself in to a hard core aryan brotherhood skinhead, even if it is an ACT, and not something he really believes in, he needs to go skinhead and get some swatzi tats stat and get to know those in that prison gang because thats the only real way to survive inside is to immediately affiliate yourself with a gang that will afford you the protection you need to make it everyday.

I worry he is going to become another Charles Manson-type, a celebrity who crazy women want to marry and has a following etc. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I knew Dr. Kelley and remember Emma as a little girl.

I'm not saying anything intended to let Sam off the hook, but man, I think that his family never showing up is teh way f--kin sad. Sheezus.

No wonder he acts like he does... his parents don't come see him in the entire year that he has been here?? They don't even come to the trials?? Looks like he doesn't have support now and probably never had support his entire life.

Thanks, Ziggy, for answering my question. I agree with tapu and Vabrownid1 that it's a very sad commentary on his family life that they have not visited him.

PAX, I think you're right. If they put Sam into the general population then he's going to be a very easy target. I don't think being a horrorcore "celebrity" will earn him any protection points. It will be a living hell for that kid.

I worry he is going to become another Charles Manson-type, a celebrity who crazy women want to marry and has a following etc. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I knew Dr. Kelley and remember Emma as a little girl.

Sam is utterly forgettable. Charles Manson and the Family's crimes were international news from the beginning--for many reasons, none of which apply to Sam and his crimes. It's like Sam will be thrown down a dark well, and someone will toss down bad food and enough water so that he just survives down there. Nothing to look at, nothing to do. For decades.

Debra and Emma and Mark and Mel's names will be remembered in your town long after Sam has become "that ????? who killed them."

Hate to pop the bubble but Sam's Dad did come to see him and Sam refused to see him.

Sam has had plenty of fan mail keeping him happy with naked pictures.
Sam's family are victims too, IMO.

In the words of Budda....."A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden."

From what I've read the Red Onion guard staff is extremely abusive. They carry weapons inside the gates and they shoot people randomly with rubber pelleted shotgun shells. Very tough place. What they call general population is very restrictive. I don't know if they offer people like him a place called "special management".

Isn't that odd...that he refused to see his Dad? Guess he couldn't face being an eff up and had nothing to say. Did the news media report this? Can't remember reading it.

He's going to have it rough in prison no doubt. I don't think he'll last long.

Sam is utterly forgettable. Charles Manson and the Family's crimes were international news from the beginning--for many reasons, none of which apply to Sam and his crimes. It's like Sam will be thrown down a dark well, and someone will toss down bad food and enough water so that he just survives down there. Nothing to look at, nothing to do. For decades.

Debra and Emma and Mark and Mel's names will be remembered in your town long after Sam has become "that ????? who killed them."
Excellent post, and so true. Someone posted in this thread that Sam is currently "happy" due to "fan mail", including naked pics... oh I'm sure that he has gotten some "fan mail"- mainly IMO because a lot of people, when this first happened, probably thought that there would be a long, drawn-out trial in the national media spotlight a la Scott Peterson. So these idiot "fans" thought it would be "cool" to have a connection with/be a "pen pal" to this idiotic . These people are, imo, one of 2 types: the first group consists of wanna-be true crime novelists who are competing to have a sympathetic/BFF-type relationship w/McCroskey so they can get dirt/scoops/interviews for their planned media projects; the second group most likely consists of newbie horrorcore fans, girls in their early teens who heard about these murders and actually think Sam is cool/mysterious and want to be able to brag that he sends them letters, etc.... all the while failing to "get" that his TRUE horrorcore peers are the ones who actually had the sense to distance themselves and turn his stupid azz in ASAP because they know what he did is the opposite of "cool." NOW THAT there is no trial, Sam I'm certain is rapidly- RAPIDLY- losing any "value" he may have had earlier to both types of "fans" and he is quickly becoming a nonentity to all of them as I write this...the letters will get fewer and fewer until no one cares, which is as it should be; people are fickle and attention spans almost non-existent in today's media circuses. Sam will soon realize that he has been forgotten; the "friends" he had will continue to mature and move on with their lives, getting education/jobs, also eventually becoming adults and having responsibilities and families of their own. Meanwhile, there will be pathetic Sam, stuck in time
as a loser punk murderer, a coward who killed little girls who were not interested in him- a total loser. Every time an idiot like Sam murders people, many comment that "he will never last in prison." Oh yes, he will; again, look at the much bigger fish like Scott Peterson and Joran van der Sloot. He will definitely have to associate with some kind of white-supremacy gang in order to survive, but his type will NOT be GIVING orders. Rather, he will be a b*tch for others on many sickening levels. he has, imo, NO IDEA of how happy the prison system will be to accomodate his "type," and it will not be pretty. My opinion.:twocents:

Isn't that odd...that he refused to see his Dad? Guess he couldn't face being an eff up and had nothing to say. Did the news media report this? Can't remember reading it.

He's going to have it rough in prison no doubt. I don't think he'll last long.

Yes, it was reported in the media. Channel 6 News, Richmond, Va.

He was moved this week to Red Onion < Not in the media yet.

Yes, it was reported in the media. Channel 6 News, Richmond, Va.

He was moved this week to Red Onion < Not in the media yet.

I just got off the phone with Sam and actually he's not in Red Onion, he's in Sussex I.

According to Commonwealth of Virginia Offender Locator he is in Sussex. Offender Name: McCroskey, III, Richard Samuel Alden DOC Number: 1434584

From what I've read the Red Onion guard staff is extremely abusive. They carry weapons inside the gates and they shoot people randomly with rubber pelleted shotgun shells. Very tough place. What they call general population is very restrictive. I don't know if they offer people like him a place called "special management".

I do believe Red Onion is specifically for inmates who have had trouble at other prisons, its more or less a behavioral modification center/prison.

I just got off the phone with Sam and actually he's not in Red Onion, he's in Sussex I.

what???? sammy calls you??? really cause i have not gotten a letter from him since january. what the hell dude? does he not give a **** about what he did to his family? next time you talk to him, you tell him that he needs to contact his family. I moved to oakland but he can get my contact information from his lawyers. and I have filed many change of address forms.

there is no reason we shouldnt be getting anything from him. whatever dude. im sick of this.

But... why would you be angry about not hearing from him, when you're so angry about what he did?

Sarah can't you get a hold of him too? I think Sam really needs his family right now, no matter how much he tries to push them away. They need to be there for him through this tough time. Family is blood. No matter what you cannot break that bond, love is unconditional.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back