Gun Control Debate #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how the responsible gun owner feels that these laws would affect them.

My daughter-in-law asks any family where her children are invited as to where they store their guns. She does not ask if they have any. Simply, where are they.

So far people understand. If not, my grandchildren do not go there.

People fought like crazy against smoking laws. Now it seems incredible that smoking was allowed in hospitals, schools, elevators, and stores. Some thought and some still think smoking is freedom.

A bully? Lol. He is David against Goliath. Was David a bully[/B]

Poor Laura. Being called out. As if the sponsors had no choice. They could have spouted some kind of mealy mouth PR statement supporting her, but they chose not to. So the big corporations were bullied? Lol

David and Golliath is a well known tale. The fact that David Hogg went up against the capitalist machine is telling... IMO.

Bbm, no of course not.

I wonder how the responsible gun owner feels that these laws would affect them.

My daughter-in-law asks any family where her children are invited as to where they store their guns. She does not ask if they have any. Simply, where are they.

So far people understand. If not, my grandchildren do not go there.

People fought like crazy against smoking laws. Now it seems incredible that smoking was allowed in hospitals, schools, elevators, and stores. Some thought and some still think smoking is freedom.

Seat belt, car seat and helmet laws too. Oh! And medicine bottles. It's hard to believe where we used to be on those. Prioritize safety and human life and look what we can do.

Seat belt, car seat and helmet laws too. Oh! And medicine bottles. It's hard to believe where we used to be on those. Prioritize safety and human life and look what we can do.

And then guns, and IMO, with all due respect, guns have never fallen into the medicine bottle zone of regulation.

Could they, would they? I doubt it.

It's not a safety regulation, it is a moral obligation.

Is America up to the challenge?

"tweeting his personal business"

LOL

OMG

You know who really didn't like the response to Hogg's "personal stuff"?

This blew up because of Laura's behavior and the advertisers who decided they didn't want to pay to support it.

Because adults aren't acting like adults.

IMO

Especially when he "criticized" himself first by tweeting his personal business regarding not making the cut with certain schools. (likely he meant to shame them, but it didn't work. This time.)

imo, moo, etc.

More of a political activist than a what, exactly? Than a Parkland victim/survivor? Honest question.

I would say Hogg is more of a political activist actually.

100 percent this, human!! <3 Well said.

It is funny to me. Does anyone attack a corporation when they have a spokesperson?

I am glad people posted all of the different ones speaking up, There are plenty more.

In order to slay the enemy, s/he has to be dehumanized. Made into the other.

They are trying with the Parkland kids and it is working on some people.

I hope the kids are aware of this tactic

:goodpost:

How many "possible terrorists" does the US "deport back to China," enelram?

bbm

Another possible terrorist deported back to China-

He was here on an F-1 visa for students but had stopped attending any classes
His friends, neighbors and UCF staff noticed his recent strange and different behavior
He recently died his hair
He recently bought a new fancy car for $70,000 CASH
He was acquiring multiple assault rifles with scopes and tripods

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/ucf...vior-purchasing-high-powered-rifles/723685366

There's at least a dozen or so links to surveys, etc., in this thread discussing this very point.

Also, thumb through this thread (especially earlier ones), and you'll see a lot of cohesive discussion about what people can agree on, imo.

Also, see what the Parkland students are asking for.

I know this may be a hard question to answer because no two people think alike.
As far as people who are looking for gun reform, what do you think the largest percent are looking to change if they were able to sit down and draft a plan?

I do not believe he is going after Laura because what she said. If it was really over what she said then why isn't he going after Rosanne Barr for her tweet. Why isn't he asking for sponsors to boycott Rosannes show. It was far worse. He is going after Laura because she is an easy target that opposes his viewpoint.
This is an opinion piece that I think is spot on http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...-to-end-laura-ingrahams-career-sets-dangerous

Because Hogg isn't going after anyone. He voiced his opinion. That's it.

Laura's own behavior caused her to be dumped by her advertisers.

Again, you give this 17-year-old too much credit, imho.

There's an entire movement out there.

I do not believe he is going after Laura because what she said. If it was really over what she said then why isn't he going after Rosanne Barr for her tweet. Why isn't he asking for sponsors to boycott Rosannes show. It was far worse. He is going after Laura because she is an easy target that opposes his viewpoint.
This is an opinion piece that I think is spot on http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...-to-end-laura-ingrahams-career-sets-dangerous

I believe Ingraham went after Hogg because she thought he was an easy target, and because she wants to shut him down. She must have been shocked when it didn't work out for her. This sums it up nicely:

Laura Ingraham doesn’t really want to debate David Hogg (opinion)

The other, more plausible reason is that Ingraham wants to remove Hogg from a national conversation about gun control. Rather than debate him, she would prefer to disqualify him.

Ingraham's steady implication has been that Hogg is not as impressive as he has been portrayed elsewhere by the media. Her tweet Wednesday that taunted Hogg for failing to get into four colleges (he was accepted by three others) was one more way for Ingraham to signal that Hogg is overrated and unqualified to opine about public policy

Ingraham said that Hogg is “welcome to return to the show anytime for a productive discussion” — an invitation extended only after she cast him as an unworthy adversary.

Ingraham cast as the poor little damsel is hilarious.

Firsf of all,the kids were cast as ignoranf children who had no clue and no rights to any opinions as they are only children.

Now he is some kind of huge bully . He sure has advanced in stature in a few weeks.

Somehow an adult personality is being bullied by a child. Ok. Lol

Ingraham cast as the poor little damsel is hilarious.

Firsf of all,the kids were cast as ignoranf children who had no clue and no rights to any opinions as they are only children.

Now he is some kind of huge bully . He sure has advanced in stature in a few weeks.

Somehow an adult personality is being bullied by a child. Ok. Lol
I wonder what they will say about Emma, what they haven't said already...
I wonder why they chose Hogg first?

They're not very bright, these people, I notice.. it keeps backfiring on them and their malice becomes immediately highlighted.. like a poison snake's dying hiss...IMO

More of a political activist than a what, exactly? Than a Parkland victim/survivor? Honest question.

Doing his internship for the deep state IMO. Isn't "journalism" his forte? Isn't he accepted now into such an educational facility? Father is FBI or ex FBI?

Doing his internship for the deep state IMO. Isn't "journalism" his forte? Isn't he accepted now into such an educational facility? Father is FBI or ex FBI?
I'm seeing
deep-state
FatherFBi
and I'm unsure what you are meaning, seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn