Gun Control Debate #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing his internship for the deep state IMO. Isn't "journalism" his forte? Isn't he accepted now into such an educational facility? Father is FBI or ex FBI?

Hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!! OMGWTHLOL

That’s kinda hilarious, imo.

So the hundreds of thousands of other student voices are moot. The thousands of students and their families in Parkland — their voices are moot.

Gotcha. [emoji106] [emoji108]

PS, this isn’t a conspiracy theory thread, just fyi.

Doing his internship for the deep state IMO. Isn't "journalism" his forte? Isn't he accepted now into such an educational facility? Father is FBI or ex FBI?

What does that mean? Are there "deep state" universities?

Politics.
Politics, is it?

The students who survived the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., are causing all kinds of trouble, not only for politicians but now for at least one media figure as well. They’ve certainly changed the discussion around guns in a remarkably short amount of time. Is it possible they might force our entire political debate to become a little more … adult?

Earlier this week, I argued that the reason conservatives are so bent out of shape by the Parkland students’ activism in favor of gun restrictions is that it’s hard to personally attack a group of teenagers who survived a mass shooting without everyone concluding that you’re a jerk. Because ad hominemattacks are so common in politics, we barely notice them as anything unusual or problematic. But when 17-year-old victims become the target, it becomes shocking.

Right from the get-go, you’ll notice that Ingraham taunted him in a way that was ridiculously juvenile for a 54-year-old woman, while Hogg responded not in kind but by targeting his activism at Ingraham’s show

One of the lessons here is that no matter what your political persuasion, you definitely do not want to get in a social media war with teenagers, because they will crush you

If your defense of Ingraham is, “But David Hogg said some mean things on Twitter!” then you ought to think about whether there might be a better response for you to make as an adult. You could decide to model more mature behavior — say, to make the most logical and persuasive argument you can come up with for your positions on the issue of guns. Or you could say, “If he’s going to act like a teenager, then I get to act like a teenager right back!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-act-more-like-adults/?utm_term=.8a39dd9a99d1

There you go!
That's the gist of it.
Anything surplus is a tantrum.

What does that mean? Are there "deep state" universities?

YAS! Maybe all public schools are Deep State, sneaks! [emoji6] I’m buying the official licensed jersey right meow!

724361182274b2c5e00ade597f39f161.jpg

Mens Deep State University Tshirt 2XL Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPGP2XJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_A9SVAbTFQJ9EG

❤️

OT

But what does 'deep-state' mean to you?

Maybe “they” know something the rest of us don’t?

Hey, like, maybe Deep State (is it College or University? Can’t find a link rn, sorry!) only accepts students with 4.0 grade point averages or higher and super-righteous college entry test scores?

... Maybe?

Could that be why the rest of us plebes haven’t heard of it?

[emoji8]

OT

Maybe “they” know something the rest of us don’t?

Hey, like, maybe Deep State (is it College or University? Can’t find a link rn, sorry!) only accepts students with 4.0 grade point averages or higher and super-righteous college entry test scores?

Could that be why the rest of us plebes haven’t heard of it?

[emoji8]

Could well be.. home-schooling and the like, served with a roish good dallop of fundamentalism of some flavor or other, for all we know.?

I am not impressed with him wanting a boycott on Florida because our Florida Congress would not ban the guns he wanted. He was the only student that asked for this boycott. He was the one that has used such filthy language. He is the one that IMO posted his denials to the universities online to shame the universities. He is the one that wanted and got a boycott of Laura because she challenged him, but when Rosanne Barr tweets even worse not a peep from him. IMO it's because he knew if he attacked Rosanne after her show that had 1.8 viewers the advertisers would not take away thier sponsorships. I think he gave a very petty reason to not debate his fellow survivor because he is scared to debate him. Someone that is on his same level would be able to dish right back at Hogg. I believe he is using his I'm a victim, I'm a teen to say and do whatever he wants so he will go unchallenged.

His denials from the universities had been published before he ever mentioned it, actually so that kills that argument.
It's been posted before and I'm too tired to search for it again.
Do you mean Rosanne the rampant Islamophobe with the dwinky problem?
Nobody pays too much heed to her, it's likely he didn't even see her alleged rant.. she does it all the time, btw.. her targets are invariably minorities.. her only fans are in the far right.. the very far right, at that.
Next?

I wonder what you consider to be 'filthy language' btw?
I swear like a fishwife, just not on here, usually.

Estimated to be one of the largest youth-driven protest movements since Vietnam.

http://www.kiro7.com/www.kiro7.com/...ies-among-biggest-since-vietnam-war/722131658

https://youtu.be/RtvlBS4PMF0

At Denver’s March for Our Lives: “This is your Vietnam,” father of Columbine victim tells thousands of gun-violence protesters

Gun violence protesters leave Civic Center and begin their march through downtown Denver

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/24/denver-march-for-our-lives/

What do the Vietnam Vets have to say about that analogy?

Oh, goodness, ya might search this thread for the word Vietnam. You’ll find plenty who agree with that analogy.

They are not monolith. They are individuals with their own opinions.

How many Vietnam veteran lives have been lost to gun violence since the war ended?

I will be happy to debate gun reform. I have no problem with the new laws put in place by the Florida legislature. That's gun reform. I do have a problem with wanting to take away legally owned "assalt weapons" when there are millions of illegal ones out there giving criminals the upper hand. I don't have a problem with limiting magazine cartridges, but first the ones by criminals need to be done away with. Also, magazine cartridges that hold smaller amounts of ammo need to be made so that those with illegal intent can not manipulate them to hold more. Yes, there is a gun problem, but making new laws IMO is not going to get rid of the worst of the problem which is criminals with guns.

who needed info on veterans?

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2018/03/26/our-home-is-not-a-war-zone/

Try that..

[FONT=&amp]As a West Point cadet and Army officer, I was trained in the effective and safe use of firearms. We were taught about the responsibility that comes with carrying a gun. During my time in Iraq, I carried a high-powered assault rifle that’s nearly identical to the AR-15 — the weapon used last month to gun down 17 students and educators in Parkland. Just like its military counterpart, the AR-15 is designed to fire a high volume of rounds at very high velocity for the purpose of inflicting as much damage to the human body as possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]This same weapon that I carried in combat has been used in 11 mass shootings in the past decade to gun down Americans on our own soil, many of them young children and teenagers. These weapons of war have no place in our schools, at our concerts, in our movie theaters or on our streets.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The U.S. has a gun violence epidemic. We’ve already had 17 school shootings this year, averaging one every week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]At least three schools in our area reported threats of gun violence in the week following the Parkland shooting. Since the Sandy Hook attack, more kids have been victims to gun violence than the number of US troops killed since 9/11. Every time I see another school shooting in the news, I immediately picture my mom shielding her first graders — hiding them in closets, locking her classroom doors.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Americans are done with politicians who cower to the gun lobby instead of looking out for our kids. They use scare tactics to say that advocates for gun violence prevention are seeking to take away handguns and hunting rifles. But we’re not. We’re rightfully demanding that leaders have the moral courage to stand up, speak out, and fight to keep us safe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I’m facing our gun violence epidemic head-on by insisting on a comprehensive approach. We have to get weapons of war out of our communities by banning assault weapons. We must also institute universal background checks, ban bump stocks and high-capacity magazines, prevent straw purchases, close gun-show loopholes and institute no-buy lists for domestic abusers and suspected terrorists. We also have to empower the CDC to study gun violence by repealing the Dickey Amendment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I know that our community, where I was born and raised and where my family has been for five generations, is ready for change. I grew up around responsible gun owners. When I look around our district, I don’t see folks divided along partisan lines. I see the friends I went to school with, my parents’ colleagues, my public school teachers and track coaches. And I know that none of us want our home to feel like a war zone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Demonstrations, like the school walkouts on March 14 and the nationwide marches last Saturday, give us the opportunity to speak to responsible gun owners and progressive activists alike. I’m confident we can come together to finally make progress on this issue. I’m proud to stand with students, educators and families. Enough is enough. This mass shooting generation ends now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Pat Ryan is seeking the Democratic nomination for the Congressional seat in New York’s 19th

Here's Veterans for gun control website
[/FONT]https://veteransforgunreform.com/

So glad the kids are forcing this discussion on gun violence in the USA and are working to make it an election issue too. This is WAY overdue. Other countries also have kids playing lots of violent video games, many mentally ill people and much drug use. Why is gun violence so much worse in the States? As a Canadian I see these differences: Access to guns and endless rounds of ammunition there is way too easy. Lax background checks. An attitude that guns are for defense. In Canada, guns are seen as for hunting, defending your livestock against wild animals and using at a gun range. Only really bad criminals here think of guns as tools to threaten or kill people. Even the police here use a gun on a criminal only as a very last resort. I would encourage Americans to work to get it out of your heads that guns are to be used on human beings (eg to get the bad guy with a gun, to stop an invader, to stop a corrupt govt.)

fmu, an "assault weapon" ban wouldn't include taking away legally owned rifles that fall into that category, so that's one less thing to worry about. I like Florida's recent legal measures, too, including raising the purchasing age for semiauto military-style rifles to 21.

As for the magazine cartridges, imo, if they're illegal to own, then they'd be illegal to modify them to hold more. Double whammy, as for proving a case of illegal intent, especially if used in the commission of a felony.

I will be happy to debate gun reform. I have no problem with the new laws put in place by the Florida legislature. That's gun reform. I do have a problem with wanting to take away legally owned "assalt weapons" when there are millions of illegal ones out there giving criminals the upper hand. I don't have a problem with limiting magazine cartridges, but first the ones by criminals need to be done away with. Also, magazine cartridges that hold smaller amounts of ammo need to be made so that those with illegal intent can not manipulate them to hold more. Yes, there is a gun problem, but making new laws IMO is not going to get rid of the worst of the problem which is criminals with guns.

If the "shooting ends now" is for real then i hope military takes its own advice, and ends war/violence as well, (non participation). IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member