GZ Case - Defense Perspective

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
y'all....grrrrr!!!

I spent almost an hour earlier today moving posts from this thread to the SYG thread. PLEASE TAKE THAT CONVERSATION OVER THERE. Next time I am not gonna save those posts. Just easier to zap them.

I am getting grumpy here. :aktion1:

George Zimmerman’s lawyer to get prosecution’s evidence Monday

"SANFORD --
In the Case against George Zimmerman, his attorney said he’ll soon get his hands on the evidence prosecutors plan to use at trial.

Mark O'Mara said he'll get those documents on Monday, so he can decide what you will and will not see when that evidence is released to the public.

Meanwhile, another lawyer said he has proof Trayvon Martin's shooting was not racially motivated.

Mark NeJame provided a picture to CNN."

Sorry if this has been posted, couldn't find it. ETA: I do see where angelwings posted it earlier, sorry - just a reiminder then :)

Different articles. The one I posted had nothing to do with race. It just said that MOM wants to further delay the release of documents, after he receives them on Monday. Don't know how long he can keep delaying the inevitable. Especially, in the Sunshine State. :twocents:

y'all....grrrrr!!!

I spent almost an hour earlier today moving posts from this thread to the SYG thread. PLEASE TAKE THAT CONVERSATION OVER THERE. Next time I am not gonna save those posts. Just easier to zap them.

I am getting grumpy here. :aktion1:

So sorry, Beach. The SYG defense and the defense, in general, all run together in my tiny little late night pea brain. Mea culpa...I hope if I wave at you will you feel less grumpy :seeya: :)

So sorry, Beach. The SYG defense and the defense, in general, all run together in my tiny little late night pea brain. Mea culpa...I hope if I wave at you will you feel less grumpy :seeya: :)
What ^^^ said. :truce:

I'm assuming they have someone who will authenticate the photo and George's identity, otherwise it wouldn't have been trotted out. Very dangerous, imo.

But, admittedly, I haven't considered the blood flow pattern. But that's because it's so completely beyond my realm of understanding, I don't think I could intelligently comment. I'm sure there will be an expert on it, if necessary. But, we probably won't know about that for a LONG time.

Do you know, was the photo introduced at the bond hearing and, if so, did the State object? That would be very significant to me. Iirc, though, it was merely mentioned, possibly shown???

Do not remember for sure if the photo was introduced at the bond hearing but to the best of my recollection it was not.

When I saw the head wound picture it was the first thing I noticed. Horse sense.

The problem with GZ taking the stand is that he has a tendency to talk or say too much. He has shown that he likes to make his own choices whether or not that is in his or anyone's best interest. It is probably why O'Mara hasn't decided whether to go for an SYG hearing or not. Well, that and the fact that he keeps getting little surprise from GZ...like the $204,000 when O'Mara was arguing for a reduced bond and hoping to file for indigent status. (Note: I'm not mentioning the Myspace because, IMO, O'Mara left that public/open so that he could do two things; show GZ as multicultural and to gauge the public's reaction to GZ's "Tough Talk.)

Do not remember for sure if the photo was introduced at the bond hearing but to the best of my recollection it was not.

When I saw the head wound picture it was the first thing I noticed. Horse sense.

The blood flow pattern, you mean? I don't doubt you. I have very little common sense and didn't even notice the blood flow pattern at all until someone, maybe you, pointed it out. And even then, any significance of it was completely lost on me. At least I know my limitations, right? lol

From what I remember, the picture was released by the media, the morning of the bond hearing. AC had already seen the picture. I don't recall it being introduced by the defense at the bond hearing.

Oh yes. I tied my post, back to the topic. :floorlaugh:

From what I remember, the picture was released by the media, the morning of the bond hearing. AC had already seen the picture. I don't recall it being introduced by the defense at the bond hearing.

Oh yes. I tied my post, back to the topic. :floorlaugh:

O'Mara asked the detective about it. The courtroom camera panned over to the defense table and zoomed in on what looked like an IPAD. The picture was displayed, full screen, on the tablet. Then O'Mara continued his questions with the detective and the camera panned away from the defense table and the picture.

O'Mara asked the detective about it. The courtroom camera panned over to the defense table and zoomed in on what looked like an IPAD. The picture was displayed, full screen, on the tablet. Then O'Mara continued his questions with the detective and the camera panned away from the defense table and the picture.
I didn't see the picture. What did MOM ask him and what was the response?

O'Mara asked the detective if he had seen the picture. The detective said, yes or yes, I have seen the picture. Then O'Mara moved on.

The problem with GZ taking the stand is that he has a tendency to talk or say too much. He has shown that he likes to make his own choices whether or not that is in his or anyone's best interest. It is probably why O'Mara hasn't decided whether to go for an SYG hearing or not. Well, that and the fact that he keeps getting little surprise from GZ...like the $204,000 when O'Mara was arguing for a reduced bond and hoping to file for indigent status. (Note: I'm not mentioning the Myspace because, IMO, O'Mara left that public/open so that he could do two things; show GZ as multicultural and to gauge the public's reaction to GZ's "Tough Talk.)

I'm not a defense lawyer but it would scare the stuffing out of me to put GZ on the stand. O'Mara is trained to lead him where he needs to be in his testimony but that doesn't mean Zimmerman is going to follow his lead.

This thread is like walking through a minefield.

O'Mara asked the detective if he had seen the picture. The detective said, yes or yes, I have seen the picture. Then O'Mara moved on.
Thank you. I guess MOM got what he wanted that day, take the focus off the bond hearing, and the person charged. The fact that the picture was seen by the prosecution, prior to the bond hearing, and they still were firm on the charges, makes me believe they have a pretty strong case.

MOM has a job to do, but I think he's in trouble. AC doesn't seem like the type to want to put a case like this out there, without having the proof to back it up. I can't wait to see GZ's statements!!!!! :banghead:

JMO

I'm not a defense lawyer but it would scare the stuffing out of me to put GZ on the stand. O'Mara is trained to lead him where he needs to be in his testimony but that doesn't mean Zimmerman is going to follow his lead.

Get timing on the release of the picture. SA said they had seen it but did not say they had the picture. I'm guessing we will never see it again. Someone who took a picture that is suppose to be so significant, does not want to be identified but yet releases it to the media right before the hearing sounds hinky to me. I think, too, since GZ was suppose to be in custody at this time, this new interim Chief would be very interested in finding out who took this picture, too. jmo

I agree. I can't imagine that MOM, or any defense lawyer, would put GZ on the stand.

BBM IIRC Zimmerman has not been "charged" with any kind of profiling.

GZ is not charged with a hate crime, so why are we bringing up the old picture? Seems to be baiting the race issue again.

GZ is charged with profiling, not RACIAL profiling.

JMO

No he's not charged with profiling, I don't think there's a statute for that but the investigation uncovered his 'criminal' profiling of TM, IIRC at the bond hearing..

He did profile TM but they are using criminal not racial...

No he's not charged with profiling, I don't think there's a statute for that but the investigation uncovered his 'criminal' profiling of TM, IIRC at the bond hearing..

He did profile TM but they are using criminal not racial...

"Criminal profiling" is a bit ambiguous, "profiling someone as a criminal," I think is more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody