GZ Case - Defense Perspective

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did a recreation the next day. LE had GZ get in the position that he claimed to be in and yell the same way he claimed to have done. There is video of that recreation and I am really, really looking forward to seeing it!! The FBI will eventually release their results as well. The truth is coming, we just have to try to keep emotions down in the meantime!!

I doubt that. The FBI doesn't typically release polygraph information while cases are going through the process, I wouldn't expect them to give their opinion on the voice analysis before it's all said and done either. Two reasons I'm saying this:
- FBI doesn't use voice analysis for court evidence, just like they don't use polygraph for court evidence.
- Investigator Gilbreath has stated, as sworn testimony, that the FBI's analysis (along with other "experts") has given no insight as to whose voice it is.

attachment.php

I don't see anything that points to an injured nose....just looks like a nose to me.

It looks swollen to me. To my eyes, his face looks swollen, puffier than it normally is, but the nose in particular. IMO, it definitely looks like he got hit in the face with something.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

It looks swollen to me. To my eyes, his face looks swollen, puffier than it normally is, but the nose in particular. IMO, it definitely looks like he got hit in the face with something.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

And that looks like blood from his nose that dripped on the front of his jacket.

NO. It's not blood. Geeze.

What it shows is that anything can be seen in those gauzy pics as pixels move. If there was gash as deep as seen here, there would BE A BANDAGE. Holy guacamole people - it's like looking at cloud formations and seeing what you want to see. Still the first video at 4:12 and you can see a big gash in the officers head too.

As for blood on the clothes - there was none.

Know how I know?

No gloves.

No gloves.

No gloves.

Protocol - Universal precautions - is that police use gloves when touching blood evidence.

You see them with gloves on? Nope.
They would have taken their gloves off already. They do not keep them on the entire time, once someone has been seen by the EMT's and are no longer bleeding.

They would have taken their gloves off already. They do not keep them on the entire time, once someone has been seen by the EMT's and are no longer bleeding.
NO. Bloody clothes are not to be touched without gloves.

These are standard universal precautions protocols.

I can understand if you are not familiar with it.

I will remind folks Zimmerman was evaluated, given field tests, checked for injuries top to bottom, and cleaned up for his scratches - with no bandages necessary - in a matter of a few minutes. This was done in the back of a squad car, and he was cleared by the Emergency Medical Team.

He was inside the SPD (after a 15 minute ride) not much more than 35 minutes after he snuffed out a life.

Before you mentioned it, I'd never even heard of such a thing, but either way, it could very easily be a pocket, imo.

IMO, this type of pocket is popular on "technical" or athletic apparel. It gives one a place to put one's sunglasses or iPod while biking, or hiking, or what have you.

In an article I read last night, a friend stated that GZ took the picture himself. Some have said that he is left handed. We see in the picture that he has a cellphone to his right ear so maybe he did take the picture of his own head :)

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...photos-judge-john-galluzzo-case#ixzz1sQYtsXKJ
A friend of Zimmerman’s told the Daily News that Zimmerman has graphic photos he took of his own face showing serious injuries.

“He was beaten to a bloody pulp that night, and he’s lucky to be alive. There’s proof of that,” the friend of Zimmerman said.

“He took the pictures himself...to protect himself. He knew they would come back for him. He had a good idea this wasn’t over. He’s not a dumb man.”

The pics to date don't show he was beaten to a bloody pulp but I'll concede there may be better ones that haven't been released to date.

Ugh. I have just seen things I didn't want to see. There are even TSHIRTS! with conceal carry vents at the chest. Anyway a lot of tactical websites have jackets with pockets in that exact same spot.

NO. Bloody clothes are not to be touched without gloves.
In this case, what evidence would they be contaminating to touch his jacket without gloves? They know it is either GZ's blood or TM's blood. Videos and pictures are taken at the scene, his clothes were collected at the SPD.
These are standard universal precautions protocols.
I can understand if you are not familiar with it.

Since none of us were at the scene, and likely have no idea what CSI collected from Zimmerman, we have no idea how evidence was collected. Different crime scene labs have different protocol they require when evidence is collected (all require gloves, of course). Storage of large items is sometimes a consideration for certain labs.

"Wet Bloodstains LINK
If the bloodstained item is large or not easily transported, then absorb the stain onto a 1" X 1" square of the cotton muslin as described in part 2E under dried bloodstains. Package it in paper (or plastic to prevent contamination of other objects). Bring it to a secured location, take it out of the container and allow the cotton square and the container to thoroughly air dry. Repackage in the original paper container or, if necessary, a new paper container. If a new paper container is used, then the air dried original container should be packaged with the cotton square. If possible, the investigator should also collect samples from unstained areas of the item for negative controls.
Advantages: Requires little storage space; fairly easy technique to perform; stain is concentrated onto a relatively small surface area.
Disadvantages: Investigator must decide which stains and controls to collect; investigator must have direct interaction with bloodstain."

I will remind folks Zimmerman was evaluated, given field tests, checked for injuries top to bottom, and cleaned up for his scratches - with no bandages necessary - in a matter of a few minutes. This was done in the back of a squad car, and he was cleared by the Emergency Medical Team.
He was inside the SPD (after a 15 minute ride) not much more than 35 minutes after he snuffed out a life.

BEM: Please provide your source for this information, TIA

In this case, what evidence would they be contaminating to touch his jacket without gloves? They know it is either GZ's blood or TM's blood. Videos and pictures are taken at the scene, his clothes were collected at the SPD.

Since none of us were at the scene, and likely have no idea what CSI collected from Zimmerman, we have no idea how evidence was collected. Different crime scene labs have different protocol they require when evidence is collected (all require gloves, of course). Storage of large items is sometimes a consideration for certain labs.

"Wet Bloodstains LINK
If the bloodstained item is large or not easily transported, then absorb the stain onto a 1" X 1" square of the cotton muslin as described in part 2E under dried bloodstains. Package it in paper (or plastic to prevent contamination of other objects). Bring it to a secured location, take it out of the container and allow the cotton square and the container to thoroughly air dry. Repackage in the original paper container or, if necessary, a new paper container. If a new paper container is used, then the air dried original container should be packaged with the cotton square. If possible, the investigator should also collect samples from unstained areas of the item for negative controls.
Advantages: Requires little storage space; fairly easy technique to perform; stain is concentrated onto a relatively small surface area.
Disadvantages: Investigator must decide which stains and controls to collect; investigator must have direct interaction with bloodstain."

Blood borne pathogens?

The 28-year-old's head and face are visible throughout and he is dressed in a red and black fleece jacket.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest...ideo-casts-doubt-on-George-Zimmerman-injuries

The video on the Christian Science Monitor website is the same garbage that ABC put out. It is the *stolen* video of GZ at the station. Blow the YouTube link up to full-screen-size and you can see the camera shake. The later video, which is much clearer, and which does NOT have the ABC logo at the bottom is the official release from the Sanford PD. <modsnip>

In the "nose" picture, it looks to me like there might be a Breathe-Right type strip across the bridge of the nose (or maybe it's just a smudgy, blurry spot in the photo).

Blood borne pathogens?

Great point, yet I didn't see gloves on any of the officers, especially the one dusting off the back of GZ's jacket, so the point is really moot if that was the jacket he was wearing when he was bleeding and shot Trayvon. There had to be blood on it somewhere.

Maybe they collected his jacket at the scene, maybe his wife brought him another jacket. We know there was blood, where was it??

"Wet Bloodstains LINK

"I will remind folks Zimmerman was evaluated, given field tests, checked for injuries top to bottom, and cleaned up for his scratches - with no bandages necessary - in a matter of a few minutes. This was done in the back of a squad car, and he was cleared by the Emergency Medical Team.
He was inside the SPD (after a 15 minute ride) not much more than 35 minutes after he snuffed out a life."

This was the first place I found mention of it. I'm sure there are more but I not going to go look for them when you can do it yourself.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/who007/TMCleared-1-1-1.jpg

Great point, yet I didn't see gloves on any of the officers, especially the one dusting off the back of GZ's jacket, so the point is really moot if that was the jacket he was wearing when he was bleeding and shot Trayvon. There had to be blood on it somewhere.

Maybe they collected his jacket at the scene, maybe his wife brought him another jacket. We know there was blood, where was it??

We do not know there was blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member