Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, what was with the "hate" section of that interview, she sounds like she is about to deny they hate each other, then she says she doesn't hate anyone but she hates him. Keep it straight love. I could say a 100 things about my observations of Billie but in the end it doesn't add up to squat about what happened to Hailey but I feel like Hailey was doomed with her.

BD is clearly wearing what appears to be Hailey's Aeropostale hoodie in the above linked video. I'll include the video link in my post, as well:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Mother-of-...nd/-/14769632/19404100/-/5cq4xkz/-/index.html

Now, whether or not she went out & purchased an identical hoodie, or whether or nor she's wearing Hailey's hoodie, IDK. But it seems that she made it a point to wear the exact same hoodie during that interview.

My question is: why?

Is she wearing it as a memorial to her missing daughter? I seriously doubt it.

Is she wearing it in an attempt to be a teenager (Aeropostale brand markets to teens), in an attempt to rival her missing teenaged daughter, in an attempt to be (in her twisted mind) a sexy teenaged girl? Yes - I think so.

How old is BD? One has only to look at her to see that she's trying to be younger than she is - especially with the recent facial piercings evident in the linked video. I know a LOT of young people (teenagers & early 20's) who pierce their faces. I don't know any mother in her 30s who gets her face pierced.

I think it speaks to BD's emotional/psychological make-up that she would wear her missing teen daughter's clothing (or clothing identical to her missing teen daughter's clothing) and that she would pierce her face in a style that is popular amongst those much younger than herself.

IMO, BD is one messed up chick.

God bless Hailey.

BD isn't that old. In urban areas it is not unusual for women to dress like that. Maybe it is different out in rural or more conservative areas, but her appearance doesn't seem out of the ordinary for her age to me.

Has it occurred to anyone that the hoodie might be BD's, and that HD just happened to be wearing it in that picture? In other words, the opposite of what you are assuming?

BD isn't that old. In urban areas it is not unusual for women to dress like that. Maybe it is different out in rural or more conservative areas, but her appearance doesn't seem out of the ordinary for her age to me.

Has it occurred to anyone that the hoodie might be BD's, and that HD just happened to be wearing it in that picture? In other words, the opposite of what you are assuming?

Nope it was Haileys.

that reddish one BD is wearing above is possibly the same one Hailey is wearing in the school video

also on one of the FB's, back around Nov 4, 2012, BD said she had to look thru Hailey's clothes to try to determine what she was wearing when missing...and BD said a new turquoise Aeropostle t-shirt was missing and YET the missing posters NEVER said anything near that specific

personally I think BD would wear any of Hailey's clothes she took a fancy to...even shoes\

imho, you'd think parent(s) of a missing child would tone it down a notch...but that is just me, call me old fashioned, conservative, stick in the mud

Was it ever verified what footwear HD was wearing when she disappeared? Not that it's a big deal but I am wondering if this is something the gentleman found that would give him a clue that he felt the remains could be those of HD. I really cannot see it being footwear unless it was clarified what she was wearing. The navy blue sweatpants or the red earrings would to me be the items which would be items which would stand out. The t-shirt isn't specified in colour, just that it was light coloured. This could be many colours KWIM. I thought there was mention from BD in one report when she first went missing where she claimed HD may have taken a hoodie, but I cannot find it.

What I found really creepy and telling is SA was the one who told BD (at least BD claimed) what HD was wearing the day she disappeared. I remember this was a discussed way back because many of us found it odd he would notice these details. MOO

Hailey is 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair with blond streaks. When she disappeared, she was wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light-colored short sleeve T-shirt and pink and white tennis shoes.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/12/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html

Identifying Characteristics:
Hailey’s ears are pierced and she has an extra piercing on the top of her right ear.
Blue contacts (Not prescription)
Clothing:
She was last seen wearing blue sweat pants and a short sleeve light colored t-shirt. She may have been wearing flip-flops.
Jewelry:
She may be wearing red hoop earrings.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/tag/hailey-dunn/

Note: Last seen wearing navy blue sweat pants, a short sleeved light colored T-shirt, and flip flops. She has pierced ears and was wearing red hoop earrings. Her left upper ear is pierced.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hai...er-goes-missing-considered-endangered-missing

Hailey's first missing poster. There is no mention of footwear.
http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_HaileyDunn.pdf

Nope it was Haileys.

Are you sure? The hoodie BD is wearing in that picture is quite similar to the one HD is wearing, except it is pink and doesn't have the logo across the chest (Aeropostale have hoodies similar to that on their website).

They are about the same size, they may well be sharing jackets.

Are you sure? The hoodie BD is wearing in that picture is quite similar to the one HD is wearing, except it is pink and doesn't have the logo across the chest (Aeropostale have hoodies similar to that on their website).

They are about the same size, they may well be sharing jackets.

As I said the one Billie is wearing in the latest interview is the one that Hailey was wearing. Please remember I have spoken to Billie Clint Connie Jones Haileys cousin and aunts and I assume they do know what there talking about or some of them at least do.

It would seem you are correct. My recollection was that the message was "Wt r u", but I can't find any reference to that specifically, just the long form.~snip~

For the record, I believe the "short form" used was WRUD (What R U Doing), or WYD (What You Doing?):

GRACE: Well, wait a minute. Now, Jean, what about this mystery text they`re saying they`re investigating, a text that says -- it was in slang - - What are you doing? Like, "WYD," what are you doing. Do we believe that Hailey actually sent that to MB (ph), the little friend, or are police wondering could somebody else have sent that? And what time was that text?

CASAREZ: They have to be wondering that, 2 o`clock in the afternoon. And what are you doing? If you`re going to go spend the night there, wouldn`t you say, I`ll see you soon? I`m almost there? And there was never a response from the little girlfriend.

GRACE: Now, how do we know for sure that that call you were talking about was made, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: We know because it was on the cell phone. There were search warrants executed on that cell phone. Law enforcement have that phone, and they found it.

GRACE: Also joining us tonight, Alexis Weed. Alexis, what more do you know?

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Billie Dunn is telling us that she saw herself that text, that she saw it before police seized her phone, which they still have. Her phone has not been returned. So she`s saying that she saw it with her own eyes, that "WRUD," what are you doing, to the friend.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

SA's movements on the day HD dissappeared are fairly well accounted for, at most he would have had 30 minutes maximum to have done anything and concealed the evidence so well that no one has found any trace of anything at all. That is not very likely.
I am not sure what your point is. The fact is others could have sent that text message. As for no evidence to show she was anything other than alive there is no evidence to show that she was alive. No evidence that she was seen alive that day and even less evidence that she was kidnapped.
If by "others", you mean BD and SA, their location was accounted for earlier in the post, as virtually unimpeachable, and NOT at the family home.

no one knows if BD's phone was at Chestnut on Monday, much less where it may have pinged

just because a phone pings a certain tower, that doesn't necessarily mean the phone or owner is at a specific address associated with that tower

the Chestnut house was normally unlocked thereby allowing anyone that needed/wanted to come in, to do so
Really? I thought it had been stated that BDs phone was home for HD to use during the day while BD worked, and that pings showed the text had come from the home, or someplace darn close.
a teen girl at home with a phone, when school is out, supposedly makes one text all day long, and it's not even to one of her best friends, no other texts, or calls, incoming or outgoing...???
why is that?
When my daughter had a prepaid cell, she was always told to use it VERY sparingly because it cost money every time she did. Often her minutes would expire unused because it was so ingrained that the phone was not to be used indiscriminately. Additionally, it was a "shared" phone, IIRC, meaning Hailey, Billie, and DD all used it as needed. If I was a teenage girl who valued my privacy, I might be inclined to keep my use of that phone to a minimum, lest someone else had it when a message intended for me that was "personal" arrived.
The hotel sounds like a motel. We don't know where their camera's where or what they recorded. According to CD he was shown the video, but didn't identify anyone. Why would he think he would be able to identify someone? That is a little wierd. Did he believe that he might be able to identify someone there?
Initially there was some speculation that it could have been a "relative." Certainly he'd have recognized THAT person, assuming it was someone related to his newest baby's mama.
If you delete a picture, there are no records of it anywhere else. And I am not sure that small town PD had any way to retrieve it either. I think SA would have been able to delete a picture without it being recovered.
It wasn't just small town PD. The FBI got involved too, and I assume their forensics labs are superior to those of Colorado City.
Firstly its not proven there were thousands of deviant images in the house.
Thank you.
I am not misremembering the *advertiser censored* situation. Other than the comments attributed to the Sheriff, no other LE has claimed CP was on items owned by SA. Some of those did have *advertiser censored* on them, but it was not CP.

The LEO who actualy examined the devices made no mention of CP on those devices in the affidavit for the search of the GMs house, even though that information would have been highly relevant for the search warrant they were asking for. He only said that *advertiser censored* was found on devices associated with SA, in other words there was no CP.

Detective Alexander was later quoted as saying that there was no CP found on any devices from BD's residence.

The X-box was in possession of the police when they asked for the warrant to search the GM's house (for evidence of CP). They made no mention of the X-box as containing *advertiser censored*, so it did not.
ONE of the TWO XBoxes was in possession of LE. Otherwise, I am in agreement with all you have said.
The problem with that is there doesn't appear to be "deviant" *advertiser censored* on the devices directly associated with SA, those were only found on the computer at them mothers house, where other individuals reside who are far more likely to have been the ones who downloaded that stuff.
Again, thank you.
I disagree with your theory based on several reasons and absolutely believe she was killed Sunday night based on several reasons but IF it was true what would be your explanation of Billie being the spokesperson for the couple and continually changing her story and timeline and trying to make sure he didn't speak to people? what reasonable explanation is there for a innocent woman to protect the person LE have named in connection with her daughters disappearance and lie to them when they go looking for the person suspected of being involved?

This is admittedly farfetched, and while BD may be clever, she'd probably have to be very clever indeed to pull this off for two years... If she knows for a fact that Hailey was alive when she left the house Monday, and the two have constructed seemingly airtight (matching the empirical evidence of cell-pings) "alibis" for the day she actually disappeared, saying as little as possible about that day, and instead muddying the waters by being vague and making it seem possible that something could have happened on Sunday (knowing it had not) gets everyone talking about SUNDAY and not MONDAY, which is safer.
There is no evidence at all that SA and/or BD were into some sort of deviant sexual lifestyle.
O...K... I am going to have to disagree here. But I suppose a lot depends upon what you consider deviant. Her own "personal PI" stated that there was video evidence on ONE of the XBoxes of BD and SA engaging in sexual activity with another woman, and recording it. I may be "small town" but that falls on the "deviant" side of the line in my world.

IMO, BD is one messed up chick.

God bless Hailey.
'Nuff said.

If by "others", you mean BD and SA, their location was accounted for earlier in the post, as virtually unimpeachable, and NOT at the family home.

Really? I thought it had been stated that BDs phone was home for HD to use during the day while BD worked, and that pings showed the text had come from the home, or someplace darn close.

When my daughter had a prepaid cell, she was always told to use it VERY sparingly because it cost money every time she did. Often her minutes would expire unused because it was so ingrained that the phone was not to be used indiscriminately. Additionally, it was a "shared" phone, IIRC, meaning Hailey, Billie, and DD all used it as needed. If I was a teenage girl who valued my privacy, I might be inclined to keep my use of that phone to a minimum, lest someone else had it when a message intended for me that was "personal" arrived.

Initially there was some speculation that it could have been a "relative." Certainly he'd have recognized THAT person, assuming it was someone related to his newest baby's mama.

It wasn't just small town PD. The FBI got involved too, and I assume their forensics labs are superior to those of Colorado City.

Thank you.

ONE of the TWO XBoxes was in possession of LE. Otherwise, I am in agreement with all you have said.

Again, thank you.

This is admittedly farfetched, and while BD may be clever, she'd probably have to be very clever indeed to pull this off for two years... If she knows for a fact that Hailey was alive when she left the house Monday, and the two have constructed seemingly airtight (matching the empirical evidence of cell-pings) "alibis" for the day she actually disappeared, saying as little as possible about that day, and instead muddying the waters by being vague and making it seem possible that something could have happened on Sunday (knowing it had not) gets everyone talking about SUNDAY and not MONDAY, which is safer.

O...K... I am going to have to disagree here. But I suppose a lot depends upon what you consider deviant. Her own "personal PI" stated that there was video evidence on ONE of the XBoxes of BD and SA engaging in sexual activity with another woman, and recording it. I may be "small town" but that falls on the "deviant" side of the line in my world.

'Nuff said.

Firstly I never mentioned Shawn or Billie as being the ones responsible for sending the text messages. I said "other people".

Secondly I am unsure why you think its farfetched about her being killed on the Sunday night. You said that Billie and Shawn have air tight alibis for the day she disappeared but the fact is there is no evidence that Hailey disappeared on the Monday considering there is no proof anyone saw her alive on the Monday. I personally have no doubts at all that when it goes to trial that they will claim she was killed on the Sunday night.

I live in an urban area where facial piercings are the norm amongst both counterculture & mainstream culture teens & early 20-somethings. Ear gauging, facial piercing, body piercing, tongue piercing, tatoos, etc., are very common where I live, so I'm quite used to seeing it. My youngest daughter has facial piercings & gauged ear lobes, as do many of her friends. My oldest niece has facial & body piercings, gauged ear lobes, as well as several large tatoos, as do many of her friends. Another niece has facial, tongue, and body piercings, as do many of her friends. They are all in their 20s or got their facial piercings when they were in their 20s.

Among all these people, I have yet to meet a woman who went out & pierced her face in her 30s.

My point is: in my experience, most people who pierce their faces do so or did so at a younger age. I know several women who (years later after turning 30 or so) regret their stretched ear lobes, their tatoos, & their facial piercings because of the scarring & also because as they've become more mature they've realized it negatively impacts their employment choices, despite the fact that we live in a liberal urban area with a robust counterculture population.

IMO, I think it speaks to BD's lack of emotional & psychological maturity that she pierced her face recently, and I think it suggests that she's trying to be a teen or a young 20-something, rather than an adult woman in her 30s.

Wow, when I looked a minute ago, 16 guests were viewing the page :seeya:

I live in an urban area where facial piercings are the norm amongst both counterculture & mainstream culture teens & early 20-somethings. Ear gauging, facial piercing, body piercing, tongue piercing, tatoos, etc., are very common where I live, so I'm quite used to seeing it. My youngest daughter has facial piercings & gauged ear lobes, as do many of her friends. My oldest niece has facial & body piercings, gauged ear lobes, as well as several large tatoos, as do many of her friends. Another niece has facial, tongue, and body piercings, as do many of her friends. They are all in their 20s or got their facial piercings when they were in their 20s.

Among all these people, I have yet to meet a woman who went out & pierced her face in her 30s.

My point is: in my experience, most people who pierce their faces do so or did so at a younger age. I know several women who (years later after turning 30 or so) regret their stretched ear lobes, their tatoos, & their facial piercings because of the scarring & also because as they've become more mature they've realized it negatively impacts their employment choices, despite the fact that we live in a liberal urban area with a robust counterculture population.

IMO, I think it speaks to BD's lack of emotional & psychological maturity that she pierced her face recently, and I think it suggests that she's trying to be a teen or a young 20-something, rather than an adult woman in her 30s.

I'd focus on her behavior and lies rather than her clothes. BD is petite and probably shops teen dept. So what?
I am more concerned if she helped lie for SA than her facial piercings.
I know plenty of artists and musicians who tattoo and pierce for a living does not make them horrible evil or immature people.
Tattoo artists make a great living. Not everyone has to wear old lady clothes once they turn 30.
:)

I'd focus on her behavior and lies rather than her clothes. BD is petite and probably shops teen dept. So what?
I am more concerned if she helped lie for SA than her facial piercings.
I know plenty of artists and musicians who tattoo and pierce for a living does not make them horrible evil or immature people.
Tattoo artists make a great living. Not everyone has to wear old lady clothes once they turn 30.
:)

I usually pay little (if any) attention to the attire of a significant party in a missing persons case. However, because I believe that BD may have considered Hailey a rival for the attention I think she sought (and seeks) and because I suspect that BD may have viewed her own daughter as a threat for her boy toy SA's affections/attention at the time that Hailey went missing, I take BD's attire into account, especially because I believe that BD may view herself as a 'hip, cool' teenager, which, if true, is disturbing because she's in her 30s and is NOT a teenager & hasn't been for quite some time. Growing up and accepting adulthood is a part of healthy human development.

I agree with you that her lies are significant.

Oh - and I never said nor did I imply that anyone with tattoos or piercings is 'evil', nor did I say or imply that anyone has to wear 'old lady clothes' when they turn 30. I don't even know what 'old lady clothes' are lol!

I usually pay little (if any) attention to the attire of a significant party in a missing persons case. However, because I believe that BD may have considered Hailey a rival for the attention I think she sought (and seeks) and because I suspect that BD may have viewed her own daughter as a threat for her boy toy SA's affections/attention at the time that Hailey went missing, I take BD's attire into account, especially because I believe that BD may view herself as a 'hip, cool' teenager, which, if true, is disturbing because she's in her 30s and is NOT a teenager & hasn't been for quite some time. Growing up and accepting adulthood is a part of healthy human development.

I agree with you that her lies are significant.

Oh - and I never said nor did I imply that anyone with tattoos or piercings is 'evil', nor did I say or imply that anyone has to wear 'old lady clothes' when they turn 30. I don't even know what 'old lady clothes' are lol!

ok, got ya! Seeing her a rival is an important detail. :)

I said it with a smile on my face, was trying to be funny.

BD is a real piece of work. But, SA scares me.

ok, got ya! Seeing her a rival is an important detail. :)

I said it with a smile on my face, was trying to be funny.

BD is a real piece of work. But, SA scares me.

Funnily enough for me its Billie that scares me. Shes hard manipulative and very very cold. If you ask Shawn a question for the most part he comes across as polite and answers the question directly and sticks to it whereas you could ask Billie something seven days a week and she will have a different answer every time. On facebook at least he comes across as the milder of the two as frequently she has attacked people.

hi guys :) does anyone know how I subscribe to a thread so i can get updates when someone posts to my email please?

hi guys :) does anyone know how I subscribe to a thread so i can get updates when someone posts to my email please?

Subscribe to the thread.

Go to User CP
Edit Options
Default Thread Subscription Mode
Choose your preferred option

Funnily enough for me its Billie that scares me. Shes hard manipulative and very very cold. If you ask Shawn a question for the most part he comes across as polite and answers the question directly and sticks to it whereas you could ask Billie something seven days a week and she will have a different answer every time. On facebook at least he comes across as the milder of the two as frequently she has attacked people.

He is polite but a sociopath can be very charming. I don't trust either of the two.

Why is it taking so long to id the remains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523