Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, LE did take the XBox and provided DD with another one which led some people to wonder if it may have had a listening device installed in it, like was done on a case from long ago.

It is illegal to plant a bug without a warrant. Outside of organized crime it is unusual as far as I can tell. I think you would have to have a pretty compelling reason to get one in a case like this.

Not to mention, it requires significant resources to monitor.

He should have been given a poly.

They would not have been able to at the time because of his age.

They could now, but after all this time the results would be worthless. The longer after the event in question, the less reliable the results IMO.

Plus, there is no reason for him to volunteer anyway.

Btw, if you want to read some background on polygraphs, applications and accuracy, there is an online book on the subject here.

I suspect there is a dysfunctional relationship between BD and DD. I recall how horrified most were when it was discovered that BD has stolen silver nitrate sticks from where she worked to scar the words TAP OUT into her adolescent son's back. What kind of Mother would do that and what kind of emotional scars would this act leave on a child?

Since DD probably asked her to do it, I doubt it left any emotional scars.

Could be that she felt it better that a nurse do it than some random semi-intoxicated friend.

Out of the blue topic here but by chance does anyone happen to remember the name of the hotel worker who gave the interveiw to the media after the hotel search ?

I believe it was the same name as this persons in the link below. I just wondered if this person is related to the person reported to have found the remains is scurry.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/jun/04/psychic-investigative-reporter-turn-up-no-new-in/

I wish I could find the quoted link which is posted on this forum and I believe Tehcloser posted it way back when but I cannot pull it up.

She is not related to Curtis no.

Could be that she felt it better that a nurse do it than some random semi-intoxicated friend.

I dunno. Is there much difference with a semi intoxicated friend and someone who was probably out of it with pills? also seeing the awful tattoos that gang get I think I wouldn't have took my chances with her.

Are you kidding me? Seriously! Is that kind of like letting your kids get high at home, so they won't go out and do it with their friends?

Tug, my mother often told me that I would argue with a brick wall. I'm guessing you've also heard something similar quite often. ;)

Are you kidding me? Seriously! Is that kind of like letting your kids get high at home, so they won't go out and do it with their friends?

Tug, my mother often told me that I would argue with a brick wall. I'm guessing you've also heard something similar quite often. ;)

What Tugela is forgetting that Billie could have simply acted like a mom for once and said DD no your not having that done.

Speaks highly of her character, stealing supplies from the hospital and all.

Speaks highly of her character, stealing supplies from the hospital and all.

And yet weirdly when she supposedly had a toothache she didn't get supplies from there. Strange how she works really.

And yet weirdly when she supposedly had a toothache she didn't get supplies from there. Strange how she works really.

If you believe that, I have some land I'd like to sell you
icon12.gif

What Tugela is forgetting that Billie could have simply acted like a mom for once and said DD no your not having that done.

I was curious about why someone would use silver nitrate to make a tattoo, so I looked it up. As far as I can tell, it is not used for a real tattoo, it is a temporary tattoo, like the ones made with henna. It comes off in a week or two.

The way it works is that silver nitrate absorbs on the surface layers of your skin, where it is reduced to colloidal silver particles (just like in photographic film). Colloidal silver is black, which results in something that looks like a tattoo. These particles are stuck to the skin cells so you can.t wash them off. However, the upper layers of your skin is continually growing outwards and shedding, so after a week or two the stained skin just flakes off as normal and the mark goes away.

A real tattoo is prepared by making holes in the skin (with a needle), and the ink seeps through these holes and under the skin. Because the ink particles are under, rather than on top, they are not carried out by the skin as it grows and sloughs off, so it is permanent.

I have used silver nitrate from time to time in my undergraduate years in chemistry labs. It is used to detect chloride ion, since silver chloride is very insoluble and forms a cloudy haze in water when the silver and chloride mix. Silver nitrate is also used for other things, so it is a common reagent in any laboratory - probably most high school sciences labs have some.

I know from personal experience that if you get any on your skin, it stains it grey or black, but it goes away after a week or two (for the reason explained above). Getting it on your skin does not hurt in the slightest, it is not a burn.

Unless you eat large amounts, it doesn't pose undue health risks. Incidental skin exposure is not serious. It just looks unsightly for a while.

It is used in hospitals for minor wounds because colloidal silver is a powerful natural antibiotic, so it would be to stop infections.

So, it is not really a big deal. I guess that experimenting with a tattoo that wore off after a few weeks is a lot better than getting a real one.

I was curious about why someone would use silver nitrate to make a tattoo, so I looked it up. As far as I can tell, it is not used for a real tattoo, it is a temporary tattoo, like the ones made with henna. It comes off in a week or two.

The way it works is that silver nitrate absorbs on the surface layers of your skin, where it is reduced to colloidal silver particles (just like in photographic film). Colloidal silver is black, which results in something that looks like a tattoo. These particles are stuck to the skin cells so you can.t wash them off. However, the upper layers of your skin is continually growing outwards and shedding, so after a week or two the stained skin just flakes off as normal and the mark goes away.

A real tattoo is prepared by making holes in the skin (with a needle), and the ink seeps through these holes and under the skin. Because the ink particles are under, rather than on top, they are not carried out by the skin as it grows and sloughs off, so it is permanent.

I have used silver nitrate from time to time in my undergraduate years in chemistry labs. It is used to detect chloride ion, since silver chloride is very insoluble and forms a cloudy haze in water when the silver and chloride mix. Silver nitrate is also used for other things, so it is a common reagent in any laboratory - probably most high school sciences labs have some.

I know from personal experience that if you get any on your skin, it stains it grey or black, but it goes away after a week or two (for the reason explained above). Getting it on your skin does not hurt in the slightest, it is not a burn.

Unless you eat large amounts, it doesn't pose undue health risks. Incidental skin exposure is not serious. It just looks unsightly for a while.

It is used in hospitals for minor wounds because colloidal silver is a powerful natural antibiotic, so it would be to stop infections.

So, it is not really a big deal. I guess that experimenting with a tattoo that wore off after a few weeks is a lot better than getting a real one.

Thanks for the info!
Much better to know the effects than to assume effects such as burns and/or scars that wouldn't have been the case.

Thanks for the info!
Much better to know the effects than to assume effects such as burns and/or scars that wouldn't have been the case.

Well although Tugela doesn't think it was an issue Clint made it plain he wasn't happy about it which is weird if it "wasn't a real tattoo".

Justice for Hailey

Maybe Clint also was unaware what this stuff did to skin.

Maybe Clint also was unaware what this stuff did to skin.

According to Tugela its a temporary tattoo but Clint may be a lot of things but I am sure he would be aware of whether or not it was temporary or not and the way Clint talked about it it was a big deal to him at least.

Many actions have mitigating factors that make them not as off as they seem, but when you have to imagine mitigating circumstances for a long laundry list of behaviours to make someone not look so off - well to me it is not seeing the forest for the trees.

According to Tugela its a temporary tattoo but Clint may be a lot of things but I am sure he would be aware of whether or not it was temporary or not and the way Clint talked about it it was a big deal to him at least.

I can't say what Clint does or doesn't know, or thinks he knows or doesn't know. All I can say is that everything I can find on the web regarding silver nitrate and tattoos indicates that it is used for temporary tattoos, not permanent ones.

Plus, as I said before, I have had this stuff on my own skin before, so I know what happens to the mark.

My guess is that (assuming what you say is true) he either didn't know it was temporary and thought it was a real one, or he is making a fuss about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member