Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link regarding the two indictments? We need one!

Please correct me (I know you will...LOL) if this is wrong.....
The District Attorney can file a murder charge against someone but to file a Capital Murder charge, a grand jury has to hand down an indictment.
Yes, No???????

Please correct me (I know you will...LOL) if this is wrong.....
The District Attorney can file a murder charge against someone but to file a Capital Murder charge, a grand jury has to hand down an indictment.
Yes, No???????

The information and the indictment are the formal charging instruments used by Texas courts to inform the defendant of what criminal behavior he is accused of.

An information is the charging instrument for most misdemeanor crimes. An information does not go to a grand jury. Rather, an information must be signed by a prosecutor and supported by a sworn complaint.

An indictment is the charging instrument for felony crimes. An indictment must be voted on a by a grand jury. The grand jury consists of twelve persons. To get an indictment, the prosecutor must persuade nine out of the twelve grand jurors that probable cause exists that the defendant is guilty. This is known as a “true-bill.” When the prosecutor fails to get nine votes, a “no-bill” occurs.

However, if the indictment is no-billed, the prosecutor can try again.
Furthermore, an accused person has no right to participate in a grand jury proceeding in Texas. An accused does not even have the right to know that a grand jury is considering his case.

An information will be forwarded to a misdemeanor court, typically a County Court, while a grand jury indictment will usually be forwarded to a District Court or Criminal District Court.

http://www.texasdefenselaw.com/texas-criminal-law-guide/pretrial/information-indictment

A secret indictment is an indictment that is not made public until the subject of the indictment has been arrested, notified, or released pending trial. These indictments are primarily seen in the United States, because they are issued by grand juries and most other countries do not use the grand jury in their justice system. In America, a grand jury hears the key facts of a case to decide if there is enough evidence for someone to stand trial. If they believe that a trial is warranted, they issue an indictment, a formal accusation which serves as a warning to the accused that a trial will be held.

Sometimes, it is determined that the indictment should be kept secret. This may also be known as a sealed indictment or silent indictment. In this case, the documentation surrounding the indictment is kept under seal, and no one involved may discuss the indictment outside of the grand jury hearings, or with anyone else once the hearings are over. When the seal is lifted, the contents of the indictment can be made public.

Prosecutors may request a secret indictment if they are concerned that someone may flee if he or she becomes aware that trial proceedings are being set in motion. It is also possible to ask for one to protect witnesses and other people involved with the case. If a suspected criminal is aware that grand jury hearings are occurring, the criminal may take steps to interfere with the hearings, such as intimidating witnesses or members of the grand jury. By sealing the indictment, the prosecutor ensures that the process will be safe for everyone.

Secret indictments are perfectly legal. They do not infringe upon the rights of the accused, including the right to a trial by jury and the right to hear evidence and cross-examine witnesses. Some people criticize the process because they argue that it is abused and that the information should be on the public record, but the justifications for the process often far outweigh these concerns.

The indictment will be unsealed when the government feels that it is appropriate to do so. As long as someone remains at large, the indictment typically remains sealed because the case is considered active. People who have evaded arrest must usually surrender to law enforcement before they can determine the contents of an indictment, and it is advisable for individuals to surrender with the assistance of a lawyer.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-secret-indictment.htm

Okay....A Grand Jury indictment is handed down...so does LE immediately go and arrest the person(s)????

Is there a link regarding the two indictments? We need one!

The link is on Snyder's newspaper website which you have to subscribe to get access to. I posted a photo of the article from the actual Snyder newspaper. If that is not okay, let me know and I will delete it.

Okay....A Grand Jury indictment is handed down...so does LE immediately go and arrest the person(s)????

My link above says the indictment is forwarded to the district court. Anyone have any idea how that process works?

Sorry, I could not open the link.
So the two sealed came down yesterday?
Wonder how long they will sit on them. Is there a history of holding off after getting indictments down there? I wouldn't think so in TX.

So hopeful and excited this is it!!!!!

We can't read it without logging in. Subscription news papers stink!

Well, I paid the 11.50 for a month's subscription so we could have the link. I read it with my own two eyes...it's there. Promise.

"Two indictments were not made public." That's all it reads besides all the information on the other 6 indictments.

IMO, the gag order would be simultaneous with a Grand Jury subpoena to appear as a witness. Looks like the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place.

April 29th Curtis Lloyd cancels blog radio appearance

May 1. Ccity police, Texas rangers and FBI were all at Snyder police headquarters.

May 6. 2 sealed indictments handed down by Snyder grand jury.

A short time line ...for what it's worth

April 29th Curtis Lloyd cancels blog radio appearance

May 1. Ccity police, Texas rangers and FBI were all at Snyder police headquarters.

May 6. 2 sealed indictments handed down by Snyder grand jury.

A short time line ...for what it's worth

A very promising timeline......

Well, I paid the 11.50 for a month's subscription so we could have the link. I read it with my own two eyes...it's there. Promise.

"Two indictments were not made public." That's all it reads besides all the information on the other 6 indictments.

But your link doesn't work for us non-subscribers
icon12.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing people in orange jumpsuits....can I get an AMEN! ;)

The date seems kind of a long time back not to have been implemented by now. Why would they hold off five-plus weeks? Either they had enough to indict or they did not. And had Hailey even been identified by then?

I'm sure they {LE, FBI, Tx Rangers}, knew it was Hailey when they arrived on scene. {since the blue sweatpants were found w/body}.

Hard to believe many people would pay to read the Snyder online paper, on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn