Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the country is on verdict watch for Jodi Arias....I'm on arrest watch....

Wonder if we could pry one of our WS Attorney's away from that to answer our question? I'll check to see if AZLawyer is online.

is there an arrest coming? Twice now I've read that an arrest is coming. Is something up?

is there an arrest coming? Twice now I've read that an arrest is coming. Is something up?

No one knows for sure. Everything is pure speculation. The only facts that we know is that the grand jury handed down 2 sealed indictments yesterday. This comes from Snyder newspaper.

Does anyone know if sealed indictments are common for this grand jury?

No one knows for sure. Everything is pure speculation. The only facts that we know is that the grand jury handed down 2 sealed indictments yesterday. This comes from Snyder newspaper.

And everyone is holding hope that this is it!

I would think not since there were 5 other indictments on other cases and all of those had names.

I just wondered if across time this wasn't so unusual ... trying to temper my hopes with some reality LOL

Under what circumstances are indictments usually sealed?

Is it common in high profile cases?

Okay, I found something out of Massachusetts: http://www.commonwealthmagazine.org/The-Download/Sealed-indictment-highly-unusual.aspx

'Sealed Indictment Highly Unusual'

Attorney General Martha Coakley said she moved to seal for months the indictments against the former head of the state’s Probation Department and the former chief of staff for the state treasurer to maintain the integrity of the investigation.
But several legal experts said the highly unusual, though not unprecedented, step could have been taken for one more unspoken reason: the existence of unindicted co-conspirators, a possibility that could bode ill for former treasurer Timothy Cahill.
The indictments against former Probation commissioner John J. O’Brien and Scott Campbell, who served as chief of staff in the treasurer’s office and also worked on Cahill’s 2010 gubernatorial campaign, include the phrase that should send chills down the spines of some current and former state officials: “[O]thers known and unknown to the Grand Jury.”
“That’s interesting,” former Supreme Judicial Court justice John Greaney, now teaching at Suffolk University Law School, said about the sealing of the indictments. “The usual case when you seal an indictment is you think the defendant is going to flee. That doesn’t sound like the case here.”

To be honest if her body was found in the middle of nowhere I think its obvious she didn't get there of her own accord:(

Also it was Caylee with the duct tape not Hailey.

Oops, didn't mean to say Hailey and the duct tape.
I DO agree with you on so many points.
Thank You

I just wondered if across time this wasn't so unusual ... trying to temper my hopes with some reality LOL
Purple by me.
Trying to temper my hopes with some reality.....wow, for some reason these words of yours really spoke to how I feel right now.

Waiting to find Hailey. Waiting to hear any news/updates. Waiting to hear positive identification of remains. Waiting for possible arrests. All this waiting....

The waiting is driving me nuts too. I keep checking in here often since the news of the sealed indictments came out.
I wish we at least knew what to expect from the sealed indictments, what they mean, confirmation that they are related to the Hailey Dunn case, etc.
Patience is not my strong suit.

I know the indictments are sealed until arrest. Why don't they just go pick them up?
Could they be negotiating surrender, or could LE just be having trouble locating the suspects?

I know the indictments are sealed until arrest. Why don't they just go pick them up?
Could they be negotiating surrender, or could LE just be having trouble locating the suspects?

I think several aspects are at play....locating....element of surprise at time of arrest....safety factors re: a certain POI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper