Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to go to my dad or grandmother and told them that my moms BF was creepy or whatever, you bet your *advertiser censored** they would've confronted my mom with it. NO doubt about it!!!

And for all we know, he did. We only have Billie's word that he didn't. And even if they knew something was not right about Shawn does not mean anything could have been done about it. I'm going to get a little personal here so I can prove my point. When me and my ex got a divorce we had joint custody. His new wife was the typical evil step mother. She hit my oldest daughter on more than one occassion. When my daughter told me, first I confronted him, then I called the law, and then I called CPS. Both my ex husband and his wife told everyone that my daughter had a problem with lying and I was just trying to start trouble. I had to abide by our custody agreement and send them back to him every other week. When my oldest turned 18 she moved out of his house and never spoke to her stepmother again. One month after she moved out, the stepmom went after my other daughter. I took him back to court and got full custody. One month later, he split from his wife because he realized that my oldest daughter was not lying. Things are not always black and white.

And then when he died in a horrible car crash, his divorce had only been final for a couple of months and his ex was still the executor of his will. She inserted herself into the funeral arrangements. His fiancee which was a wonderful young lady who loved my girls and treated me with respect, was not allowed to sit with the family. That is why most of the family including my girls, sat in the back.

And then when he died in a horrible car crash, his divorce had only been final for a couple of months and his ex was still the executor of his will. She inserted herself into the funeral arrangements. His fiancee which was a wonderful young lady who loved my girls and treated me with respect, was not allowed to sit with the family. That is why most of the family including my girls, sat in the back.

and I totally get where you are coming from. I am talking about Hailey's family in general. I think they've been dysfunctional from the get go, and bless her heart, she had to be around it daily. I think the memorial went just as I imagined it to go - a circus. I think it would have went that way NO matter what was going on in the family. that's all!

I wish that LE would stop waiting around for a notarized confession with video back-up. At this point I seriously doubt that anyone is going to come forward with bombshell evidence . What they have is plenty of circumstantial evidence and probably some forensic evidence too. Circumstantial is not second-rate...it can't be messed up due to improper collection or questioned as a fulty memory. Circumstances surrounding the crime can't be changed.

I don't know how many have looked through all of the documents released recently in the Susan Powell case. They had a lot of evidence pointing straight to Josh. Too bad they decided to wait for" the smoking gun". Maybe those little boys of Susan's could have been protected. Now there is no point. Josh and his brother are dead, leaving no one to be held accountable!

If LE in Hailey's case go ahead and prosecute, I think they could get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. All they need is a reasonably intelligent jury who don't sympathize with sociopathic perverts. That's what voi dire is for.

If they wait, another young lady could end up dead. Once a killer gets away with murder, what's to stop the perp from killing the next female who crosses him?...

Nothing. It's a power trip.

MOO

Great post TGIR!!!!!!!
icon14.gif

What we know about Hailey's life per MSM.

We know her gramma says Hailey was "creeped out" by SA.

We know Hailey's mother was doing illegal drugs with her much younger live in BF (who creeped Hailey out)

We know that BF, SA was the last to have claimed to have seen Hailey.

We know she did not arrive at the destinations SA said she set out for, one of which was just across the way.

We know her mother lied to LE and hid the whereabouts of BF SA.

We know that Hailey is dead, presumed murdered and her body was found in an area that should be familiar to SA who has family living in the area where body was found.

We know her mother has given contradictory or false statements to LE on more than one occasion.

We know that the BF, SA (who creeped Hailey out) has made contradictory or false statements to LE or those who spoke with LE.

We know that sometimes things seem to be more about the enmity between the adults in Hailey's life than about her disappearance or murder.

Did I miss anything?

ETA oh yeah, we know there was kiddie *advertiser censored* found in a search associated with SA at his family members house, the same house he allegedly went to to look for work when he decided to quit his job.

And we know that Hailey's mom and her BF, SA, apparently had a hobby in which they followed serial killers.

While NONE of these things are particularly telling, when taken as a whole they paint a very interesting picture. MOO.

No bashing here. I just will pray he can pull himself together and stay out of trouble at some point for his sake and the sake of those still here that love and care for him. My heart goes out to him. I just can't even imagine.

MOO

I could careless about the joint. I'm more worried about why he had the gun. I've been told that his family has worried that he might take matters into his own hands. An arrest needs to come soon and I don't mean Clint.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/may/24/clint-dunn-hailey-dunns-father-charged-with-and/

Clint is in jail so let the bashing begin, but before you do, remember that you have not walked in his shoes.

I can't say this is surprising, with his history an all. His life is obviously out of control, and is on a downward spiral. I feel the most sorry for David. His sister goes missing, and is found murdered, his mom has issues of her own, drama surrounding Haileys memorial and now his dad has been arrested. What next?

I can't say this is surprising, with his history an all. His life is obviously out of control, and is on a downward spiral. I feel the most sorry for David. His sister goes missing, and is found murdered, his mom has issues of her own, drama surrounding Haileys memorial and now his dad has been arrested. What next?

I am not surprised either. I cant imagine what it is like to be in his shoes. What I do know is that hes not likely to be thinking straight and who can blame him.

I just have to say my sympathies are with Clint. I realize his life is less than perfect, but then again so is mine. I feel like he has shown so much more class and respect in this entire Hailey ordeal than others that should have. I feel like his heart is literally broken in two. I know he doesn't always make the best choices but when I compare him to others, he comes out on top every time.
This Memorial Day when everyone else is out decorating the graves and spending time with their families, I think how he must feel. His daughter has been found but still hasn't been laid to rest, not to mention the way she was found has to be haunting his every thought.
Thoughts about Billie and DD and my mind goes to how awful it would be to know that your mom was so hated by so many people. That people thought she was capable of killing his sister. Knowing the people she drags in to their lives aren't the best
eh, I'd love to know what DD really thinks about all of this. Did he think his sister disappeared on her own, or did he have the same thoughts as many of us. He's kind of been put right smack dab in the middle of this and who put him there? sigh

Wonder what Billie and Shawn's plans are for this Memorial Day weekend? My thoughts are they deserve each other.

MOO

No bashing here. I could give a flip about the pot, it should be legalized anyway. With the gun on the seat, in view, the charge couldn't be concealed weapon. My heart aches for this man

Don't bash me, but I would much rather have someone smoking weed anytime vs. being drunk.

I just saw the news. No bashing from me, just compassion. But I am worried about why the gun was on the seat of his car.

I'm thankful that he didn't run in to somebody or have a spur of the moment death wish and shoot the cop.

Can you imagine? Some poor cop just doing his or her job (many with a young spouse and babies waiting at home), you make a traffic stop and find a guy who is at the very least stoned, angry and depressed. Walk up to the window and there it is...a gun right there ready to go. Not in the glove box, not under the seat, on a rack or in the case, its right there ready to shoot. Every cop everywhere knows if they have to make a split second decision to shoot or get killed, they will be called out publicly by people who threaten revenge, call them murderers, whine about why they didn't just use the pepper spray, wah, wah ,wah.

People don't act rationally when their life is filled with drugs, alcohol, and infighting. The anger and frustration would be normal in this situation, but you can't mix it with an already messed up approach to life and expect anything but more trouble. I wonder why he was in Abilene anyway? Was he looking for someone and do we know where that someone was last night? Or does Clint carry a gun ready to grab and shoot for some other reason? People who carry for self defense don't keep it loaded on the seat while driving through town, especially not in Abilene. Unless he was driving through the one teeny tiny neighborhood on the north side ( where you can't turn the corner without seeing a cop on a Friday night). There are only two reasons to be there...surely he doesn't have to drive to Abilene to get that!

They need to at least try to hold someone accountable. Their case is not going to get any better, but things could get much worse.

MOO

I'm thankful that he didn't run in to somebody or have a spur of the moment death wish and shoot the cop.

Can you imagine? Some poor cop just doing his or her job (many with a young spouse and babies waiting at home), you make a traffic stop and find a guy who is at the very least stoned, angry and depressed. Walk up to the window and there it is...a gun right there ready to go. Not in the glove box, not under the seat, on a rack or in the case, its right there ready to shoot. Every cop everywhere knows if they have to make a split second decision to shoot or get killed, they will be called out publicly by people who threaten revenge, call them murderers, whine about why they didn't just use the pepper spray, wah, wah ,wah.

People don't act rationally when their life is filled with drugs, alcohol, and infighting. The anger and frustration would be normal in this situation, but you can't mix it with an already messed up approach to life and expect anything but more trouble. I wonder why he was in Abilene anyway? Was he looking for someone and do we know where that someone was last night? Or does Clint carry a gun ready to grab and shoot for some other reason? People who carry for self defense don't keep it loaded on the seat while driving through town, especially not in Abilene. Unless he was driving through the one teeny tiny neighborhood on the north side ( where you can't turn the corner without seeing a cop on a Friday night). There are only two reasons to be there...surely he doesn't have to drive to Abilene to get that!

They need to at least try to hold someone accountable. Their case is not going to get any better, but things could get much worse.

MOO

IRC, CD has multiple felonies. If that's the case, he more than likely didn't purchase the gun legally, because you can't purchase a handgun if you have a felony on your record. A felon with a handgun, he may be in big trouble over this. As far s the pot, honestly, I don't care what he does in his home, but when you're high, out driving around (ESP with a loaded gun), that's where I have a problem! Driving under the influence is not a joke.

I don't approve of Clint's actions, but I understand them from the perspective of hurt/pain. IMO, he is exhibits genuine emotions, in stark contrast to the other parent.

I don't approve of Clint's actions, but I understand them from the perspective of hurt/pain. IMO, he is exhibits genuine emotions, in stark contrast to the other parent.

I agree with what you have posted.

I agree, but I believe it's time he gets his sh** together. Not only for himself, but for DD, and Chloe. It's time to grow up, and be a good father for his living children. Someone has to be in Hailey's corner, and if he's stoned all the time, and getting thrown in jail, who is that helping?

Clint was a druggie before Hailey went missing, and in and out of jail (perhaps his daughter's whole life).
Why would we bash him now for what he has always been?
He isn't a suspect. <shrug>

That's all true. And I don't have a problem with a little weed here and there. But at a certain point a grown man has to GROW UP. His other kids need him now more than ever. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141