Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sweet Hailey was likely dead before she was even reported missing.

The part that kind of rang true to me was the inference that poor Hailey was pay off for someone's drug debt. :cry:

Personally, my current theory is that she was taken as a sort of collateral stemming from a drug dispute/disagreement. If you look at the behaviour of certain individuals after her disappearance, you can kind of see how that might fit, especially with the Odessa claims that came later. My guess is that she was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and taking her was a convenient answer for whoever did it at the time. I don't think it was a planned thing, more of a spur of the moment, and once they had her, having her became a huge liability.

Perhaps she was being used as a go-between to message/transport between this individual and the abductors, and things went south from there.

I disagree that they 'really don't know anything'....They know a lot. They know the main suspect LIED, they know he has no credible alibi, they know his phone pinged at the dump site the day she went missing, they know he said strange things about death and killing, they know he made up a story about where she went, they know he was the last one to see her alive, they know he failed 3 polygraphs, .....

They just don't have the final pieces to put the nail in his coffin. I do think it will happen someday though. :jail:

I think you will find that they went no further with SA after the first week or two precisely because his alibi was credible and corroborated. SA claimed that LE never asked him about how he got to his mothers house, but just asked where he went. If you look at the affidavits, they don't say that they asked him what route he took, they just go "A-Ha!" and say "you went this route" assuming he went the other route. If they had asked him which route he took, they would have said so, but that didn't happen. So, they imply that he was lying, but that is evidence that they were just very poor interrogators. And if they were so sloppy in the interviews, you have to think that their polygraphs were equally unprofessional (which you can tell from the way the progressed trying to narrow down where she was), and that is what let to the "deceptive" findings. I think the truth is simply that the sheriffs department is probably just too incompetent and unprofessional to be able to handle a sophisticated case like this.

There were multiple sightings of HD at or near home that day, there is the phone text message, there is the earring found at the fathers house she supposedly was wearing that day, there were the accidental mentions of in laws placing her at the fathers house that day - there is a lot of stuff that puts her at home when SA was at his mothers house. And after that there is not enough time for SA to have done anything. The prosecutor would not be able to take the case to court and argue that SA did it with all that contradictory evidence out there. That is why, in the absence of any other leads, no progress has been made in bringing anything to trial.

After that, they might still have thought it was him, but whatever happened could not have been as simple as him going back home that day and taking her. Unless they could come up with an alternative scenario that was supported by real evidence outside of innuendo, they would not be able to proceed any further than that.

People like to beat up on BD and SA simply because they don't like them, but the truth is that whatever they said they did that day has probably been corroborated. After that, with the absence of any other leads and a long cold trail, no further progress could be made, and we end up where we are today.

Also don't forget that Billie was spotted by a witness in Shawn's car in the work car park and the work colleague that Billie says took her to work was never named nor interviewed publicly to my knowledge.

The witness was either lying or was mistaken. LE provided very specific details about when BD left home, as well as that someone drove her. In order to state that as fact on the affidavit they would have needed to corroborate that, which means that they would have spoken to the person who drove her, determined when she left (through phone records) and when she arrived (through the hospitals records).

If either SA or BD's accounts of their movements could be proven to not match their statements, there would have been more search warrants, and you can bet that they would have been charged with making false statements and/or obstruction. None of that happened, which means that their accounts are what actually happened that day.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Sc...ey-Dunns-case-hasnt-gone-cold--411720455.html

[h=1]Scurry County DA's Office says Hailey Dunn case hasn't gone cold[/h]

That tells me they are pointing in a different direction now.

SA would still be considered a POI, because until they know for certain that it was not him, the POI designation would not be retracted.

I am curious why they have only taken over the case now - surely Scurry would have had jurisdiction as soon as she was found?

The witness was either lying or was mistaken. LE provided very specific details about when BD left home, as well as that someone drove her. In order to state that as fact on the affidavit they would have needed to corroborate that, which means that they would have spoken to the person who drove her, determined when she left (through phone records) and when she arrived (through the hospitals records).

If either SA or BD's accounts of their movements could be proven to not match their statements, there would have been more search warrants, and you can bet that they would have been charged with making false statements and/or obstruction. None of that happened, which means that their accounts are what actually happened that day.

Perhaps they lied or were mistaken, it holds about as much weight as the sightings of Hailey that evening. But I don't find the alternate details of the events in the affidavits that specific at all. I think LE would be quite capable of using what they've been told from Billie as a "witness" for evidence that Hailey is alone in the house by 6:20, to provide a window of opportunity for Shawn by the time his phone is pinging at 635 and 656 from the "home" tower. Much easier sell that step-dad is responsible than step-dad and mum. They certainly don't commit to Billie getting a lift, just that she was enroute to her job, though I'm very happy to be corrected if it is written somewhere like that I've overlooked.

I was surprised when Clint straight-up said "yes" in response to the Crime Watch Daily interviewer's question about whether he feels Billie was involved in Hailey's demise.

I hadn't heard him be so definitive in past interviews (but, I haven't followed all the threads in the last couple of years). I'd only seen him considering every possibility, then questioning Billie's judgment while pointing the finger directly at SA.

In the new interview, Billie says many times that "I'm the mom", "I'm Hailey's mom"... Yeah, we know. She's the mom who brought SA into Hailey's life and moved him into the home with Hailey after he'd threatened to kill Billie and Hailey.

She's the mom who went on tv, radio, and social media while her daughter was missing in order to defend her love of SA (after he'd lied about his alibi, failed a poly, etc) . She's the mom who hid the named suspect in her daughter's disappearance from LE...

Anyway......I feel for Clint trying to reconcile all of that while trying to deal with the loss of his girl. I hope like hell that he's as involved as he wants to be in planning Hailey's funeral.

Very well said. I thought Clint looked better in this interview. I will never believe anything Billie says tho. Poor excuse for a mom.

That tells me they are pointing in a different direction now.

SA would still be considered a POI, because until they know for certain that it was not him, the POI designation would not be retracted.

I am curious why they have only taken over the case now - surely Scurry would have had jurisdiction as soon as she was found?

You might be right, but it seems as likely or more likely to me that LE's comment about other possible POIs means that LE believes SA had an accomplice(s).

Perhaps they lied or were mistaken, it holds about as much weight as the sightings of Hailey that evening. But I don't find the alternate details of the events in the affidavits that specific at all. I think LE would be quite capable of using what they've been told from Billie as a "witness" for evidence that Hailey is alone in the house by 6:20, to provide a window of opportunity for Shawn by the time his phone is pinging at 635 and 656 from the "home" tower. Much easier sell that step-dad is responsible than step-dad and mum. They certainly don't commit to Billie getting a lift, just that she was enroute to her job, though I'm very happy to be corrected if it is written somewhere like that I've overlooked.
Step dad?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Step dad?

You reminded me of something that kinda bothered me when I watched Billie's latest interview, lonetraveler -- at 5:25 mark in video below.
[video=youtube;JOyUjZNlcEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOyUjZNlcEg[/video]

When asked whether Hailey ever expressed fear of Shawn since Billie had moved him into the house after he'd reportedly threatened to kill her months earlier, or whether Hailey instead accepted him as the boyfriend and part of the family.... Billie says that Shawn was never made out to be the dad or the step-dad. She says that Shawn was just there to be Hailey's friend.

I don't believe that Shawn Adkins was living in the family home to be Hailey's friend.

I think you will find that they went no further with SA after the first week or two precisely because his alibi was credible and corroborated. SA claimed that LE never asked him about how he got to his mothers house, but just asked where he went. If you look at the affidavits, they don't say that they asked him what route he took, they just go "A-Ha!" and say "you went this route" assuming he went the other route. If they had asked him which route he took, they would have said so, but that didn't happen. So, they imply that he was lying, but that is evidence that they were just very poor interrogators. And if they were so sloppy in the interviews, you have to think that their polygraphs were equally unprofessional (which you can tell from the way the progressed trying to narrow down where she was), and that is what let to the "deceptive" findings. I think the truth is simply that the sheriffs department is probably just too incompetent and unprofessional to be able to handle a sophisticated case like this.

There were multiple sightings of HD at or near home that day, there is the phone text message, there is the earring found at the fathers house she supposedly was wearing that day, there were the accidental mentions of in laws placing her at the fathers house that day - there is a lot of stuff that puts her at home when SA was at his mothers house. And after that there is not enough time for SA to have done anything. The prosecutor would not be able to take the case to court and argue that SA did it with all that contradictory evidence out there. That is why, in the absence of any other leads, no progress has been made in bringing anything to trial.

After that, they might still have thought it was him, but whatever happened could not have been as simple as him going back home that day and taking her. Unless they could come up with an alternative scenario that was supported by real evidence outside of innuendo, they would not be able to proceed any further than that.

People like to beat up on BD and SA simply because they don't like them, but the truth is that whatever they said they did that day has probably been corroborated. After that, with the absence of any other leads and a long cold trail, no further progress could be made, and we end up where we are today.

SA's alibi was not corroborated and credible. He started by saying he had been FIRED BY HIS BOSS. That was a LIE. His boss said SA inexplicably walked off the job, with no words about it, at 6:10 am. WHAT A COINCIDENCE that he walks away from his high paying job, for no apparent reason, the very day that Hailey goes missing.

The witnesses that say they saw Hailey are not very credible. And that lone text that was supposedly from Hailey means nothing. It could have been anyone. I don't know any 13 yr old girls, home alone on a vacationed day, with a cell, that would text ONE TEXT to a friend. No calls, no communication at all to anyone else. When a popular 13 yr old is looking for something to do, she is texting more than one text to one person.

I do not believe for a second that it was Hailey texting.

If the witnesses were correct about Hailey being out and about with other kids, in town, then there would be more than just that one lady having seen her. It is a small town where everyone knows everyone else. That sighting does not seem credible to me.

SA lied about his day at work, lied about his wherebouts after work, flunked 2 poly's, gave a bogus story about where Hailey was, admitted that he was the last one to see her alive, and then acted strangely for weeks and months...

You reminded me of something that kinda bothered me when I watched Billie's latest interview, lonetraveler -- at 5:25 mark in video below.
[video=youtube;JOyUjZNlcEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOyUjZNlcEg[/video]

When asked whether Hailey ever expressed fear of Shawn since Billie had moved him into the house after he'd reportedly threatened to kill her months earlier, or whether Hailey instead accepted him as the boyfriend and part of the family.... Billie says that Shawn was never made out to be the dad or the step-dad. She says that Shawn was just there to be Hailey's friend.

I don't believe that Shawn Adkins was living in the family home to be Hailey's friend.
I was responding to another poster who referred to 'step-dad'. I know that SA was Billie's boyfriend and I agree, he wasn't there to be friends with HD. Young girls at that age are usually jealous of mama's boyfriends and many times there is a lot of friction and animosity between them, especially if boyfriend attempts to boss them around. The story she told about SA creeping outside of her bedroom door and staring at her says volumes to me.

Billie has said in interviews that she planned to cremate Hailey's remains. Reference: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hailey-...ead-two-years-after-disappearance-speaks-out/

In today's news, it's being reported that Hailey will be "laid to rest". Reference: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Family-to-lay-Hailey-Dunn-to-rest-after-six-years-411579165.html

I wonder if Hailey's remains were released on condition that she not be cremated, in case exhumation is later requested/required by LE. Or, does "laid to rest" apply to cremated remains as well?

No. Laid to rest means buried or entombed. I'm also curious about that. Don't know if they can make that type of stipulation.

I was surprised when Clint straight-up said "yes" in response to the Crime Watch Daily interviewer's question about whether he feels Billie was involved in Hailey's demise.

I hadn't heard him be so definitive in past interviews (but, I haven't followed all the threads in the last couple of years). I'd only seen him considering every possibility, then questioning Billie's judgment while pointing the finger directly at SA.

In the new interview, Billie says many times that "I'm the mom", "I'm Hailey's mom"... Yeah, we know. She's the mom who brought SA into Hailey's life and moved him into the home with Hailey after he'd threatened to kill Billie and Hailey.

She's the mom who went on tv, radio, and social media while her daughter was missing in order to defend her love of SA (after he'd lied about his alibi, failed a poly, etc) . She's the mom who hid the named suspect in her daughter's disappearance from LE...

Anyway......I feel for Clint trying to reconcile all of that while trying to deal with the loss of his girl. I hope like hell that he's as involved as he wants to be in planning Hailey's funeral.

Ditto, well said.

She's the mom who should have been born without a uterus.

SA's alibi was not corroborated and credible. He started by saying he had been FIRED BY HIS BOSS. That was a LIE. His boss said SA inexplicably walked off the job, with no words about it, at 6:10 am. WHAT A COINCIDENCE that he walks away from his high paying job, for no apparent reason, the very day that Hailey goes missing.

The witnesses that say they saw Hailey are not very credible. And that lone text that was supposedly from Hailey means nothing. It could have been anyone. I don't know any 13 yr old girls, home alone on a vacationed day, with a cell, that would text ONE TEXT to a friend. No calls, no communication at all to anyone else. When a popular 13 yr old is looking for something to do, she is texting more than one text to one person.

I do not believe for a second that it was Hailey texting.

If the witnesses were correct about Hailey being out and about with other kids, in town, then there would be more than just that one lady having seen her. It is a small town where everyone knows everyone else. That sighting does not seem credible to me.

SA lied about his day at work, lied about his wherebouts after work, flunked 2 poly's, gave a bogus story about where Hailey was, admitted that he was the last one to see her alive, and then acted strangely for weeks and months...

You are so right. Kids text constantly.

I think Shawn and/or Billie murdered her and the other one was complicit and helped in the disposal of the body and all the lies that followed.

You are so right. Kids text constantly.

I think Shawn and/or Billie murdered her and the other one was complicit and helped in the disposal of the body and all the lies that followed.

And it happened after the stop at the ATM for drugs, and after David left that night. The cover-up began the following morning.

I was responding to another poster who referred to 'step-dad'. I know that SA was Billie's boyfriend and I agree, he wasn't there to be friends with HD. Young girls at that age are usually jealous of mama's boyfriends and many times there is a lot of friction and animosity between them, especially if boyfriend attempts to boss them around. The story she told about SA creeping outside of her bedroom door and staring at her says volumes to me.

IMO Shawn was lusting after Hailey and I think Billie was the jealous one here. Poor Hailey was caught up in a deadly situation as what little we know certainly reveals.

Go back and listen to the interviews of her Grandmother. She was confiding in her how scared she was of SA. His lies and actions the day Hailey went missing are astronomical to me......POI/Suspect/Murderer in my eyes.
Yes there could have been accomplices, but SA is responsible for Hailey not being here now in my opinion.....:jail:

Go back and listen to the interviews of her Grandmother. She was confiding in her how scared she was of SA. His lies and actions the day Hailey went missing are astronomical to me......POI/Suspect/Murderer in my eyes.
Yes there could have been accomplices, but SA is responsible for Hailey not being here now in my opinion.....:jail:

I agree but I also think her mother was the accomplice. I think they both belong in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn