Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Shawn was lusting after Hailey and I think Billie was the jealous one here. Poor Hailey was caught up in a deadly situation as what little we know certainly reveals.

Oh I agree, SA IMO was lusting after Hailey. I can imagine the atmosphere in that home. There was probably tension you could cut with a knife.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...-city-teen-hailey-dunn-laid-to-rest/646915576

Colorado City Teen Hailey Dunn Laid to Rest

Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was finally laid to rest on Sunday morning.

According to the Hope for Hailey Dunn Facebook page, family from both sides attended Dunn's funeral.

As of right now, the location of Hailey's grave site will not be disclosed to the public.

Hailey was last seen alive on December 27, 2010. Billie Dunn reported her missing the next day after she failed to come home from a friend's house she said she was staying at the night before.

The friend told detectives Hailey had never arrived as planned.

BBM
Is this story correct? IIRC she nevver spoke to her Mom or the friend. Wasn't it stated by the POI she was going to a friend's house? And didn't this friend say Hailey never was coming to spend the night? In fact, didn't the friend's Mom say Hailey had never spent the night with her daughter? I think it should read this is the story SA told! Am I remembering correctly?

Anyway, she is buried in a secret location! Except it was stated in the stories earlier this week she would be laid to rest in Luling where BD lives now.....

I wonder if Clint put his foot down and she has been buried somewhere close to him? Just wondering.....

Not sure why Haileys resting place needs to be secret, but another news story from today said it is in Luling. Finally this sweet child received a dignified funeral. Hopefully justice is next.

SA's alibi was not corroborated and credible. He started by saying he had been FIRED BY HIS BOSS. That was a LIE. His boss said SA inexplicably walked off the job, with no words about it, at 6:10 am. WHAT A COINCIDENCE that he walks away from his high paying job, for no apparent reason, the very day that Hailey goes missing.

The witnesses that say they saw Hailey are not very credible. And that lone text that was supposedly from Hailey means nothing. It could have been anyone. I don't know any 13 yr old girls, home alone on a vacationed day, with a cell, that would text ONE TEXT to a friend. No calls, no communication at all to anyone else. When a popular 13 yr old is looking for something to do, she is texting more than one text to one person.

I do not believe for a second that it was Hailey texting.

If the witnesses were correct about Hailey being out and about with other kids, in town, then there would be more than just that one lady having seen her. It is a small town where everyone knows everyone else. That sighting does not seem credible to me.

SA lied about his day at work, lied about his wherebouts after work, flunked 2 poly's, gave a bogus story about where Hailey was, admitted that he was the last one to see her alive, and then acted strangely for weeks and months...

He told BD that he had been fired. Judging from the house they lived in I doubt that they had much income, and if he lost his job that income would be reduced and BD would be none too pleased. Being fired is something that would be outside his control, which is quite different from just quitting. BD could live with him being fired, but she would boot his *advertiser censored* out of the house if he quit, so he told her he had been fired. He apparently did not tell LE that though (otherwise they would have said so explicitly in the affidavit - they actually say that he told them that he quit - instead they say that he said that he was fired, but did not say to whom he said this). They were conflating what BD told them with what the manager told them and came up with a contradiction. If they had asked the proper questions in the first place there would be no discrepancy. Well, they did ask the proper questions, but they phrased it in the affidavit in an ambiguous way that made it seem incriminating. The purpose of that was so they could get their search warrant, but not actually lie.

Whether you think that the witnesses who claimed to have seen HD are credible or not is moot - they have made those claims and those claims have not been disproven. The claims they made seem credible to me.

The lone text means everything, since someone had to make it and it obviously could not be either BD or SA. The source of the text would have been obvious from its routing information, so the fact that it was sent from the house and sent to HD's friend is convincing evidence that HD sent it, or someone else that had both access to the house and knew who her friends were. That is a very short list, and if it excludes BD and SA by virtue of them being somewhere else at the time, there are not a whole lot of other people who could have sent it. If not HD, then who else on that very short list do you suggest?

We don't really know what other texts or calls may have been made, other than a text was sent to her friend (who apparently had no knowledge of the text, according to her mother - has no one asked how that could have worked? I can tell you - it doesn't - there is no denying the routing). Specifically, we know about that text because the message was physically on the phone. There may be other messages, deleted, and calls as well, none of which would be apparent on casual inspection of the phone. You would need the phone records from the telcom for that. We know from the final set of affidavits that LE requested that information from the telcom, and once they received it notice how progress pursuing SA suddenly stopped? I will tell you the reason why - it is because it would have been obvious that HD was at home while SA was in Big Spring. Once that happened they had no probable cause to continue on that line.

There were three different people who reported seeing her IIRC, including one who observed her in the back yard using the phone at approximately the time the text message was sent.

As far as I can tell, SA might have lied to BD about what he was doing, but he did not lie to LE (otherwise he would be behind bars right now). Polygraphs will show deceptive responses if the interview is not done correctly. For example, if it is done in an inquisitorial manner the person being interviewed will become defensive and that will show up as deception. And we know that it was done in an inquisitorial manner because they actually say in the affidavits that they were trying to narrow down the location of HD. SA was co-operating with them until it dawned on him that they were trying to frame him - that is why he walked out. What would you do under those circumstances? Just stay there and be framed?

What evidence is there that SA behaved strangely for weeks and months? He seemed to behave quite normally as far as I can tell, considering that people were basically accusing him of murder.

Not sure why Haileys resting place needs to be secret, but another news story from today said it is in Luling. Finally this sweet child received a dignified funeral. Hopefully justice is next.

Probably because the family doesn't want a bunch of strangers showing up and building a shrine on top of her grave. I think it is perfectly understandable.

You might be right, but it seems as likely or more likely to me that LE's comment about other possible POIs means that LE believes SA had an accomplice(s).

No, it means that they are looking at other people. Until the case is closed a named POI will remain a POI until they can prove otherwise. It is just how it works. LE don't want to be placed in a situation where they later change their mind and in trial are confronted with their statements that X was not the perp.

If you remember the Jaycee Dugard case, the stepfather was initially a suspect. LE decided that he was probably not responsible for what happened after a few weeks, but they never told him that. So he lived under a cloud of suspicion for the next 18 years.

Perhaps they lied or were mistaken, it holds about as much weight as the sightings of Hailey that evening. But I don't find the alternate details of the events in the affidavits that specific at all. I think LE would be quite capable of using what they've been told from Billie as a "witness" for evidence that Hailey is alone in the house by 6:20, to provide a window of opportunity for Shawn by the time his phone is pinging at 635 and 656 from the "home" tower. Much easier sell that step-dad is responsible than step-dad and mum. They certainly don't commit to Billie getting a lift, just that she was enroute to her job, though I'm very happy to be corrected if it is written somewhere like that I've overlooked.

LE at not allowed to lie in an affidavit, so if they state something as a straight up fact it is a straight up fact. Now, there may be nuances that they "forget" to make something appear incriminating, but the fact that they provided specific information in the affidavit means that it is correct.

No, it means that they are looking at other people. Until the case is closed a named POI will remain a POI until they can prove otherwise. It is just how it works. LE don't want to be placed in a situation where they later change their mind and in trial are confronted with their statements that X was not the perp.

If you remember the Jaycee Dugard case, the stepfather was initially a suspect. LE decided that he was probably not responsible for what happened after a few weeks, but they never told him that. So he lived under a cloud of suspicion for the next 18 years.

Unless you're a member of the LE team working this case or have confirmed insider info from a member of the LE team working this case, stating your beliefs as if they're facts doesn't make them facts.

As I said, you MAY turn out to be right. And, you may be wrong.

I hope we find out with an arrest(s) soon.

Wow, the contents of that article kinda blew me away, liltexans.

Clint found out about the plot location and the funeral (to which he was not invited) on social media. That's some serious BS.

And, he sure isn't being wishy washy or holding his tongue anymore.

From the link:
I’m worried about getting justice for Hailey, and Billie Jean is worried about getting her remains, burying her, and issuing press releases about it”, Clint Dunn said of his ex-wife. The problem is, Hailey will never ‘truly rest’ until she has justice. I almost feel like, ‘let Billie Jean have this one, and soak up the attention’, because I’m the one who’s going to be in Court seeking justice for Hailey. Billie Jean might get to be there, too, whether she likes it or not'”.

Yep, get your girl justice, Clint.

I am so glad Clint has finally found his voice! Thank you lilt exams for finding that article.

I can't link of course, but there is much being said on Facebook regarding the article Lil linked above.

From the beginning this case has been #%@$%!! Who's telling the truth about the funeral? There is only one person who was arrested for lying and it wasn't Clint. Poor Hailey, it strikes me that even her funeral can't be without drama. The behaviour from the adults in her life, just leaves me shaking my head. Who was looking out for her well-being and safety? Someone has a bunch of blind spots, you can see them in the comments she makes.

LE at not allowed to lie in an affidavit, so if they state something as a straight up fact it is a straight up fact. Now, there may be nuances that they "forget" to make something appear incriminating, but the fact that they provided specific information in the affidavit means that it is correct.

"Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence in Colardo City, Texas, enroute to her job in Snyder, Texas, at approximately 6:20am",

The police are not presenting it as a corroborated fact, nor is there any mention of a lift. I have personally never seen any evidence of the lift. You'd think they'd be a name floating out there all these years later at least.

"Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence in Colardo City, Texas, enroute to her job in Snyder, Texas, at approximately 6:20am",

The police are not presenting it as a corroborated fact, nor is there any mention of a lift. I have personally never seen any evidence of the lift. You'd think they'd be a name floating out there all these years later at least.
I am pretty sure Clint's sister gave BD a lift that day either to work or home. Either,way I think all of us should reread this case because it is pretty clear our memories are fading and Hailey is not being served justice on our faulty memories.

Where is the ex Boyfriend? Shawn?..why did they wait this long to release her body? So many questions after so many years.

Unless you're a member of the LE team working this case or have confirmed insider info from a member of the LE team working this case, stating your beliefs as if they're facts doesn't make them facts.

As I said, you MAY turn out to be right. And, you may be wrong.

I hope we find out with an arrest(s) soon.

Well, my argument was made on a literal interpretation of the statement. They said "they were still considering Adkins a suspect in 2015, though they are investigating other leads", which means that they are looking at other people unrelated to SA. SA is referred to in past tense when it comes to investigations ("still" refers to his status as a suspect, not the investigation, which is dealt with in the bit after the comma) . Present tense investigations is someone else. He is still considered a suspect, presumably because they have not proven that he is not a suspect. Until such time as they can prove he is not a suspect, he will remain a suspect (does that make sense? Not sure if I have explained it well enough). Also, it is now 2017, that statement was made in 2015. My guess is at the anniversary of HD's abduction, so 2 years ago. The date implies that that part of the news article was actually taken from an interview done quite some time ago, and was just inserted into the report as filler information. We have no idea what investigators are doing right now, if anything. That is one of the problems with reports such as these in small news outlets, they are usually a mishmash of older reports cobbled together around some new development, often with rephrasing going on that might change the original meaning and context.

Do you interpret that as something different? And what would your argument be?

They state specifically that BD's travels were established by "records and interviews of witnesses". Presumably they have actually seen these records and actually interviewed these witnesses, unless you are accusing them of lying on the affidavit.

If SA had taken BD to work then presumably this evidence would also show that, and presumably they would have said so in the affidavit, as evidence that SA did not do what he said he did. After all, the whole purpose of the affidavit was to make SA look guilty, so I find it really hard to believe that they would overlook something as obvious as that.

The fact that they used "records and interviews of witnesses" to establish what BD did means that we can be 100% certain that is what actually happened. There is no room for doubt. Either LE are lieing or these people making alternate claims are lieing/mistaken.

Hailey Dunn laid to rest without her father present

(VNO) — According to news reports, Hailey Darlene Dunn, the 13-year-old west Texan whose 2010 disappearance grabbed the hearts of the nation, was finally laid to rest yesterday in a private family ceremony.

A ceremony that did not include her father.

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/01/hailey-dunn-laid-to-rest-without-her-father-present/

The explanation is probably pretty simple, such BD not knowing how to get hold of him. Based on what has been reported over the years he seems to keep a very low profile and people don't seem to know where he is most times.

They state specifically that BD's travels were established by "records and interviews of witnesses". Presumably they have actually seen these records and actually interviewed these witnesses, unless you are accusing them of lying on the affidavit.

If SA had taken BD to work then presumably this evidence would also show that, and presumably they would have said so in the affidavit, as evidence that SA did not do what he said he did. After all, the whole purpose of the affidavit was to make SA look guilty, so I find it really hard to believe that they would overlook something as obvious as that.

The fact that they used "records and interviews of witnesses" to establish what BD did means that we can be 100% certain that is what actually happened. There is no room for doubt. Either LE are lieing or these people making alternate claims are lieing/mistaken.

Not lying, perhaps obscuring. You must agree at a minimum they do not state HOW she was enroute?

You should also note the use of "indicate" versus confirmed.

Lots of ambiguity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member