Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I'm still waiting too. Does anyone know how to check dockets? I used to check for SA and another and I can't remember what link or how to do it.

Just saw the same thing and came here to check in ... the announcement was very vague, leaving one to question "who" it would be coming from. Hopefully, it's from LE and after an arrest has been made. :please:

ETA-In the comment section, that person said he "hopes to stir the pot for justice". My guess is this will be a ploy for web hits ... SMH, the carp never ends in this case, poor Hailey.

My guess is the announcement has to do more with television than law enforcement. According to Hailey's mother's facebook page, she has requested that the television show "Cold Justice" investigate the case. She is also requesting that others contact LE to encourage them to allow the television show access to the case. According to the website of this show, LE must approve their involvement.
I see an obvious snafu. If LE is still holding the poor child's remains, they must not believe this case is cold.

My guess is the announcement has to do more with television than law enforcement. According to Hailey's mother's facebook page, she has requested that the television show "Cold Justice" investigate the case. She is also requesting that others contact LE to encourage them to allow the television show access to the case. According to the website of this show, LE must approve their involvement.

I see an obvious snafu. If LE is still holding the poor child's remains, they must not believe this case is cold.

Obviously, LE is not communicating with or sharing any type of updates with her. IMO, this is (in her simpleton mind) a way to either get information from LE, or pressure them into making a public statement about the investigation. Their silence, and the fact they have not released her remains must be getting to her. MOO, BAAA and CLUCK-CLUCK.

@matou, I tried to access the dockets for Scurry county the other day and never got anywhere.

I am still checking this thread and with friends who also follow the case for updates. Something HAS to give eventually.

Praying for arrest(s)

Nobody has given up Hailey. Still right here waiting for justice.

Obviously, LE is not communicating with or sharing any type of updates with her. IMO, this is (in her simpleton mind) a way to either get information from LE, or pressure them into making a public statement about the investigation. Their silence, and the fact they have not released her remains must be getting to her. MOO, BAAA and CLUCK-CLUCK.

My gut instinct is that someone is getting sick of the comments/criticisms that she is doing nothing to find the killer of her child, so she is rousting herself up to "show" the public that she is doing something, dadnabbit! And she is doing it in a way that she hopes will silence as many wagging tongues as possible.

My personal response to the effort: Try again. Wag your own tongue. Come clean with all you know. Hailey deserves nothing less.

ETA: "CLUCK-CLUCK?" LMBO

I would love to see justice for Hailey. Bothers me though that all that supposed CP and never an arrest from that. If LE said they were going to arrest someone I wouldn't believe it until they smack the handcuffs on them.

I would love to see justice for Hailey. Bothers me though that all that supposed CP and never an arrest from that. If LE said they were going to arrest someone I wouldn't believe it until they smack the handcuffs on them.

I suspect that there wasn't all that much CP, and maybe none. In any event there doesn't appear to be anything connecting any of the main characters in this case to the CP, other than that one of them was related to the people who lived in the house where it was found. At the time when that story was going on I think that local LE were looking for any excuse they could find to arrest SA, or at least focus negative attention on him, so the evidence was very flimsy or maybe not there at all.

I've never really got how people became so convinced that it had to be SA's, even though his connection to it was as flimsy as it gets. I think it was more a case of people wanting it to be so, than actually being so.

There are two points there. Firstly, a DA is an elected politician, usually they have an office with assistant DAs staffing it who do the actual prosecutions. The DA plays a managerial role. Snyder is a small county, but even so I expect there are more than one DA in the office. If the elected DA retired, one of the staffers would fill that position until the next election. I think it is improbable that any DA would retire when the case of their career was pending though, so you could read that as to mean that no charges are pending in Snyder.

The second point is that since the discovery of the body, the FBI has apparently been the goto agency for comment (even the Snyder sheriffs department directed reporters to talk to them in one news report). That implies that the FBI has claimed jurisdiction. Alternatively, the Snyder sheriff's department has recognized that they do not have the expertise or experience to conduct an investigation like this. If the FBI does have jurisdiction, then the case would be prosecuted in federal court by a US attorney/assistant attornkmey.

If they determine that the body was dumped in Snyder, but the crime took place in CC (for example), then the case would be sent back to that county for prosecution. Since the FBI is apparently still running the investigation I would guess that as far as they know, the crime did not happen in CC. Either that, or they just don't want Toombs doing the investigation.

In any event, because of the publicity associated with this case, a trial likely would not be held in any of the local towns, it would probably be in one of the neighbouring cities.

Hopefully, Tom Green county.

There are two points there. Firstly, a DA is an elected politician, usually they have an office with assistant DAs staffing it who do the actual prosecutions. The DA plays a managerial role. Snyder is a small county, but even so I expect there are more than one DA in the office. If the elected DA retired, one of the staffers would fill that position until the next election. I think it is improbable that any DA would retire when the case of their career was pending though, so you could read that as to mean that no charges are pending in Snyder.

The second point is that since the discovery of the body, the FBI has apparently been the goto agency for comment (even the Snyder sheriffs department directed reporters to talk to them in one news report). That implies that the FBI has claimed jurisdiction. Alternatively, the Snyder sheriff's department has recognized that they do not have the expertise or experience to conduct an investigation like this. If the FBI does have jurisdiction, then the case would be prosecuted in federal court by a US attorney/assistant attorney.

If they determine that the body was dumped in Snyder, but the crime took place in CC (for example), then the case would be sent back to that county for prosecution. Since the FBI is apparently still running the investigation I would guess that as far as they know, the crime did not happen in CC. Either that, or they just don't want Toombs doing the investigation.

In any event, because of the publicity associated with this case, a trial likely would not be held in any of the local towns, it would probably be in one of the neighbouring cities.

I don't see it as any county or office failing. It could involve multiple crimes. You can't look away from that. The FBI has jurisdiction because they have more information to cross reference in data bases, fully equipped labs, forensic tools you name it. Big boy toys in crime solving. Doesn't sound like anyone is protesting that FBI is the lead. I surely wouldn't if protecting a small town.

The FBI has units that provide assistance to local LE agencies when needed. The local agency retains jurisdiction and runs the investigation. That is what happened at the start, when Toombs had the case. Now it is different and this doesn't appear to be the case here however.

Was she found on federal land? That might be the reason why they have jurisdiction and not the local sheriff.

The FBI has units that provide assistance to local LE agencies when needed. The local agency retains jurisdiction and runs the investigation. That is what happened at the start, when Toombs had the case. Now it is different and this doesn't appear to be the case here however.

Was she found on federal land? That might be the reason why they have jurisdiction and not the local sheriff.

Please, tell me the hierarchy in the local LE. Why would the sheriffs dept have the case and not the Police dept? Also, does each agency focus their investigation on different theories... runaway, kidnapped, etc.

Please, tell me the hierarchy in the local LE. Why would the sheriffs dept have the case and not the Police dept? Also, does each agency focus their investigation on different theories... runaway, kidnapped, etc.

Good questions.

I would like to see a link or two saying the FBI has the lead now. Doesn't Scurry Co. have the case? If the FBI is still in charge maybe someone could post a link about what they are doing. Did they ever re interview anyone even before Hailey was found in Scurry Co. March?

As for Toombs. He made tons of noise about non existing CP. Thanks to him some, who don't keep up, still believe that there was CP without prosecution.

IMO when Toombs used 'CP' as a major distraction to get focus off finding a missing child, I believe the PD in C-City was supposed to be the lead in investigating Hailey's disappearance not MCSD . IMO the LE agencies themselves have messed up so much it is impossible to know who did or didn't do what. All those agencies........ and where is justice for Hailey? :moo:

I believe that the sheriff is the senior law enforcement officer in each county, so they have jurisdiction in that county if they wanted it, unless the state or federal government claims authority.

It may be handled somewhat differently in a large city where the county essentially is the city, then the local PD would handle things for practical purposes.

In rural counties CC the sheriff's department is located in the town as well, so they would probably handle most serious law enforcement, with the town PD doing things like keeping the peace and handling municipal offences.

I believe that the sheriff is the senior law enforcement officer in each county, so they have jurisdiction in that county if they wanted it, unless the state or federal government claims authority.

It may be handled somewhat differently in a large city where the county essentially is the city, then the local PD would handle things for practical purposes.

In rural counties CC the sheriff's department is located in the town as well, so they would probably handle most serious law enforcement, with the town PD doing things like keeping the peace and handling municipal offences.

I can see that considering ccity has only 5 or 6 officers. Mixing the sheriff's dpt and pd makes sence. In Hailey's case now that would be Scurry County, Sheriff Trey Wilson. Toombs nor ccity have been involved since Hailey was found. Tx Rangers say Scurry county has Jurisdiction, Scurry County says FBI and the FBI says Scurry County again. Parents are in touch with all agencies even though each agency is fumbling with the big question of WHO IS GOING TO FIND HAILEY'S MURDERER?

Good questions.

I would like to see a link or two saying the FBI has the lead now. Doesn't Scurry Co. have the case? If the FBI is still in charge maybe someone could post a link about what they are doing. Did they ever re interview anyone even before Hailey was found in Scurry Co. March?

As for Toombs. He made tons of noise about non existing CP. Thanks to him some, who don't keep up, still believe that there was CP without prosecution.

IMO when Toombs used 'CP' as a major distraction to get focus off finding a missing child, I believe the PD in C-City was supposed to be the lead in investigating Hailey's disappearance not MCSD . IMO the LE agencies themselves have messed up so much it is impossible to know who did or didn't do what. All those agencies........ and where is justice for Hailey? :moo:

Excellent points made and great questions!

As for the pictures that "resembled" CP... that came out of Big Spring. I wonder if Toombs ever got to see it or was just told that it existed.

As for the pictures that "resembled" CP... that came out of Big Spring. I wonder if Toombs ever got to see it or was just told that it existed.
They also found a memory stick with beastiality and other deviant sexual content in a drawer in Billie's house. Not sure if it had Cp on it or not.

Toombs held a small press conference and said there was no cp in Scurry or Mitchell county, I can't find a link. It was a quick clip on NewsWest 9. We've called Howard County and there is no cp investigation going on in regards to Hailey's case. HoCo Sheriff's Dpt 432-264-2231 or 432-264-2244

According to my research there is no time limit on federal prosecutions for child *advertiser censored*...sometimes I have wondered if that possibility was being held back, so it could be enacted upon at a later date....kind of an if all else fails kind of situation... We do not really know WHAT was found, but that thought has been in the back of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8