Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
imho feels like deflection?

Look! Over there!

jmho ymmv lrr

Maybe they should give up the criminal prosecutions if they don't have
evidence to back it up. At least, they're trying to give some explanation for how the live rounds got in the stage prop gun.

Hannah must have brought the live rounds to the set to for recreational shooting with the crew, then was too hungover to realize she loaded them in AB's gun instead of blanks. Maybe the state can fine the production company as a way to send a message and prevent further incidents.

Maybe they should give up the criminal prosecutions if they don't have
evidence to back it up. At least, they're trying to give some explanation for how the live rounds got in the stage prop gun.

Hannah must have brought the live rounds to the set to for recreational shooting with the crew, then was too hungover to realize she loaded them in AB's gun instead of blanks. Maybe the state can fine the production company as a way to send a message and prevent further incidents.

And, we do not know who brought the live rounds.

imho, an armourer starting a career would be extremely careful. imho if HGR wanted a career & wanted respect for herself instead of for her status as her father's daughter she would avoid any such problems.

imho the production was structured in a way that prevented HGR (and likely other workers) from doing their jobs well.

Keep in mind that drug use or no, youth or no, Assistant Director Hall handled that firearm after HGR. imho, that gives a competent defense attorney an advantage.

As you suggest, it's likely that other productions have learned from this tragedy and tightened their safety protocols.

Waiting to see how this plays out.

jmho ymmv lrr

The NY Times has a statement from the special prosecutor regarding the recent revelations:

In her statement, Ms. Morrissey defended the integrity of law enforcement’s investigation, writing, “We disagree with Mr. Shilling’s evaluation that any gaps in the investigation conducted by the Santa Fe County Sheriff could not be cured and we are diligently working with the sheriff’s department and our own investigative team to conduct any necessary follow-up that we, as special prosecutors, deem necessary.”

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the police investigation.

And, we do not know who brought the live rounds.

imho, an armourer starting a career would be extremely careful. imho if HGR wanted a career & wanted respect for herself instead of for her status as her father's daughter she would avoid any such problems.

imho the production was structured in a way that prevented HGR (and likely other workers) from doing their jobs well.

Keep in mind that drug use or no, youth or no, Assistant Director Hall handled that firearm after HGR. imho, that gives a competent defense attorney an advantage.

As you suggest, it's likely that other productions have learned from this tragedy and tightened their safety protocols.

Waiting to see how this plays out.

jmho ymmv lrr
If she did in fact unload drugs that day, she has a real problem. If she were taking her job serious as you suggest, she wouldnt have those things. The spent casings in her bag are another problem IF (and this is a big if) LE can show and lay down foundation that they really were there, I think that will give a jury an explanation of how those rounds got there. That really puts the burden on HGR to show otherwise. No drug/alcohol testing may work against here at this point.
Her best bet now is to just continue to play up the incompetence of the investigation and prosecution.

In a new court filing, prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis said the testimony about a drug transfer will support allegations that Gutierrez-Reed attempted to prevent law enforcement from obtaining evidence related to the handling of the firearm prior to the shooting.

The witness is afraid that if they testify, they could be shut out by the film industry “for coming forward with information about the defendant,” the court filing said. “They wish to keep their identify from the public for as long as possible.”

In a new court filing, prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis said the testimony about a drug transfer will support allegations that Gutierrez-Reed attempted to prevent law enforcement from obtaining evidence related to the handling of the firearm prior to the shooting.

The witness is afraid that if they testify, they could be shut out by the film industry “for coming forward with information about the defendant,” the court filing said. “They wish to keep their identify from the public for as long as possible.”

The filing is here. It explains that the transferred drugs were a small bag of cocaine and the transfer happened after HGR was questioned by the police.

Let me get this straight. The allegation is that HGR was interviewed by police, returned (to where?), fetched a bag of cocaine and handed it to someone else for what, safekeeping? Or is the implication that she had the cocaine on her during the interview? In either case, if she "transferred the cocaine to avoid prosecution" etc., why not just flush it down the toilet? The street price of a gram of cocaine in NM is $150 to $200. She risked everything to save that much money?

Oh, well. it'll all come out in the cross-examination of S1, if it comes to that.

Western Movie-Set Town in NM. PRICE $1,200,000.

I wonder if Alec B., other Rust producers, or wannabees have seen this. :)

From the real est. brokerage sales listing online:
"Welcome to the Town of Gabriella, a unique 1880’s era 100-plus acre western town filming ranch for sale!..."
Now, "being utilized for a western movie set/film location... and 1800s GUNSLINGER REENACTMENT." [[my CAPS ]]
Includes: "a hotel and log cabin, dance hall and saloon, billiard hall, old-time photography studio,... old-time barber shop."
"With Numerous NM film incentives and Netflix making an impact in New Mexico, maybe nows the time to own your own western town!..."

Also included: Gallows on elevated wood platform.
For immediate justice by hanging, after negligent discharges???

Pix at https://img.gtsstatic.net/reno/imag...&option=N&permitphotoenlargement=false&w=1600

PRICE $1,200,000. EXTERIOR 111 Acre(s)

The filing is here. It explains that the transferred drugs were a small bag of cocaine and the transfer happened after HGR was questioned by the police.
I don't think I can agree with the prosecution's effort to keep the witness name secret. I don't like keeping witnesses secret. Additionally, given what is already been stated about the text exchange, I find it hard to believe that most in the production company and the rest of the Hollywood scene don't already know who this person is, or could pretty quickly find out. The cocaine use allegation isn't critical to the State's case. It is just sort of an add on.

Western Movie-Set Town in NM. PRICE $1,200,000.

I wonder if Alec B., other Rust producers, or wannabees have seen this. :)

From the real est. brokerage sales listing online:
"Welcome to the Town of Gabriella, a unique 1880’s era 100-plus acre western town filming ranch for sale!..."
Now, "being utilized for a western movie set/film location... and 1800s GUNSLINGER REENACTMENT." [[my CAPS ]]
Includes: "a hotel and log cabin, dance hall and saloon, billiard hall, old-time photography studio,... old-time barber shop."
"With Numerous NM film incentives and Netflix making an impact in New Mexico, maybe nows the time to own your own western town!..."

Also included: Gallows on elevated wood platform.
For immediate justice by hanging, after negligent discharges???

Pix at https://img.gtsstatic.net/reno/imagereader.aspx?imageurl=https://sir.azureedge.net/1253i215/3422epffem51m9txqtxvcynme4i215&option=N&permitphotoenlargement=false&w=1600

PRICE $1,200,000. EXTERIOR 111 Acre(s)

This is seriously the middle of nowhere! My family is New Mexican.

About a 3 hour drive to the airport in Albuquerque, at least 5 hours to Phoenix AZ, hour & a half to Socorro. Socorro is likely the closest grocery store.

A very isolated place, imho.

Surrounded by amazing but desolate terrain. Close to the radio astronomy telescope, the VLA - Very Large Array.

Okay, now I wanna go home, at least for a visit.

jmho ymmv lrr

Hannah Reed was in court yesterday to face the charge of tampering with evidence.

Wednesday’s hearing turned testy when Morrissey asked the judge to revoke Gutierrez Reed‘s pretrial release conditions, which include her ability to keep a weapon because of threats she has received amid the headline-grabbing shooting saga.

New Mexico 1st Judicial District Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer has allowed Gutierrez Reed to keep a gun at her Arizona home.

During the hearing, Morrissey asked the judge to revoke that condition. Morrissey said she has information that Gutierrez Reed has “suffered from a significant substance abuse problem” and asked for random drug testing of Gutierrez Reed.

Gutierrez Reed‘s attorney, Jason Bowles, strenuously objected. Bowles said he did not know what Morrissey was talking about, telling the judge that Morrissey hasn’t provided any information that supported such a claim.

Sommer shut down Morrissey’s request, calling it an “ambush” on Bowles and Gutierrez Reed.

Hannah Reed was in court yesterday to face the charge of tampering with evidence.

Wednesday’s hearing turned testy when Morrissey asked the judge to revoke Gutierrez Reed‘s pretrial release conditions, which include her ability to keep a weapon because of threats she has received amid the headline-grabbing shooting saga.

New Mexico 1st Judicial District Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer has allowed Gutierrez Reed to keep a gun at her Arizona home.

During the hearing, Morrissey asked the judge to revoke that condition. Morrissey said she has information that Gutierrez Reed has “suffered from a significant substance abuse problem” and asked for random drug testing of Gutierrez Reed.

Gutierrez Reed‘s attorney, Jason Bowles, strenuously objected. Bowles said he did not know what Morrissey was talking about, telling the judge that Morrissey hasn’t provided any information that supported such a claim.

Sommer shut down Morrissey’s request, calling it an “ambush” on Bowles and Gutierrez Reed.

The last thing she needs is a gun. I seriously doubt anyone is threatening her, most people aren't following this story anymore. JMO, she's a gun-addict and thinks she needs to have a weapon to boost her ego and entertain herself.

Prosecutor Morrissey's actions remind me of Ye Olde Defense Attorney Advice:

When the facts favor your client, pound the facts.
When the law favors your client, pound the law.
When neither favors your client, pound that table.

These claims imho remind me of table-pounding.

And -- I've lived in Arizona and New Mexico. Firearm in the home for home defense & self defense is a good idea imho.

Yes, HGR could have a problem with firearms. Here's hoping she takes her attorney's advice -- he sounds like a good one!

jmho ymmv lrr

Prosecutor Morrissey's actions remind me of Ye Olde Defense Attorney Advice:

When the facts favor your client, pound the facts.
When the law favors your client, pound the law.
When neither favors your client, pound that table.

These claims imho remind me of table-pounding.

And -- I've lived in Arizona and New Mexico. Firearm in the home for home defense & self defense is a good idea imho.

Yes, HGR could have a problem with firearms. Here's hoping she takes her attorney's advice -- he sounds like a good one!

jmho ymmv lrr
I think the prosecution's case against HGR is pretty strong. But I don't really understand the aggressiveness and tone of the prosecution. Make a plea offer and get it resolved. If they have offered and HGR is not taking it, HGR is a fool. This case should have been wrapped up by now.

I think the prosecution's case against HGR is pretty strong. But I don't really understand the aggressiveness and tone of the prosecution. Make a plea offer and get it resolved. If they have offered and HGR is not taking it, HGR is a fool. This case should have been wrapped up by now.

I still think it's important that apparently AD Hall handled the pistol after HGR and passed it to the actor saying "cold gun."

I know there are multiple levels of responsibility, but do you see this as an opening for a defense attorney?

AD Hall accepted the plea, already agreed that he is guilty iirc.

jmho ymmv lrr

I still think it's important that apparently AD Hall handled the pistol after HGR and passed it to the actor saying "cold gun."

I know there are multiple levels of responsibility, but do you see this as an opening for a defense attorney?

AD Hall accepted the plea, already agreed that he is guilty iirc.

jmho ymmv lrr
I think from a purely legal standpoint, Hall's guilty plea really should not matter in regards to HGR's charges. But her attorneys will certainly try. But it is a little difficult. She can't just say, "see, Hall admitted he should have checked the gun too." That doesn't really help her. Because the State is going to say she is still the one that loaded the gun with the live round. Unless she is going to try to argue that somehow Hall actually loaded the live round. But I just don't think that argument is very believable. Spreading blame works better in a civil case than in a criminal one like this. Who knows, maybe a jury will be sympathetic to her, but I don't see it. If she didn't load the live round, who did and why? It would almost have to be an intentional act by someone, and that just doesn't seem to make much sense. Unless she is going to argue that there was a lot of discontent on the set against the production company and someone did this to prove a point. But I think that theory is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper