Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sorry if its a duplicate, but this is an important ruling. I'm surprised the prosecution chose to pursue the argument, but the law is clear.

I'm having real difficulty with the state's position that they want to show that as a producer, he didn't follow guidelines, and therefore, as an actor, Mr. Baldwin did all these things wrong resulting in the death of Halyna Hutchins because as a producer, he allowed this all to happen,' the judge said at the hearing.

Last edited:
IANAL but I believe Alec Baldwin’s role as a producer and his culpability as a result is a civil matter not criminal. I think it’s the right call by the judge to exclude that type of argument. It will confuse the issue. Morrissey wants to go at him with everything she can but he’s already being sued and paying millions for his culpability as a producer. She can get him as an A list actor and his arrogant recklessness. Judge was fair to both sides today. She was stern with everyone. She also said that they have to ask to approach for all objections. Based on the bad behavior (speaking objections) at the 1st half of the last trial my guess is her colleagues have advised Judge Marlowe she needs to lay down the law before this turns into a circus.

Based on what I saw today defense is well-behaved. They are not going to mess with this judge and can’t afford to be arrogant defending a celebrity. Morrissey on the other hand!! She’s a pistol! lol. She’s putting on a fantastic performance. I love watching her. I get giddy when she comes up to the lectern and she never disappoints. Haha! JMO
The civil trial has already taken place and a settlement reached, approved by a judge. That's usually the way these tragic events that take place on movie sets are handled.

That is AB's "Get Out of Jail" card. Now, he is just an actor, doing what he was told. May as well drop the trial, I don't see any liability here now for AB.
Interesting. I hope that prosecutors will present any evidence and information relating to the defendant’s possible criminal culpability and responsibility in court with evidence and witnesses under oath.

IMO the defendant while on set was handed a weapon / firearm / gun (irrespective of its condition) that was loaded (regardless of the type of ammunition it contained), and pointed and discharged / fired the weapon resulting in the death of HH. And for those reasons should be held to account for that within the constraints of applicable laws and regulations.

IIUC the defendant is separately dealing with any civil matters and liability related to the incident.

IANAL, gun or weapon, nor munitions expert. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi
Back