Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah I guess Baldwin’s defense has to argue it was just a one in a million fluke that the gun in proper working order discharged without pulling the trigger, or someone between the time PDQ obtained the gun and when Baldwin got it in his hands, someone altered the gun

I think those could be tough to argue and or prove
They are extremely difficult to argue and impossible in reality.

But - even if that did happen - he did not check it nor did he exercise any caution or circumspection before he decided to use it because he did not know what it was loaded with and made no efforts to check.

His defence are simply attempting to muddy the waters with all the where did the ammo come from and we can't check the gun because it was "destroyed" rubbish to deflect from the actual question at hand. That question is, essentially, was Alec Baldwin negligent and did that negligence cause a death?

These are the only questions which matter.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I haven't been following this case, but was this from today? (i.e. AB storming out of the courtroom) Or was this from a previous hearing?

@Angenette5

Clarification: I spoke to someone who was in the courtroom when this happened. She heard #AlecBaldwin tell his lawyer something and he got up. AB was not angry. When he started to walk out of the courtroom, she overhead AB say "bathroom" to the deputy and he let him leave. Spiro may not have realized what was happening
@LawCrimeNetwork
-----

@Angenette5

Clarification: I spoke to someone who was in the courtroom when this happened. She heard #AlecBaldwin tell his lawyer something and he got up. AB was not angry. When he started to walk out of the courtroom, she overhead AB say "bathroom" to the deputy and he let him leave. Spiro may not have realized what was happening
@LawCrimeNetwork
-----
The impression I got when watching this was that he was going out to compose himself more than anything else. He seemed to be simmering with either indignation, anger or outright fear from the impression I got.

I'm following the trial. Two inexperience people failed to check the gun and ammo before it landed in Alec Baldwin's hands. It has been established that the gun cannot fire unless the hammer is pulled back and the trigger is pulled. That means Baldwin pulled the hammer, pointed the gun, pulled the trigger.

Maybe he was fooling around, expecting the gun to have a dummy round. Testimony will be entered that Baldwin knew that a dummy round could kill, or cause serious injury.

That establishes that, regardless of dummy/ live round, Baldwin knew it was dangerous to point a gun at staff and pull the trigger. Regardless of who put live ammo on set, Baldwin was careless with the gun, causing death.

Is there a lawsuit against Baldwin for wrongful death?
No, a dummy round can't kill or cause serious injury. It can't do anything. I think maybe you are thinking of a blank round.

None of the live rounds found at Seths place were a match with the live rounds found on set. IIRC, powder, bullet, and primer were all different.

It was never proven where the live rounds came from but apparently there was a 'mystery box' of dummy ammo that magically appeared on set and HRG told the cops she only shook the box and didn't check individual rounds.
Yes, Investigator Poppell did verify twice that none of the identified .45 caliber live ammunition collected at PDQ matched the live ammunition that was found on Rust’s set.

However, SK’s interview with the New York Times and the line of questioning of Hannah’s defense lawyer during Poppell’s cross seem to imply that reloaded ammunition look similar to dummies and in his assumption that the rounds were blank, though a fair assertion but could have been possibly wrong, he could have placed or organized in the same cases or boxes as the dummies PDQ offered to Rust. As Poppell confirms, in accordance to the search warrant none of the rounds identified or assumed to be dummies could be collected or taken by the investigation team and as a result she could not analyze them in more depth or send to them FBI to confirm for a fact that they actually were dummies.

Just my understanding or thoughts from the cross depicted below

Starts at around 45:00

Interesting hearing going on about that ammunition that was handed over after the HGR trial. Defense just finished & prosecution is on.
Did you catch what picture Spiro spoke to Judge about. My L&C went to commercial right then. If you missed it, he says someone sent him a photo of “someone” while on the stand. Judge to go back to it”, after this stuff.

Special prosecutor Kari Morrissey established in her questioning that the source of the ammunition was Troy Teske, a friend of Gutierrez-Reed’s father with motivations to redirect the blame, and despite similarities, the bullets were not the same size as the live rounds found on the “Rust” set, including the one that killed Hutchins.

Morrissey sought to further defend Kenney’s role in her questioning of Hancock.

“Did you ever discover any evidence throughout your entire investigation that Seth Kenney supplied live rounds to the set of ‘Rust?’” Morrissey asked. Hancock said no.

All IMO. Spiro is not doing his client any favors with his cross-examination of crime scene tech Poppel. The bullying and his sideways testifying during questions is already old. I began this trial thinking AB was in an unfortunate position and if I was on the jury I would acquit him of involuntary manslaughter. But after listening to his attorney attempting to bulldoze witnesses and discredit the investigation over matters that really do not any substantial relevance to whether AB shot the gun that killed HH? I am of the mind to vote guilty.

All IMO. Spiro is not doing his client any favors with his cross-examination of crime scene tech Poppel. The bullying and his sideways testifying during questions is already old. I began this trial thinking AB was in an unfortunate position and if I was on the jury I would acquit him of involuntary manslaughter. But after listening to his attorney attempting to bulldoze witnesses and discredit the investigation over matters that really do not any substantial relevance to whether AB shot the gun that killed HH? I am of the mind to vote guilty.
What Spiro is doing is taking the trial and jury away from Morrissey. This is her case in chief right now, but the jury is spending most of their time hearing about how poor the investigation was. It keeps the prosecution from landing punches or minimizing the effect.

What Spiro is doing is taking the trial and jury away from Morrissey. This is her case in chief right now, but the jury is spending most of their time hearing about how poor the investigation was. It keeps the prosecution from landing punches or minimizing the effect.
This strategy *may* work but it does not work for me. Alec Baldwin pointed and fired a working gun — prop/no prop — At a living human being. And killed her. All this misdirection of the defense does is more firmly take me back to these basic facts.

Special prosecutor Kari Morrissey established in her questioning that the source of the ammunition was Troy Teske, a friend of Gutierrez-Reed’s father with motivations to redirect the blame, and despite similarities, the bullets were not the same size as the live rounds found on the “Rust” set, including the one that killed Hutchins.

Morrissey sought to further defend Kenney’s role in her questioning of Hancock.

“Did you ever discover any evidence throughout your entire investigation that Seth Kenney supplied live rounds to the set of ‘Rust?’” Morrissey asked. Hancock said no.

Maybe Teske was a friend to HGR's father, but he also knew Kenney. All these guys were buddy-buddy. See this old article:
Kenney subsequently called a police officer friend – Officer Troy Teske, of Bullhead City, Arizona, who he had met through Thell Reed – to complain that he never wanted to work with the younger Reed again.

I don't know what exactly is going on here, but it sure seems to me that the police tried to bury this evidence by giving it a different case number so it wasn't linked to the Rust trials. And I don't think Poppell was being completely truthful when she said she couldn't remember any details of her conversation with Teske. It was only a few months ago, and this had to be a memorable conversation: a witness walking in and claiming that he had new evidence in what is surely the most important case she'd ever worked on.

I don't know how this will affect AB's trial. After all, it doesn't really matter where the bullets came from, he still pointed the gun at HH and shot her. Nevertheless, I don't like cops or prosecutors burying evidence. That may not be a popular thing to say, as I know lots of people believe, "Well he's guilty anyways so what does it matter if they bend the rules a little", but I can't agree with it.

How can you not see this as the police purposely hiding evidence, even if they thought it wasn't evidence then put it under the case and let the lawyers debate whether it is relevant or not. I didn't see this coming.

]

Maybe Teske was a friend to HGR's father, but he also knew Kenney. All these guys were buddy-buddy. See this old article:
Kenney subsequently called a police officer friend – Officer Troy Teske, of Bullhead City, Arizona, who he had met through Thell Reed – to complain that he never wanted to work with the younger Reed again.

I don't know what exactly is going on here, but it sure seems to me that the police tried to bury this evidence by giving it a different case number so it wasn't linked to the Rust trials. And I don't think Poppell was being completely truthful when she said she couldn't remember any details of her conversation with Teske. It was only a few months ago, and this had to be a memorable conversation: a witness walking in and claiming that he had new evidence in what is surely the most important case she'd ever worked on.

I don't know how this will affect AB's trial. After all, it doesn't really matter where the bullets came from, he still pointed the gun at HH and shot her. Nevertheless, I don't like cops or prosecutors burying evidence. That may not be a popular thing to say, as I know lots of people believe, "Well he's guilty anyways so what does it matter if they bend the rules a little", but I can't agree with it.
Interesting development…… and thanks for that synopsis ch_13. For some reason this reminds me of the supposed box of items in the Michelle Troconis trial in CT. An item that if IIRC was passed between different attorneys involved in the case. SMH

Back to AB trial. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plaguedoverlord
Back