Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I'm not saying this makes him not guilty, he still pointed a gun at someone and that person died, I'm just saying can there be a single investigation where the police aren't doing something shady or could be seen as purposely wrong?

This strategy *may* work but it does not work for me. Alec Baldwin pointed and fired a working gun — prop/no prop — At a living human being. And killed her. All this misdirection of the defense does is more firmly take me back to these basic facts.
It is very effective. The jury has spent the better part of two days now hearing about all sorts of things but NOT about Alec Baldwin. Morrissey is sort of playing into this by constant redirect of these witnesses. She needs to just move along and not let the Defense bog her down.

Did you notice that when just before they were breaking and they were talking about bagging up these bullets again that Morrissey was going to pick them up without gloves and people yelled out she has no gloves?

The hearing has just resumed…..with a sidebar

I don't know what exactly is going on here, but it sure seems to me that the police tried to bury this evidence by giving it a different case number so it wasn't linked to the Rust trials. And I don't think Poppell was being completely truthful when she said she couldn't remember any details of her conversation with Teske. It was only a few months ago, and this had to be a memorable conversation: a witness walking in and claiming that he had new evidence in what is surely the most important case she'd ever worked on.
I thought the same thing until the witness —MP — said she went out of town to see her dying mother. When my father passed away, I forgot many important things. I’m giving her a pass. Also this is not relevant information to AB pulling the trigger and killing HH. IMO.

Very interesting things going on now! The judge has stepped down and is hands on with the evidence.

I thought she seemed ill equipped yesterday but she's very assertive and impressive so far today.
I'm behind in the stream so on catch-up watching this now - this is completely and utterly farcical!!

And they are arguing about what rounds are what and where they came from. Those questions are completely irrelevant! We know live rounds were there. It's beside the point how they got there. This is a trial about alleged negligence.

Did the defendant negligently cause a death? That is the question - and the sole question! How the live rounds got there is nothing to do with his actions.

Last edited:
Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer sent the jury home for the day after a hearing on the issue raised more questions and called for further testimony outside the presence of jurors.

Special prosecutor Kari Morrissey established in her questioning that the source of the ammunition was Troy Teske, a friend of Hannah Gutierrez-Reed’s father with motivations to redirect the blame, and despite similarities the bullets were not the same size as the live rounds found on the “Rust” set, including the one that killed Hutchins.

I'm not sure how this evidence would have changed what the defense has already done in this trial. Has the defense been prejudiced? JMO.

Did you catch what picture Spiro spoke to Judge about. My L&C went to commercial right then. If you missed it, he says someone sent him a photo of “someone” while on the stand. Judge to go back to it”, after this stuff.
Ok just saw it…Spiro was saying that someone told him that Morrissey was signaling witnesses on the stand and someone sent him a photo of it.

Ok just saw it…Spiro was saying that someone told him that Morrissey was signaling witnesses on the stand and someone sent him a photo of it.
Oh boy, wonder if we will see this picture?!

Reactions: BUF
<snip>
And I don't think Poppell was being completely truthful when she said she couldn't remember any details of her conversation with Teske. It was only a few months ago, and this had to be a memorable conversation: a witness walking in and claiming that he had new evidence in what is surely the most important case she'd ever worked on. <snip>

In my opinion, this case almost certainly is not the most important case she's ever worked on. Likely it's the most high profile case (involving a famous and sometimes decisive actor and receiving national media coverage), and yes, a woman died, but it was, after all, an accident. I feel certain that Poppell has provided crime scene support for many intentional murders, and her work likely has resulted resulted in dangerous criminals being locked away in prison for the protection of society. I feel those are the most important cases, not the current media circus. JMO

In my opinion, this case almost certainly is not the most important case she's ever worked on. Likely it's the most high profile case (involving a famous and sometimes decisive actor and receiving national media coverage), and yes, a woman died, but it was, after all, an accident. I feel certain that Poppell has provided crime scene support for many intentional murders, and her work likely has resulted resulted in dangerous criminals being locked away in prison for the protection of society. I feel those are the most important cases, not the current media circus. JMO
You can parse my words all you like. But I think the meaning of my post was clear. This is a case that involves a famous person and is in the news every single day. The trial is being broadcast in real-time on CourtTV and on youtube. Lots of people have very strong feelings about the defendant and his culpability.

Three months ago a person walked in from off the street with new evidence and Popell had a long discussion about the evidence with that person. Because of the notoriety of this case it's not credible to me that all the details of that discussion have now completely slipped her mind, regardless of what was going on in her personal life.

Whether or not this case merits the attention it gets is a separate issue. But that's clearly not what I was talking about.

All IMO:
The defense is making mountains out of irrelevant molehills. Masters of misdirection, they are likely working with HGR/her lawyers to get her out and basically tank the AB case by somehow proving New Mexico law enforcement (and the FBI) to be small town bumbling idiots. It really would be a travesty if they got away with this. I mean anybody could walk into any police station with trumped up and fake evidence and then accuse LE incompetence and prosecutorial misconduct. Travesty, as another poster said.

Mr. Baldwin’s lawyers have been fighting the case at every turn, and the question of where the live rounds came from and how law enforcement carried out its investigation has been central to their defense.

Judge Marlowe Sommer has not yet ruled on how to deal with the dispute, which poses a legal problem because the state is required to turn over key evidence like this to the defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechahendrix
Back