Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“He pointed the gun at another human being, cocked the hammer and pulled that trigger, in reckless disregard for Ms. Hutchins’ safety,” she said.

'He was an actor, acting'
“This was an unspeakable tragedy, but Alec Baldwin committed no crime. He was an actor, acting, playing the role of Harlan Rust,” attorney Alex Spiro said. “These ‘cardinal rules’ are not cardinal rules on a movie set.”

They're in Santa Fe, NM, right? if so, that's Mountain time zone and it should be back at 3:00 Eastern. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Yes 1:00 Mountain Daylight Time = 3:00 Eastern Daylight Time. If the case was being tried in Arizona, it would be a different matter since Arizona does not convert to Daylight savings time. Except on officially designated Native American lands. Which do recognize daylight savings time. It can be confusing when driving through Arizona. that is irrelevant to this case, just a public service announcement

Maybe Teske was a friend to HGR's father, but he also knew Kenney. All these guys were buddy-buddy. See this old article:
Kenney subsequently called a police officer friend – Officer Troy Teske, of Bullhead City, Arizona, who he had met through Thell Reed – to complain that he never wanted to work with the younger Reed again.

I don't know what exactly is going on here, but it sure seems to me that the police tried to bury this evidence by giving it a different case number so it wasn't linked to the Rust trials. And I don't think Poppell was being completely truthful when she said she couldn't remember any details of her conversation with Teske. It was only a few months ago, and this had to be a memorable conversation: a witness walking in and claiming that he had new evidence in what is surely the most important case she'd ever worked on.

I don't know how this will affect AB's trial. After all, it doesn't really matter where the bullets came from, he still pointed the gun at HH and shot her. Nevertheless, I don't like cops or prosecutors burying evidence. That may not be a popular thing to say, as I know lots of people believe, "Well he's guilty anyways so what does it matter if they bend the rules a little", but I can't agree with it.

What happened is Seth and Thell pulled strings to get Seth's sister in law and Thells daughter jobs on set as prop master and armorer, respectively.
Then the 2 women started fighting and bickering and dragged Seth and thell into it and they had a falling out over HGR doing a bad job before the shooting happened.

So there was already bad blood and Thell went to the cops first thing and blamed Seth for the live rounds and the cops searched Seths business. No evidence was found linking Seth to the shooting ammo.

All of that was established in the HGR trial, so I'm skeptical, at the least, over some friend of Thells showing up at a police station with live ammo, years after the shooting happened, and claiming it belonged to Seth.

And I'm not saying this makes him not guilty, he still pointed a gun at someone and that person died, I'm just saying can there be a single investigation where the police aren't doing something shady or could be seen as purposely wrong?
I'm a huge gun guy, 20 years running ranges and live fire for the army, gunsmith too, and I don't hold AB responsible at all if he had actually pulled the trigger. Armorers and safety measures are in place because actors are idiots who can't be trusted and frequently you have to handle firearms unsafely while on camera.
I do hold him responsible for throwing his weight around as a big name actor and producer and ignoring or undercutting safety measures and hiring an incompetent armorer. That is, IMO, what crossed the line from unlucky guy unknowingly holding a loaded weapon to creating the circumstances where a loaded weapon was put in an actors hand.
And, IMO, what he did as producer is much worse than what he did with that gun in his hand. You don't cut corners on set safety and armorer work.

I'm a huge gun guy, 20 years running ranges and live fire for the army, gunsmith too, and I don't hold AB responsible at all if he had actually pulled the trigger. Armorers and safety measures are in place because actors are idiots who can't be trusted and frequently you have to handle firearms unsafely while on camera.
I do hold him responsible for throwing his weight around as a big name actor and producer and ignoring or undercutting safety measures and hiring an incompetent armorer. That is, IMO, what crossed the line from unlucky guy unknowingly holding a loaded weapon to creating the circumstances where a loaded weapon was put in an actors hand.
And, IMO, what he did as producer is much worse than what he did with that gun in his hand. You don't cut corners on set safety and armorer work.
I don't think AB was the producer that did the hiring. But I do think that he, and a lot of others on set, probably should have clearly seen she wasn't doing a good job and done something about it.

I don't think AB was the producer that did the hiring. But I do think that he, and a lot of others on set, probably should have clearly seen she wasn't doing a good job and done something about it.
Maybe not on paper but he was the big dog on set and influenced a lot more than what his job title said.

What happened is Seth and Thell pulled strings to get Seth's sister in law and Thells daughter jobs on set as prop master and armorer, respectively.
Then the 2 women started fighting and bickering and dragged Seth and thell into it and they had a falling out over HGR doing a bad job before the shooting happened.

So there was already bad blood and Thell went to the cops first thing and blamed Seth for the live rounds and the cops searched Seths business. No evidence was found linking Seth to the shooting ammo.

All of that was established in the HGR trial, so I'm skeptical, at the least, over some friend of Thells showing up at a police station with live ammo, years after the shooting happened, and claiming it belonged to Seth.
Yeah, if this had all been turned over to the defense it likely would have been a non-issue. Even if these were really Seth's rounds, it might show that the police investigation was poorly done. But in the end it wouldn't have changed AB's culpability.

The fact that the cops allegedly tried to hide this ammo however, is much more serious. And I disagree with those who say it doesn't matter because the bullet supplier is not relevant to AB's defense. According to the defense, they requested to be able to see all the ammunition that was related to the case. The state should have followed through and turned this evidence over.

Yeah, if this had all been turned over to the defense it likely would have been a non-issue. Even if these were really Seth's rounds, it might show that the police investigation was poorly done. But in the end it wouldn't have changed AB's culpability.

The fact that the cops allegedly tried to hide this ammo however, is much more serious. And I disagree with those who say it doesn't matter because the bullet supplier is not relevant to AB's defense. According to the defense, they requested to be able to see all the ammunition that was related to the case. The state should have followed through and turned this evidence over.
You're right but who judges what's relevant?
I can mail off a box of live rounds to the cops and say that Thell gave them to me. Doesn't mean it's relevant.
I might be wrong, I skimmed yesterday's testimony, but I think they said that the good Samaritan rounds didn't match the shooting rounds. If that's true, then you have cops getting rounds from a 'good Samaritan' with ties to a defendant's father, claiming they came from someone else that father already tried to blame and the rounds didn't match the shooting rounds.
It's reasonable for a cop or prosecutor to say those rounds aren't relevant. Especially in a trial where the source of the rounds doesn't affect the defendant. Baldwin isn't being charged because he had anything to do with the rounds being on set, he's being charged for being the trigger man (and shouldn't be IMO) and for creating the circumstances where a live gun was handed to an actor.

Maybe not on paper but he was the big dog on set and influenced a lot more than what his job title said.
It's really hard to say. I have no doubt he was very involved in the script and making sure his part was to his liking. He probably had approval on the director and the other actors who would appear in the film. And he likely attended some meet-and-greets to bring in money from investors.

But I don't believe he was hiring the lower level personnel. The cameramen, script supervisor, armorer, assistant director, etc. were all hired by Gabrielle Pickle, the line producer. There must have been dozens of people on set and I doubt she was going back to AB to get approval on each hire.

Most big-name stars have their own entourage. They don't hang around the set. They go out and act their part and then return to their trailer afterwards. I don't know how it was on Rust, maybe it was a more intimate set, but I don't think we can automatically assume he knew what was going on around him.

I want to make clear I'm not absolving him for his own actions. I can't fathom why he pointed that gun at another person, whether or not he actually pulled the trigger. There's footage from the previous day where he specifically tells the cameraman that he isn't going to point his gun at that person. So, what happened on the day when Halyna was shot?

You're right but who judges what's relevant?
I can mail off a box of live rounds to the cops and say that Thell gave them to me. Doesn't mean it's relevant.
I might be wrong, I skimmed yesterday's testimony, but I think they said that the good Samaritan rounds didn't match the shooting rounds. If that's true, then you have cops getting rounds from a 'good Samaritan' with ties to a defendant's father, claiming they came from someone else that father already tried to blame and the rounds didn't match the shooting rounds.
It's reasonable for a cop or prosecutor to say those rounds aren't relevant. Especially in a trial where the source of the rounds doesn't affect the defendant. Baldwin isn't being charged because he had anything to do with the rounds being on set, he's being charged for being the trigger man (and shouldn't be IMO) and for creating the circumstances where a live gun was handed to an actor.
Sometimes there's a grey area. But from what we heard in today's testimony there isn't any in this case.
  1. Troy Teske was known to the cops, and an ex-police officer. He was also a friend of both Seth and Thell.
  2. He came in and said that this was evidence relevant to the Rust case and that's the sole reason he wanted to give them to the police.
  3. The defense requested all evidence of ammunition that was relevant to Rust.
  4. The cops never turned them over.
Those are the facts. It was clearly relevant.

Sometimes there's a grey area. But from what we heard in today's testimony there isn't any in this case.
  1. Troy Teske was known to the cops, and an ex-police officer. He was also a friend of both Seth and Thell.
  2. He came in and said that this was evidence relevant to the Rust case and that's the sole reason he wanted to give them to the police.
  3. The defense requested all evidence of ammunition that was relevant to Rust.
  4. The cops never turned them over.
Those are the facts. It was clearly relevant.
Thells friend says they're relevant. The police investigating obviously didn't think so.
Maybe they are. I don't think they are, even if they're a match and have Seths fingerprints on them. Where they came from isn't relevant to this trial.
It's a sideshow by ABs lawyers to throw the prosecutor off balance and distract the media.

Pay no attention to my client throwing a tantrum and storming out, or his personal videographer following him around to make another movie. Look at the cops who ignored evidence that the friend of a defendant's father brought them 2 years after the fact.

Kenney is getting absolutely grilled. He got off lightly when Bowles cross examined him in the HGR trial.

She could have but there is no evidence of that. Murderers do stupid things sometimes but to intentionally murder someone on a film set would be beyond stupid for the sake of getting caught. It was her first big gig, she didn’t want to jeopardize that.

However she did jeopardize her ‘career’ by being unprofessional and negligent. Her arrogance and immaturity superseded judgment. She overestimated being the daughter of a known armorer.

The fact that live rounds were found in the gunbelts of other actors makes me feel like maybe she was angry that Alec didn't attend her "safety " class. she just seems like she could be kinda unhinged , coupled with the arrogance etc...mooo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP
Back